Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-11-2014, 03:21 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-11-2014 12:20 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 09:20 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, dear.

Well; let me just forewarn you that "college" and "growing up" are two completely unconnected concepts for a lot of people. Alas.

Although on the bright side, I can't recall the word haunted ever coming up on any of the university tours I've ever been on...

I was referring more to age (generally, if you're looking at colleges, you're at least sixteen) than something to actually do with college. That's what I get for rewriting my posts a dozen times.

No, that's how I interpreted it.

Most freshman students are seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, and even more so the fraction of them who are looking for dorm space...

Just going around the sun a couple more times doesn't force more knowledge into people's brains.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 03:39 PM
(02-11-2014 03:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 03:01 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Generally, most young people are those looking into dorms, not really old people. But I do have a fuck ton of old people in my classes.

There's this one older military "gentleman" in one of my classes and every time I say the phrase "Fuck you" to one of my friends, he responds to me "Nah, I'll take a rain check."

Like, ew. Sadcryface

But he might be wealthy. Consider

EW CHAS I DO NOT WANT A SUGAR DADDY OR WHATEVER THAT IS No
02-11-2014, 03:44 PM
(02-11-2014 03:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 03:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  But he might be wealthy. Consider

EW CHAS I DO NOT WANT A SUGAR DADDY OR WHATEVER THAT IS No

See, you say that, but you also whine about having no money.

02-11-2014, 03:46 PM
(02-11-2014 03:44 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 03:39 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  EW CHAS I DO NOT WANT A SUGAR DADDY OR WHATEVER THAT IS No

See, you say that, but you also whine about having no money.

I whine about my mom having no money. Although I myself am still pretty broke.

Myself, I want to achieve money by non-creepy means. Tongue
02-11-2014, 03:49 PM
(02-11-2014 03:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 12:20 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  I was referring more to age (generally, if you're looking at colleges, you're at least sixteen) than something to actually do with college. That's what I get for rewriting my posts a dozen times.

No, that's how I interpreted it.

Most freshman students are seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, and even more so the fraction of them who are looking for dorm space...

Just going around the sun a couple more times doesn't force more knowledge into people's brains.

No, but it should give you time to understand your world better and figure out what does and doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, "should" is the key word.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
02-11-2014, 04:26 PM
(02-11-2014 03:49 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(02-11-2014 03:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  No, that's how I interpreted it.

No, but it should give you time to understand your world better and figure out what does and doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, "should" is the key word.

Critical thinking doesn't just happen; it has to be taught. And it can only be taught to someone who wants to learn...

Much as I'd like to condemn people for ignorance, I can't know whether they've even had the chance to figure anything out themselves. At least at a competent university they'll get a point in the right direction, even if that should have happened years ago.

02-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Well, no motorbike for Muffsy this year. Sad

I wonder if I could arrange some test rides anyway? Consider
02-11-2014, 05:01 PM
No motorbike for Muffs but my dad is building me a rat cage so I'm gonna have a pet rat soon. Big Grin
Hmmm, what to name him/her.. Consider
02-11-2014, 05:09 PM
I don't get it, why the fuck do so many people prefer the Genesis version of Guile's Theme over the SNES version? The SNES version is just better in every way...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
02-11-2014, 05:09 PM
(02-11-2014 05:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No motorbike for Muffs but my dad is building me a rat cage so I'm gonna have a pet rat soon. Big Grin
Hmmm, what to name him/her.. Consider

Pinky... narf!

[Image: Pinky_the_rat.jpg]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense