Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-11-2014, 09:11 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-11-2014 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  1% is watered down. I buy whole milk. If anyone around here doesn't like it they can add water or ice.

I buy 1% for drinking, cereal etc.

But, if I make hot cocoa, I only use two parts whole milk and one part heavy cream. Shy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2014, 09:13 PM
[Image: dos+boobies.jpg]

Sorry! Blush

[+] 4 users Like TheGulegon's post
23-11-2014, 09:19 PM
So, thinking about skydiving a little.
It could be a rather profitable business. I mean all you need is a tiny little plane with a side door, a little office building, a pilot and an instructor (or two) and a bit of land at the airstrip to park your plane.

Expenses would be fuel, maintenance for the plane (how expensive could that be on a tiny plane?), wages for 3 employees (pilot, 2 instructors. I could do the bookings and accounting side myself), airstrip rent, gear maintenance, maybe a bit of rent for the little office building, adventure tourism licence fees, website, advertising.

It would certainly be less fuss than say a retail business.

Just thinking out loud. Carry on.

[Image: oscar.png]
23-11-2014, 09:23 PM
I'll drink less than whole milk, but only if I have to. Growing up we got our milk straight from a small dairy farm right outside of town. You had to let it sit overnight so the cream would rise to the top. Then you pour about half of the cream off and shake the rest back in. Good god it was delicious. Drooling

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
23-11-2014, 09:28 PM
(23-11-2014 09:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, thinking about skydiving a little.
It could be a rather profitable business. I mean all you need is a tiny little plane with a side door, a little office building, a pilot and an instructor (or two) and a bit of land at the airstrip to park your plane.

Expenses would be fuel, maintenance for the plane (how expensive could that be on a tiny plane?), wages for 3 employees (pilot, 2 instructors. I could do the bookings and accounting side myself), airstrip rent, gear maintenance, maybe a bit of rent for the little office building, adventure tourism licence fees, website, advertising.

Don't forget about insurance. On the business, the plane, and presumably your clients. Thumbsup

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-11-2014, 09:30 PM

Nothing about a plane is cheap. Cutomers, you'll need them too.
How popular is skydiving in your area?
23-11-2014, 09:30 PM
(23-11-2014 09:28 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

Don't forget about insurance. On the business, the plane, and presumably your clients. Thumbsup

Business and plane insurance of course. But clients would sign a waver saying I aint responsible for shit. Their travel insurance would cover injuries anyway and ACC covers NZ residents.

23-11-2014, 09:31 PM
(23-11-2014 09:30 PM)pablo Wrote:  

Nothing about a plane is cheap. Cutomers, you'll need them too.
How popular is skydiving in your area?

It's NZ... very...

edit: late for work gtg

23-11-2014, 10:43 PM
Re: Ranting corner
The talk about memory loss reminds me of fuckheads who don't listen. Years ago I had, let's say, an occurrence (long story). I do have memory loss. Been over a decade, not getting it back.

Why do people not fucking get that? If I say I don't remember you, then stop saying stupid shit like "We hung out with So-and-so" or "You knew me back then."

W. T. F.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
23-11-2014, 11:45 PM
(23-11-2014 05:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 05:02 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  No, I haven't. I'm pretty sure the vast majority is stress induced.

Consider
Can't say I've ever heard of stress causing hallucinations, memory loss and nose bleeds...

I'd good it, but we all know it'd come up as cancer... Or maybe a stroke.

Ha! WebMD will convince anyone they've got cancer. Can't tell you how many times a patient has said "well webmd says..." Facepalm

Nose bleeds are common this time of year - although that's in the southeast US. Not sure about Ato's region. And he's probably right about it being stress.

Severe stress causing high anxiety can cause hallucinations and memory loss (psychosis). Definitely need to get that checked out. Maybe it's just generalized anxiety disorder with psychosis, maybe it's something more nefarious. If it's the anxiety - a Xanax prescription will make your world much more peaceful. I could probably use it myself....Consider

Nosebleed when you've had sinus issues the past few weeks or the air has been really dry - no big deal. Nosebleed with random bruising and/or night sweats and fevers - that needs to be checked out as soon as possible.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman