Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-10-2014, 11:15 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-10-2014 09:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So today I got a magazine from two jehovahs witnesses. I usually don't tear apart these things I just leave them for the cats, but they tried to distinguish evolution and design as if they are mutually exclusive things. I hate that whether it be another athiest, muslim, hindu, agnostic or whatever.

Well, only as mutually exclusive as truth and fiction. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Hospital Bills.
Find all posts by this user
25-10-2014, 10:01 PM
(25-10-2014 11:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-10-2014 09:24 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So today I got a magazine from two jehovahs witnesses. I usually don't tear apart these things I just leave them for the cats, but they tried to distinguish evolution and design as if they are mutually exclusive things. I hate that whether it be another athiest, muslim, hindu, agnostic or whatever.

Well, only as mutually exclusive as truth and fiction. Drinking Beverage

Yeah, but I would rather them accept the truth and believe a fiction than to use fiction to deny a truth.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
26-10-2014, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 26-10-2014 06:24 AM by Free Thought.)
So, big ass storm comes outta nowhere, so close that the street in front of my house got a bolt of fresh plasma.

Just before this, a dog came wandering into out front yard, right as the storm begins to pick up.
My sister and I searched a little while for an owners house, before we were ordered back home by my father after the aforementioned bolt to the street.

Now we're stuck with a dog with no identification at all and we need to find the owner; we intend to do a thorough sweep of the area tomorrow... Hopefully we'll find the owner of the poor creature, we surely do not have the means to keep it.

The owners of the dog (named 'Cuddles') have just left, cheerfully reunited with their beloved canine. This went well.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
26-10-2014, 06:57 PM
Oh yea, that's why I didn't put in a ton of effort to get a job this year. Because working sucks.
Just got to think that the more I save the sooner I can get the fuck out of there.
Spend half, save half.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
27-10-2014, 06:37 AM
My work colleagues are such good people. My boss is fantastic, he talks to us about TV shows and games, cracks jokes and gives me a lift home (bicycle and all). He's so relaxed about work. Shit gets done he does make sure about that but he's just so casual about it.
My boss above him (he's in charge of the night team, the boss above him is in charge of the store) is also great. Friendly, always says hey and calls you by name etc..
And my work colleagues bring food and encourage you to have some and share their food. They're friendly and help you out with shit you don't know about.

At university I was surrounded by rich kids. I mean to put it into perspective I was the only one (of 400) with a part time job as well as studying full time. Those kids were fucking snobby little shits. They wouldn't lend you a dollar (figure of speech) where as here's a bunch of just above minimum wage moms and dads and young guys and girls etc.. aka poor people, that will encourage you to take some of their food. What even is that?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-10-2014, 02:05 PM
(27-10-2014 06:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  My work colleagues are such good people. My boss is fantastic, he talks to us about TV shows and games, cracks jokes and gives me a lift home (bicycle and all). He's so relaxed about work. Shit gets done he does make sure about that but he's just so casual about it.
My boss above him (he's in charge of the night team, the boss above him is in charge of the store) is also great. Friendly, always says hey and calls you by name etc..
And my work colleagues bring food and encourage you to have some and share their food. They're friendly and help you out with shit you don't know about.

At university I was surrounded by rich kids. I mean to put it into perspective I was the only one (of 400) with a part time job as well as studying full time. Those kids were fucking snobby little shits. They wouldn't lend you a dollar (figure of speech) where as here's a bunch of just above minimum wage moms and dads and young guys and girls etc.. aka poor people, that will encourage you to take some of their food. What even is that?

Good to know you like the people at your job.

Only job I can even find is a damn junk mail drop-off route... I lack a vehicle and don't particularly wish to spend hours plodding along with a few kilos of paper on my back so, especially in the high-30's temperatures that'll be hitting soon, it's a no go...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
27-10-2014, 04:37 PM
The other day I had two friends take me grocery shopping and my mom had gotten the days mixed up and hadn't gotten paid (government assistance) so we didn't get any food. I was hoping that while I stayed out this weekend she would've found someone to take her shopping but she didn't. Her logic behind this is "I don't want to ask anybody, and I don't want them helping me unless they offer to" which is stupid as fuck because there's nothing wrong with asking someone to help you. And a lady she used to work for before our only household car got totaled texted her and said "if you need someone to take you to the grocery store I'll do that" and that right there is a fucking OFFER but my mom's fucking retarded and is all "she shouldn't have to help me, my family should offer to help me" Like? We have no fucking food at all in this fucking house. We have NO cereal, the milk is expired anyways, and there's one more packet of oatmeal and its my sister's because she has to eat in the mornings to take her ADHD medicine. Take what help you can fucking get regardless of who it's from. Oh and when I got home my uncle was over and my mom was talking to him about everything and she had made the remark about me "she has places she can go to" and such referring to me moving in with a friend, and later I basically said it would be beneficial if I did move in with a friend because I'm just an extra mouth to feed and an extra body to buy miscellaneous for, and she took offense and was like "That'd be like you abandoning us." Like? YOU JUST IMPLIED THAT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND IF I CHOSE TO MOVE OUT AND I GAVE YOU A REASON OF HOW THAT WOULD BENEFIT YOU. But basically I haven't eaten anything since 5pm yesterday (so like 24 hours) and now I know what it feels like to live in poor countries because I literally feel like shit to the point where lack of food is making my head hurt and I most likely won't be able to eat until either 3pm or 5pm tomorrow depending on when a friend of mine can get me from college and feed me because my mom is shit at doing so WHEN SHE HAS WAYS TO GET TO THE STORE BUT IS TOO RETARDED TO LET PEOPLE HELP HER.

Starving is so cool. Let me tell ya.
27-10-2014, 04:57 PM
(27-10-2014 04:37 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The other day I had two friends take me grocery shopping and my mom had gotten the days mixed up and hadn't gotten paid (government assistance) so we didn't get any food. I was hoping that while I stayed out this weekend she would've found someone to take her shopping but she didn't. Her logic behind this is "I don't want to ask anybody, and I don't want them helping me unless they offer to" which is stupid as fuck because there's nothing wrong with asking someone to help you. And a lady she used to work for before our only household car got totaled texted her and said "if you need someone to take you to the grocery store I'll do that" and that right there is a fucking OFFER but my mom's fucking retarded and is all "she shouldn't have to help me, my family should offer to help me" Like? We have no fucking food at all in this fucking house. We have NO cereal, the milk is expired anyways, and there's one more packet of oatmeal and its my sister's because she has to eat in the mornings to take her ADHD medicine. Take what help you can fucking get regardless of who it's from. Oh and when I got home my uncle was over and my mom was talking to him about everything and she had made the remark about me "she has places she can go to" and such referring to me moving in with a friend, and later I basically said it would be beneficial if I did move in with a friend because I'm just an extra mouth to feed and an extra body to buy miscellaneous for, and she took offense and was like "That'd be like you abandoning us." Like? YOU JUST IMPLIED THAT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND IF I CHOSE TO MOVE OUT AND I GAVE YOU A REASON OF HOW THAT WOULD BENEFIT YOU. But basically I haven't eaten anything since 5pm yesterday (so like 24 hours) and now I know what it feels like to live in poor countries because I literally feel like shit to the point where lack of food is making my head hurt and I most likely won't be able to eat until either 3pm or 5pm tomorrow depending on when a friend of mine can get me from college and feed me because my mom is shit at doing so WHEN SHE HAS WAYS TO GET TO THE STORE BUT IS TOO RETARDED TO LET PEOPLE HELP HER.

Starving is so cool. Let me tell ya.

Until you can get out of there I have a small suggestion.

If you have any of your money available and you get the chance to go to a store get things like this - peanut butter- one of the most perfect foods. And get crackers of some sort to eat it with. They don't need refrigeration so you can safely stash them in your room for you and your sister. Get some of those fruit cups - also, no refrigeration needed. At least there will be something to stave off starvation since your mother is being a bonehead.

Those are your emergency rations. And start seriously looking for somewhere else to live. Sounds like she is still trying to guilt you into saving the day. You aren't the mom here - she is supposed to be.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
27-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Those are really good suggestions, Anj. Plus side is no cooking required. Same can be said with cans of beans, or veggies. They aren't the most delicious cold, but if you gotta have a private stash to stay alive.. Better than nothing.

Hug for Ferdi Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post