Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-11-2014, 06:47 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-11-2014 06:40 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Suddenly came down with something on Friday. Spent the whole night thinking I was the CEO of a number company. (In other words, I thought I was the number 5, and my job was to gather all of the numbers together.)

Still sick, and I gotta write a report due Monday. Was supposed to do some of it today, but that doesn't seem likely. On the bright-side, maybe I can get an extension, though not likely. Tonight, I am the number six. Barely left my bed yesterday and today.

Sad

Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2014, 07:19 PM
It is hard to go through life without trading in tf2

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Yucky weather can shoo fly

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Shit is backed up in my basement!!!! Apparently when we flush the toilet upstairs it is coming out the basement toilet. I am so over living in an older house with constant issues! Ready to build a new one!
22-11-2014, 09:25 PM
(22-11-2014 09:17 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Shit is backed up in my basement!!!! Apparently when we flush the toilet upstairs it is coming out the basement toilet. I am so over living in an older house with constant issues! Ready to build a new one!

Ummm - I think you win the ranting thread. Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
22-11-2014, 09:28 PM
(22-11-2014 09:17 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Shit is backed up in my basement!!!! Apparently when we flush the toilet upstairs it is coming out the basement toilet. I am so over living in an older house with constant issues! Ready to build a new one!

That sucks!!!! Is it a problem with the sewer line, or just the plumbing in general? Ive had my fair share of backup problems because of our cracked sewer line, but luckily not of the..... shitty variety Confused ours usually starts to back up after the line has had time to become clogged with roots. Luckily it only starts backing up when we're using large amounts of water, like when doing the laundry, so at least it's somewhat "clean" water for the most part.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Yep, most likely roots. Get the roto-rooter guy over - they love getting calls on the weekend. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
22-11-2014, 09:46 PM
(22-11-2014 09:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

That sucks!!!! Is it a problem with the sewer line, or just the plumbing in general? Ive had my fair share of backup problems because of our cracked sewer line, but luckily not of the..... shitty variety Confused ours usually starts to back up after the line has had time to become clogged with roots. Luckily it only starts backing up when we're using large amounts of water, like when doing the laundry, so at least it's somewhat "clean" water for the most part.

Hmm...I have been doing massive amounts of laundry today. I didn't see any water come out when I ran one of the sinks upstairs but I definitely saw some water come out when I did a test flush with the upstairs toilet. Hopefully I can find a heathen plumber that will come work on my house tomorrow (Sunday)!!
[+] 1 user Likes TN Skeptic's post
23-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Missed a phone call from work this afternoon (that I just noticed I missed).
Fuck that's annoying as fuck. Just after I specifically told them that if they phoned my cell they'd get me every time...
They're never gonna phone me for extra shifts now.

#reallifeproblems

[Image: oscar.png]
23-11-2014, 08:36 AM
Dear med student,
When it is 0735 I want to go home. DO NOT FUCKING PULL ME OUT OF THE FUCKING HALL TO TAKE A PATIENT OFF A BEDPAN!!' MY SHIFT IS FUCKING OVER!!!

She was frantically asking for help and if I was the patient's nurse. My response - "I was on night shift" (handover is at 0645 btw). "Oh good, I really need your help." I enter the room - "Yeah, he needs off the bedpan." Dodgy So she stands there and watched while I clean up shit instead of grabbing my bags and heading home.

I don't like to clean shit. No one does. But it's part of patient care.

Nursing school should be the prerequisite to medical school. It is fucking ridiculous that you can go to med school with a goddamn BA in British Literature. I'm sure that BA teaches all about about ABGs, pathophysiology, and how to perform various skills. Oh that's right, you'll learn it in med school after wasting four years of your life.

So while I'm wiping his ass, med student says "he said he feels like he's in a fib." Facepalm Look at the fucking monitor - of course he's in a fib. He's chronically in a fib. In fact he goes into pulsatile Vtach on a regular basis, and paces out of it. Don't try and pimp me for your report when you make me stay late to wipe an ass because it's beneath you. "Does he have a cardiology consult for it?" Look around you... It's the CVICU. My response "I dunno, guess you need to check the chart." I usually am really helpful to students, but fuck you, I just worked 60 night shift hours and you make me stay late for this. Go to hell.

If she had gone to nursing school first, she would have been able to recognize a fib, wouldn't have been scared of poop, would have easily inferred the patient had a cardiology consult, etc. But then, nursing is "beneath" most aspiring doctors. It's such a fucked up system - I HATE taking orders from someone who has their first job at age 28 as a resident and has no concept of what it means to work a paying job.

Medicine is fucking complicated and residency hours are drastically reduced in comparison to just 15 years ago. Allowing sociology majors and the like into med school instead of getting hands on with patients in undergrad is completely asinine. You have 1st year residents that don't know a damn thing about patient care WRITING ORDERS. I work in one of the highest acuity CVICUs in the country and they put first year residents on our cases. Really?! I don't have time to hold your hand and tell you what to order. And had you gone to nursing school first and spent a year working, you would have a better understanding of what you are ordering and how the order is carried out.

I could go on for days.. Obviously I am quite pissed off and way past tired, so forgive the scattered thoughts. It just really fucking chapped my ass. Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman