Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-11-2014, 05:44 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-11-2014 04:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I got an email today which annoyed me from an online tech retailer:

Quote:Dear Matthew
We have good news! The item G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR3 1600MHz Desktop Memory F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL on your Price Watch List has now dropped in price! The current online price is AU$58.98

Normally, a price cut of a component I want would be a thing to rejoice over, right. especially considering that I'm just a poor high school student.

But this shit is just a tease people! That component's original price was $59.99. Their discount comes to a total of one dollar and one cent. Why bother with such an absurdly low price drop?!

A few months ago they dropped Windows 7 from $115 to ~$85, that right there is a price drop! The hell is up with their pricing people?!

Damn! You are becoming more difficult to please. It's a dollar dude - and one cent! Come on - they even took the time to inform you. You should be more grateful. Sleepy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-11-2014, 02:52 AM
(03-11-2014 04:39 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I got an email today which annoyed me from an online tech retailer:

Quote:Dear Matthew
We have good news! The item G.Skill RipjawsX 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR3 1600MHz Desktop Memory F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL on your Price Watch List has now dropped in price! The current online price is AU$58.98

Normally, a price cut of a component I want would be a thing to rejoice over, right. especially considering that I'm just a poor high school student.

But this shit is just a tease people! That component's original price was $59.99. Their discount comes to a total of one dollar and one cent. Why bother with such an absurdly low price drop?!

A few months ago they dropped Windows 7 from $115 to ~$85, that right there is a price drop! The hell is up with their pricing people?!
It's a price drop of around 1.7%; it isn't bad for a hot item like DDR3 RAM, where the competition is cut-throat to say the least and margins are already very little.

Windows 7 is a discontinued product, totally different situation.
04-11-2014, 04:03 AM
(03-11-2014 05:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Damn! You are becoming more difficult to please. It's a dollar dude - and one cent! Come on - they even took the time to inform you. You should be more grateful. Sleepy

All I'm saying is it seems like such an absurdly small cut.

(04-11-2014 02:52 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  

It's a price drop of around 1.7%; it isn't bad for a hot item like DDR3 RAM, where the competition is cut-throat to say the least and margins are already very little.

Windows 7 is a discontinued product, totally different situation.

And now I know better.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-11-2014, 05:00 PM
FUK+FUK! Angry

"Can you come into work early... because we need to use you ... until you are dead?"

Angry FUCKING FUCKED UP FUCKING FUCKERS! Angry

The shittiest thing about it is...

I'm going in early. Undecided

fucking fuckers

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Missed two days of work because the person who was suppose to show me the website where I can log on and find all my pay slips and my roster and a heap of other shit didn't do their job.
Also found my roster and I'm working 5 days this week but next week I'm not rostered on for any days, not even Tuesday which I thought was my permanent work day (not that I'm complaining about that because I wanted to get next week Tuesday off anyway, people who own a xbox one know why).
05-11-2014, 04:35 PM
This fuckin' school...
[Image: 97597ae56954efca44a37b0a271ccc7d.png]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
05-11-2014, 05:33 PM
It's a needle. It's going to fucking hurt. Instead of telling me I hurt more than other people, which I'm sure it did hurt, there are a shit ton of nerve endings in the hand, why don't you just suck it up and thank me for getting it on the first try where other nurses failed miserably. I know your balls have dropped because they're hanging out of your damn gown, so stop being a fucking twat. I could have used a bigger needle, asshole.

Believe it or not, I didn't walk into your room thinking hmmmm how can I make this hurt the most. No. I came into your room thinking, well he's got shit for veins, challenge accepted. I'm going to get this on the first try.

That's right bitches, first damn try! Cause I'm a pro. Suck it.

And then he had to be a complete douche. Just fucking die already. Not really. But yeh. No. Yeh.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 4 users Like Nurse's post
05-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Xmas commercials ...already? Gasp
Ugh.

Be true to yourself. Heart
05-11-2014, 05:42 PM
(05-11-2014 05:41 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Xmas commercials ...already? Gasp
Ugh.

Please, I've already bought half my gifts for this year Drinking Beverage weak! Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
05-11-2014, 05:44 PM
(05-11-2014 05:42 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 05:41 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Xmas commercials ...already? Gasp
Ugh.

Please, I've already bought half my gifts for this year Drinking Beverage weak! Laugh out load

hahaha whattt?? Ohmy
I haven't bought a one yet. Shocking
Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart