Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-11-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-11-2014 06:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 06:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No my grocery bill would double Blink

Never shop while hungry, and stick to the list. Tongue

See, thats why he has to take one of the kids with him. Nothing makes you stick to the list and speed shop faster than having a 9YO or 11YO with you.

Trust me, you want out ASAP.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
23-11-2014, 06:59 PM
I am used to putting my purse in the seat of the cart. I never let it out of my sight. If hubby comes along he feels the need to push the cart. I have to carry my purse after one too many times of finding him halfway down an aisle with my purse sitting unattended in the cart.

That, and the way finances work around here - I pay for the groceries - don't tell me what I can and can't buy.

I hate to grocery shop - hate it with a passion. But even worse is grocery shopping with hubby along. I don't walk around the yard with him telling him he isn't mowing correctly. He needs to keep to his tasks and let me handle mine. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-11-2014, 07:09 PM
(23-11-2014 06:51 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 06:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  Never shop while hungry, and stick to the list. Tongue

See, thats why he has to take one of the kids with him. Nothing makes you stick to the list and speed shop faster than having a 9YO or 11YO with you.

Trust me, you want out ASAP.

I nearly had a fight in a grocery store once. I get speed shopping. My youngest kids are two years apart too. Smile
23-11-2014, 07:16 PM
(23-11-2014 06:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am used to putting my purse in the seat of the cart. I never let it out of my sight. If hubby comes along he feels the need to push the cart. I have to carry my purse after one too many times of finding him halfway down an aisle with my purse sitting unattended in the cart.

That, and the way finances work around here - I pay for the groceries - don't tell me what I can and can't buy.

I hate to grocery shop - hate it with a passion. But even worse is grocery shopping with hubby along. I don't walk around the yard with him telling him he isn't mowing correctly. He needs to keep to his tasks and let me handle mine. Dodgy

I really don't mind grocery shopping. It's usually a pleasure. But this trip was anything but.

It really just occurred to me, I have a quite precise way I shop, but with husband along, I seemed to spend much of my time running around to look for him, or running around to quickly grab items I missed before he wandered away too far (since he insisted on keeping the cart).

This really isn't the week I want to keep returning to the market because I've forgotten stuff either.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-11-2014, 07:34 PM
(23-11-2014 06:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 06:17 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No my grocery bill would double Blink

Never shop while hungry, and stick to the list. Tongue

My husband and I always go to the store together. I mastermind the list, make sure we get everything we need for the next two weeks, and he does the heavy lifting. Big Grin

We go up and down each aisle together, while I tell him 'no' to all the extra stuff he wants to get. If I let him lose with his own cart..... The list be damned, he'd come back with four FLAVORS of potato chips, three different ice cream treats, four different bags of candies.... Weeping

Though, I should give him some credit. He has gone alone with my list, and did ok. So maybe it wouldn't be a complete disaster.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
23-11-2014, 07:41 PM
(23-11-2014 07:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 06:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am used to putting my purse in the seat of the cart. I never let it out of my sight. If hubby comes along he feels the need to push the cart. I have to carry my purse after one too many times of finding him halfway down an aisle with my purse sitting unattended in the cart.

I really don't mind grocery shopping. It's usually a pleasure. But this trip was anything but.

It really just occurred to me, I have a quite precise way I shop, but with husband along, I seemed to spend much of my time running around to look for him, or running around to quickly grab items I missed before he wandered away too far (since he insisted on keeping the cart).

This really isn't the week I want to keep returning to the market because I've forgotten stuff either.

I also have a system and adding another person just fucks that system up completely. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-11-2014, 07:55 PM
I will be visiting Target alone.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-11-2014, 08:02 PM
(23-11-2014 07:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 06:36 PM)pablo Wrote:  Never shop while hungry, and stick to the list. Tongue

My husband and I always go to the store together. I mastermind the list, make sure we get everything we need for the next two weeks, and he does the heavy lifting. Big Grin

We go up and down each aisle together, while I tell him 'no' to all the extra stuff he wants to get. If I let him lose with his own cart..... The list be damned, he'd come back with four FLAVORS of potato chips, three different ice cream treats, four different bags of candies.... Weeping

Though, I should give him some credit. He has gone alone with my list, and did ok. So maybe it wouldn't be a complete disaster.

On a side note...speaking of shopping, I was at walmart today and saw a decent laptop. Don't know if you're still looking smerc. HP 15.6" screen, 2GB ram, 500GB hd, $229.00.
23-11-2014, 08:05 PM
I think I'm gonna save some money and go skydiving.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-11-2014, 08:14 PM
(23-11-2014 08:02 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 07:34 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  My husband and I always go to the store together. I mastermind the list, make sure we get everything we need for the next two weeks, and he does the heavy lifting. Big Grin

On a side note...speaking of shopping, I was at walmart today and saw a decent laptop. Don't know if you're still looking smerc. HP 15.6" screen, 2GB ram, 500GB hd, $229.00.

Aw you're sweet, Pablo. I did already get one, but thank you for thinking of me. Heart

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post