Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-11-2014, 09:35 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-11-2014 09:23 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Sure I made it out, but because we have children together, I still have to deal with his stupid ass. And I'm fucking sick of it.

Sad Sorry. You're making a better life for both you and the kids though.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2014, 09:42 AM
(15-11-2014 09:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 09:23 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Sure I made it out, but because we have children together, I still have to deal with his stupid ass. And I'm fucking sick of it.

Sad Sorry. You're making a better life for both you and the kids though.

I hope so. Sometimes I wonder. Undecided

Had a long conversation with him last night and he is saying that the kids are still mad at me for leaving him. And he's delusional to boot. He seems to think that there is still a chance of us getting back together someday. Facepalm

He also told me several other things that I don't want to go into here, but the man is an habitual liar and so I have to sit and wonder if any of it is truth or if it is all lies. I thought the kids were doing better, and now he's got me second guessing. Sad

15-11-2014, 09:47 AM
(15-11-2014 09:42 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 09:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Sad Sorry. You're making a better life for both you and the kids though.

Had a long conversation with him last night and he is saying that the kids are still mad at me for leaving him. And he's delusional to boot. He seems to think that there is still a chance of us getting back together someday. Facepalm

He also told me several other things that I don't want to go into here, but the man is an habitual liar and so I have to sit and wonder if any of it is truth or if it is all lies. I thought the kids were doing better, and now he's got me second guessing. Sad

You *are* making things better. You gotta trust yourself over someone you know lies to you. Don't let him get to you. You don't have custody?

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-11-2014, 09:51 AM
(15-11-2014 09:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 09:42 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I hope so. Sometimes I wonder. Undecided

You *are* making things better. You gotta trust yourself over someone you know lies to you. Don't let him get to you. You don't have custody?

We have joint custody. They stay with him for a week and then with me for a week.

And yeah, I talked with Revs about all this last night and he told me not to let my ex get into my head. It's just not so easy to do that. Undecided

15-11-2014, 10:04 AM
(15-11-2014 09:51 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 09:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  You *are* making things better. You gotta trust yourself over someone you know lies to you. Don't let him get to you. You don't have custody?

We have joint custody. They stay with him for a week and then with me for a week.

And yeah, I talked with Revs about all this last night and he told me not to let my ex get into my head. It's just not so easy to do that. Undecided

Sounds like he wants to manipulate you, make you feel bad, and it's working. I know it can't be easy. I hope you can push past it, and not give him the satisfaction.

I got some good advice from a friend recently on how to deal with manipulative people who are a permanent fixture in your life. You know what he's trying to do, it's how he will always be. Fully accepting that as part of who he is can really help. Every time you interact with him be ready for it. If you keep this in the front of your mind when dealing with him, soon you'll be able to let it jus roll right over you without a thought. Maybe you'll even be able to laugh at his attempts instead of being frustrated by it.

Hug Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
15-11-2014, 10:27 AM
(15-11-2014 09:42 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 09:35 AM)morondog Wrote:  Sad Sorry. You're making a better life for both you and the kids though.

You only have control over the things you say or do. You don't have control over his behavior. Don't dwell on that. Put your energy into your time with the kids. You know he is a liar so don't put any weight to his words. My ex was the same - if he was talking, he was lying. It didn't take our son long to figure that out.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
15-11-2014, 10:33 AM
(15-11-2014 09:51 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  And yeah, I talked with Revs about all this last night and he told me not to let my ex get into my head. It's just not so easy to do that. Undecided

Well, it starts with your level of trust for your ex. How far do you trust him? Would you trust him *not* to try and manipulate you? Would you *expect* him not to try and manipulate you? Would you conversely, expect him to?

If you *know* he's a manipulative bastard then you know that what he says to you is likely to be either him sincerely stating shit from his perspective and getting it wrong because he can't see what a manipulative dick he's being (my Dad does this all the time) or *deliberately* being a manipulative dick because he knows you well and knows how to get inside your defence.

If you can see that what he tells you is just part of his strategy for... whatever the fuck he's trying to achieve - winning you back it sounds like - then you can counter, and you can also not let the emotional stuff get to you because it's *not true*, it's just him trying to guilt you.

If he *is* actually on sides, then... ja, I imagine your kids aren't super happy for the split. So maybe you can discuss how best to help them understand. Maybe taking that line will also give him a hint that the days of him and you are well and truly over.

15-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Hobbit got her 2 month shots yesterday. She cried during and then fell asleep so we thought all was well. About 4 hours later she woke up and started crying, not only crying but SCREAMING. I called the doctors and they told me to give her some baby Tylenol and compress her legs with ice. I gave her the Tylenol and tried to ice her but that made it worse. This continued anytime she was awake for about the next 6-7 hours off and on.

Luckily today she seems to be back to normal. But seriously...What the actual fuck. No one told me it hurt them THAT bad. It was enough to make me rethink the whole vaccination thing. I know its better than the alternative and I'm still going to get it done...but man I feel like shit doing it.
15-11-2014, 10:38 AM
(15-11-2014 10:33 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hobbit got her 2 month shots yesterday. She cried during and then fell asleep so we thought all was well. About 4 hours later she woke up and started crying, not only crying but SCREAMING. I called the doctors and they told me to give her some baby Tylenol and compress her legs with ice. I gave her the Tylenol and tried to ice her but that made it worse. This continued anytime she was awake for about the next 6-7 hours off and on.

Luckily today she seems to be back to normal. But seriously...What the actual fuck. No one told me it hurt them THAT bad. It was enough to make me rethink the whole vaccination thing. I know its better than the alternative and I'm still going to get it done...but man I feel like shit doing it.

Next time give her Tylenol when you leave for the appointment. And give it to her as directed for a couple doses. Also move the leg a lot. It helps disburse the vaccine.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
15-11-2014, 10:53 AM
(15-11-2014 10:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 10:33 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Hobbit got her 2 month shots yesterday. She cried during and then fell asleep so we thought all was well. About 4 hours later she woke up and started crying, not only crying but SCREAMING. I called the doctors and they told me to give her some baby Tylenol and compress her legs with ice. I gave her the Tylenol and tried to ice her but that made it worse. This continued anytime she was awake for about the next 6-7 hours off and on.

Next time give her Tylenol when you leave for the appointment. And give it to her as directed for a couple doses. Also move the leg a lot. It helps disburse the vaccine.

I'll try that next time thank you. The doctor never mentioned any of that. I'm pretty angry.