Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-11-2014, 08:46 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-11-2014 08:36 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Dear med student,
When it is 0735 I want to go home. DO NOT FUCKING PULL ME OUT OF THE FUCKING HALL TO TAKE A PATIENT OFF A BEDPAN!!' MY SHIFT IS FUCKING OVER!!!

She was frantically asking for help and if I was the patient's nurse. My response - "I was on night shift" (handover is at 0645 btw). "Oh good, I really need your help." I enter the room - "Yeah, he needs off the bedpan." Dodgy So she stands there and watched while I clean up shit instead of grabbing my bags and heading home.

I don't like to clean shit. No one does. But it's part of patient care.

Nursing school should be the prerequisite to medical school. It is fucking ridiculous that you can go to med school with a goddamn BA in British Literature. I'm sure that BA teaches all about about ABGs, pathophysiology, and how to perform various skills. Oh that's right, you'll learn it in med school after wasting four years of your life.

So while I'm wiping his ass, med student says "he said he feels like he's in a fib." Facepalm Look at the fucking monitor - of course he's in a fib. He's chronically in a fib. In fact he goes into pulsatile Vtach on a regular basis, and paces out of it. Don't try and pimp me for your report when you make me stay late to wipe an ass because it's beneath you. "Does he have a cardiology consult for it?" Look around you... It's the CVICU. My response "I dunno, guess you need to check the chart." I usually am really helpful to students, but fuck you, I just worked 60 night shift hours and you make me stay late for this. Go to hell.

If she had gone to nursing school first, she would have been able to recognize a fib, wouldn't have been scared of poop, would have easily inferred the patient had a cardiology consult, etc. But then, nursing is "beneath" most aspiring doctors. It's such a fucked up system - I HATE taking orders from someone who has their first job at age 28 as a resident and has no concept of what it means to work a paying job.

Medicine is fucking complicated and residency hours are drastically reduced in comparison to just 15 years ago. Allowing sociology majors and the like into med school instead of getting hands on with patients in undergrad is completely asinine. You have 1st year residents that don't know a damn thing about patient care WRITING ORDERS. I work in one of the highest acuity CVICUs in the country and they put first year residents on our cases. Really?! I don't have time to hold your hand and tell you what to order. And had you gone to nursing school first and spent a year working, you would have a better understanding of what you are ordering and how the order is carried out.

I could go on for days.. Obviously I am quite pissed off and way past tired, so forgive the scattered thoughts. It just really fucking chapped my ass. Angry

Ahh nursing...

One of the few careers I know of where being of absurdly vital importance leads to decreased general respect.

I, of course have a deep respect for nurses. You people routinely do things I certainly couldn't.

... Plus if there are two groups of people in a hospital you don't want to anger they're the nursing and janitorial staff...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
23-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Apparently I've given out too many positive rep ratings for a day. Damnit. I always forget to go back and rep when that happens. Sometimes I'm in a rep fairy mood and want to sprinkle some rep dust on people.

It's a conspiracy. What's the maximum?

I wonder if I can still neg rep anyone... Who wants to be the guinea pig?Consider

Edit: check out me using it's correctly - thanks to Chas and willhopp. Whom I can't rep.

Dammit. Not sure if it's who or whom.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
23-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Been awake since 2 in the morning, can't remember anything that happened on Saturday... And then I get a random bloody nose.

WTAF, body?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
23-11-2014, 10:43 AM
(23-11-2014 10:35 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Apparently I've given out too many positive rep ratings for a day. Damnit. I always forget to go back and rep when that happens. Sometimes I'm in a rep fairy mood and want to sprinkle some rep dust on people.

It's a conspiracy. What's the maximum?

I wonder if I can still neg rep anyone... Who wants to be the guinea pig?Consider

Edit: check out me using it's correctly - thanks to Chas and willhopp. Whom I can't rep.

Dammit. Not sure if it's who or whom.

I don't remember the limit but know there is one - three a day maybe. I used to be able to give as many as I wanted, sadly, I can't do that any more. Sadcryface

Neg repping shouldn't be a problem for you though it may be part of your rep allotment for the day.

Now if I update anyone's rep I have given their rep will be lowered so to all those I didn't get to up rep - my apologies.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-11-2014, 01:34 PM
(23-11-2014 10:39 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Been awake since 2 in the morning, can't remember anything that happened on Saturday... And then I get a random bloody nose.

WTAF, body?

Unsure Ato, your posts about being sick are scary Confused have you been to the doctor? Hallucinations, memory loss, bloody nose.... Those together don't sound good No
Hope you're better soon Hug

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-11-2014, 01:48 PM
(23-11-2014 08:36 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I could go on for days.. Obviously I am quite pissed off and way past tired, so forgive the scattered thoughts. It just really fucking chapped my ass. Angry

Heart Hug Sorry you got to deal with a dipstick today.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
23-11-2014, 05:02 PM
(23-11-2014 01:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 10:39 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Been awake since 2 in the morning, can't remember anything that happened on Saturday... And then I get a random bloody nose.

WTAF, body?

Unsure Ato, your posts about being sick are scary Confused have you been to the doctor? Hallucinations, memory loss, bloody nose.... Those together don't sound good No

No, I haven't. I'm pretty sure the vast majority is stress induced.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
23-11-2014, 05:08 PM
(23-11-2014 05:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 01:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Unsure Ato, your posts about being sick are scary Confused have you been to the doctor? Hallucinations, memory loss, bloody nose.... Those together don't sound good No

hmmm my advice would be a hot drink and 5 days off from the world. Gotta detox at least twice a year or it gets bad.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
23-11-2014, 05:14 PM
(23-11-2014 05:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 01:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Unsure Ato, your posts about being sick are scary Confused have you been to the doctor? Hallucinations, memory loss, bloody nose.... Those together don't sound good No

Consider
Can't say I've ever heard of stress causing hallucinations, memory loss and nose bleeds...

I'd good it, but we all know it'd come up as cancer... Or maybe a stroke.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
23-11-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm a bitch. Really a horrible bitch. Today, my husband tagged along with grocery shopping and all he did was slow me down, got in my way and half the time wandered away with the shopping cart and didn't reply to my text messages asking where he was.

Then we get to the car and he tells me that I embarrassed him when I curtly told him to stay put.

He said I used to be fun to shop with. Facepalm

I feel shitty about it. I'm just stuck in this bitchy mode and can't get out.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces