Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-10-2014, 05:20 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-10-2014 04:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 04:37 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  The other day I had two friends take me grocery shopping and my mom had gotten the days mixed up and hadn't gotten paid (government assistance) so we didn't get any food. I was hoping that while I stayed out this weekend she would've found someone to take her shopping but she didn't. Her logic behind this is "I don't want to ask anybody, and I don't want them helping me unless they offer to" which is stupid as fuck because there's nothing wrong with asking someone to help you. And a lady she used to work for before our only household car got totaled texted her and said "if you need someone to take you to the grocery store I'll do that" and that right there is a fucking OFFER but my mom's fucking retarded and is all "she shouldn't have to help me, my family should offer to help me" Like? We have no fucking food at all in this fucking house. We have NO cereal, the milk is expired anyways, and there's one more packet of oatmeal and its my sister's because she has to eat in the mornings to take her ADHD medicine. Take what help you can fucking get regardless of who it's from. Oh and when I got home my uncle was over and my mom was talking to him about everything and she had made the remark about me "she has places she can go to" and such referring to me moving in with a friend, and later I basically said it would be beneficial if I did move in with a friend because I'm just an extra mouth to feed and an extra body to buy miscellaneous for, and she took offense and was like "That'd be like you abandoning us." Like? YOU JUST IMPLIED THAT YOU WOULD UNDERSTAND IF I CHOSE TO MOVE OUT AND I GAVE YOU A REASON OF HOW THAT WOULD BENEFIT YOU. But basically I haven't eaten anything since 5pm yesterday (so like 24 hours) and now I know what it feels like to live in poor countries because I literally feel like shit to the point where lack of food is making my head hurt and I most likely won't be able to eat until either 3pm or 5pm tomorrow depending on when a friend of mine can get me from college and feed me because my mom is shit at doing so WHEN SHE HAS WAYS TO GET TO THE STORE BUT IS TOO RETARDED TO LET PEOPLE HELP HER.

Starving is so cool. Let me tell ya.

Until you can get out of there I have a small suggestion.

If you have any of your money available and you get the chance to go to a store get things like this - peanut butter- one of the most perfect foods. And get crackers of some sort to eat it with. They don't need refrigeration so you can safely stash them in your room for you and your sister. Get some of those fruit cups - also, no refrigeration needed. At least there will be something to stave off starvation since your mother is being a bonehead.

Those are your emergency rations. And start seriously looking for somewhere else to live. Sounds like she is still trying to guilt you into saving the day. You aren't the mom here - she is supposed to be.

I have a place to live. It's just a matter of me working with my aunt to get money for a vehicle of my own, and trying to find a way to move out on good terms with my mom so she doesn't prevent me from taking any of my belongings with me. I'm aiming towards January to have all of this done, because even though we're not celebrating the holidays, she would take offense if I weren't here to sit in sadness and disappointment with her.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2014, 05:27 PM
(27-10-2014 05:20 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 04:57 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Until you can get out of there I have a small suggestion.

If you have any of your money available and you get the chance to go to a store get things like this - peanut butter- one of the most perfect foods. And get crackers of some sort to eat it with. They don't need refrigeration so you can safely stash them in your room for you and your sister. Get some of those fruit cups - also, no refrigeration needed. At least there will be something to stave off starvation since your mother is being a bonehead.

Those are your emergency rations. And start seriously looking for somewhere else to live. Sounds like she is still trying to guilt you into saving the day. You aren't the mom here - she is supposed to be.

I have a place to live. It's just a matter of me working with my aunt to get money for a vehicle of my own, and trying to find a way to move out on good terms with my mom so she doesn't prevent me from taking any of my belongings with me. I'm aiming towards January to have all of this done, because even though we're not celebrating the holidays, she would take offense if I weren't here to sit in sadness and disappointment with her.

If you have a place to stay, start moving some things out. As for staying for the depression-filled holidays, why? I think that your mother should be a little concerned about remaining on good terms with you. Geez, makes me want to jump in my car and head to 'Bama - something I never thought I would say. 'Course me showing up would really fuck up that 'good terms' thing. I would be hard-pressed to not voice my opinion on such crappy parenting. Censored

Save yourself Ferdi - you mother is drowning and pulling you down with her.

Look around you - either see your future or see what it is you must get away from.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
27-10-2014, 05:34 PM
(27-10-2014 05:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 05:20 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I have a place to live. It's just a matter of me working with my aunt to get money for a vehicle of my own, and trying to find a way to move out on good terms with my mom so she doesn't prevent me from taking any of my belongings with me. I'm aiming towards January to have all of this done, because even though we're not celebrating the holidays, she would take offense if I weren't here to sit in sadness and disappointment with her.

If you have a place to stay, start moving some things out. As for staying for the depression-filled holidays, why? I think that your mother should be a little concerned about remaining on good terms with you. Geez, makes me want to jump in my car and head to 'Bama - something I never thought I would say. 'Course me showing up would really fuck up that 'good terms' thing. I would be hard-pressed to not voice my opinion on such crappy parenting. Censored

Save yourself Ferdi - you mother is drowning and pulling you down with her.

Look around you - either see your future or see what it is you must get away from.

I agree. If you have a chance to move out, take it. It is repulsive that you have to go without food. This is not how a parent treats their children.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
27-10-2014, 06:01 PM
(27-10-2014 06:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  At university I was surrounded by rich kids. I mean to put it into perspective I was the only one (of 400) with a part time job as well as studying full time. Those kids were fucking snobby little shits. They wouldn't lend you a dollar (figure of speech) where as here's a bunch of just above minimum wage moms and dads and young guys and girls etc.. aka poor people, that will encourage you to take some of their food. What even is that?

Are they Maori? They sound like Maori.

#sigh
27-10-2014, 06:03 PM
(27-10-2014 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 06:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  At university I was surrounded by rich kids. I mean to put it into perspective I was the only one (of 400) with a part time job as well as studying full time. Those kids were fucking snobby little shits. They wouldn't lend you a dollar (figure of speech) where as here's a bunch of just above minimum wage moms and dads and young guys and girls etc.. aka poor people, that will encourage you to take some of their food. What even is that?

Are they Maori? They sound like Maori.

No, he said they were working. Drinking Beverage

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-10-2014, 06:26 PM
(27-10-2014 06:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 06:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Are they Maori? They sound like Maori.

No, he said they were working. Drinking Beverage

No I said I was the only one working.
I said they were rich so no they weren't Maori.

[Image: oscar.png]
27-10-2014, 06:47 PM
(27-10-2014 06:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-10-2014 06:03 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  No, he said they were working. Drinking Beverage

No I said I was the only one working.
I said they were rich so no they weren't Maori.

I thought he was referring to your co-workers. Thus my confusion.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Oh right, yea most of them are.

[Image: oscar.png]
27-10-2014, 10:17 PM
(27-10-2014 06:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh right, yea most of them are.

I knew it. I knew they were Maori. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
28-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Fuuuuuuuk! Angry

I can't tell if I have some kind of illness or if its just allergies. Also...
THESE DRUGS ARE SO BORING. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein