18-11-2014, 06:29 PM
RE: Ranting corner
It's fucking cold!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
18-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Re: Ranting corner
Go to a huge art event with my brother and our brother-from-another-mother. Had fun. Got a few things I needed, met some fellow artists. Flirted with the cute girl with the awesome freckles. She gave me some free stuff.

Tell some buddies. One asks if I got the digits. No, just a great smile and made her laugh. Now he's on my fucking case.

Ugh. Argh. Mothafuckingshitdamn.
19-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Must be my year to be sick. First the damn flu and coughing up my insides, now a stomach virus that is apparently meant to get rid of what the flu didn't get. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-11-2014, 10:15 AM
(19-11-2014 10:11 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Must be my year to be sick. First the damn flu and coughing up my insides, now a stomach virus that is apparently meant to get rid of what the flu didn't get. Censored

Hug

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
19-11-2014, 11:08 AM
It's 2:something at night.
My room is obnoxiously warm; my eyes suddenly shoot open. I feel aware of my surroundings despite the pitch blackness of the room, heart thumping in my chest, its rate seemingly accelerated ever so slightly. Something feels off, so I don't move. Ten minutes of immobility pass; no detectable movement, I must be alone. "Hello". No answer. I am indeed alone. I fling my covers off and rapidly walk to the light; nothing is out of place, no evidence to suggest there ever was anybody to begin with. I've vague memories of a dream of similar circumstances.

My conclusion:
I was dreaming so deeply that there was an intruder in my presence that my body flung itself into a such state of readiness for trouble that I woke up.

I lost out on sleep because I was dreaming too hard.
Fucking really, body? You always complain about not resting enough and this is what you do when you actually get a good bout of sleep!?

Now it'll be a pain to get back to sleep... Typically I 'see' plenty of things which stop me from getting to sleep... Now I'm going to have to add another 'thing' to the list...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
19-11-2014, 11:20 AM
(19-11-2014 11:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's 2:something at night.
My room is obnoxiously warm; my eyes suddenly shoot open. I feel aware of my surroundings despite the pitch blackness of the room, heart thumping in my chest, its rate seemingly accelerated ever so slightly. Something feels off, so I don't move. Ten minutes of immobility pass; no detectable movement, I must be alone. "Hello". No answer. I am indeed alone. I fling my covers off and rapidly walk to the light; nothing is out of place, no evidence to suggest there ever was anybody to begin with. I've vague memories of a dream of similar circumstances.

My conclusion:
I was dreaming so deeply that there was an intruder in my presence that my body flung itself into a such state of readiness for trouble that I woke up.

Fucking really, body? You always complain about not resting enough and this is what you do when you actually get a good bout of sleep!?

Now it'll be a pain to get back to sleep... Typically I 'see' plenty of things which stop me from getting to sleep... Now I'm going to have to add another 'thing' to the list...

I seldom dream any more. Or I should say that I don't remember dreams any more. My sleep is so erratic maybe I never get to the point where dreams are vivid enough to remember.

When I was a little kid I had a recurring dream that I still recall quite clearly. I would wake up certain that there was a snake laying on one side of me and a skunk laying on the other side. I would be totally convinced of it to the point that I wouldn't move a muscle for fear of disturbing either one and then being either bitten, sprayed, or both. I wouldn't even look to see if they were really there. This dream happened a lot. I would lay there and even slow my breathing for what seemed like forever to a kid of 7 or 8. Eventually I would fall back to sleep and awake in the morning with the sensation gone but I would be in the exact same position.

I have never figured out what that dream may have meant. Guess I should have asked Egor when he was going through his dream interpretation phase. The only theory I have that makes some sort of sense is that the snake was my quite violent father and the skunk my mean, hateful mother. I was always in fear of doing or saying something that would set them off.

Glad that dream doesn't happen any more.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
19-11-2014, 11:43 AM
(19-11-2014 11:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(19-11-2014 11:08 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's 2:something at night.

My conclusion:

I seldom dream any more. Or I should say that I don't remember dreams any more. My sleep is so erratic maybe I never get to the point where dreams are vivid enough to remember.

When I was a little kid I had a recurring dream that I still recall quite clearly. I would wake up certain that there was a snake laying on one side of me and a skunk laying on the other side. I would be totally convinced of it to the point that I wouldn't move a muscle for fear of disturbing either one and then being either bitten, sprayed, or both. I wouldn't even look to see if they were really there. This dream happened a lot. I would lay there and even slow my breathing for what seemed like forever to a kid of 7 or 8. Eventually I would fall back to sleep and awake in the morning with the sensation gone but I would be in the exact same position.

I have never figured out what that dream may have meant. Guess I should have asked Egor when he was going through his dream interpretation phase. The only theory I have that makes some sort of sense is that the snake was my quite violent father and the skunk my mean, hateful mother. I was always in fear of doing or saying something that would set them off.

Glad that dream doesn't happen any more.

I rarely if ever remember my dreams; indeed this is the first time such an event has occurred.

Personally, I'm not one for the Egor-esque 'art' of dream interpretation. I guess it can be an amusing novelty, like reading horoscopes and seeing how consistently wrong they are, but I don't put any stock in the practise being a real thing.

Think it's time I try to get to sleep again...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-11-2014, 06:02 PM
I have a macbook pro for work that I rarely use because the OS is specifically designed to prevent user from actually doing anything. Last week I found that it would not start up on battery and when I plug it in it says it is not charging and the battery condition is 'replace now'. It is, of course, less than 3 months since the warranty expired.

Stopped by the local apple store and they wouldn't do anything unless I made an appointment and the earliest available was a few days later. Checked with work and they tell me I have to ship it cross-country to the one authorized repair depot. Went back to the apple store and they tell me they have to keep it for a week just to change a fucking battery! I know Mac design is incredibly bad but this is just fucking ridiculous. Who the fuck designs a laptop with a battery that can't be replaced in 2 minutes? I fucking HATE all things apple.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
19-11-2014, 06:48 PM
I was reminded why I dislike poor people the other day at work.

So I'm just sitting there in the staff room on my break on the couch watching TV while the others at the table chatting away. I was watching Al Jazerra and there was something on about West Jerusalem being bombed and I was trying to listen to Kerry over my work mates chatter when all of a sudden one of my work colleagues comes out of fucking nowhere and changes the fucking channel and says "I'm sick of this Al Qaeda shit". WTF! Firstly, it's not Al Qaeda it's Palestine/HAMAS and secondly you lot were talking and not even watching TV and thirdly I WAS FUCKING WATCHING THAT!

This is why I came here (to TTA) in the first place. I'm surrounded by uncultured fucktards who don't know shit about anything outside the rugby league score.
Just once I would like to have an intelligent conversation with an actual human being, as in real life, about something other than rugby, "that hot girl in aisle 34", the weather, your "cuzzy-bro" (slang for cousin), work or what you did on the weekend.

I am slowly being suffocated by stupid people.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
19-11-2014, 06:54 PM
(19-11-2014 06:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is why I came here (to TTA) in the first place.

I'm sure we've been a constant disappointment.

On the rest of it; I can unfortunately totally agree on that score; biggest post-hoc reason for joining was because this place gave me shelter from the... less than ideally informed... by whom I was surrounded.

I can't sympathise on the work part though....