Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Re: Ranting corner
WebMD and other sites are crap for self-diagnosis. For giggles I put my migraine symptoms in. Most sites say the most likely reason is a brain tumor. And I have gotten scans and there are no tumors.

Put in a sprained ankle and it will probably say you have leprosy.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
24-11-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Hazel. She named the baby Hazel.

Blink

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
24-11-2014, 02:14 PM
(23-11-2014 11:45 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(23-11-2014 05:14 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Consider
Can't say I've ever heard of stress causing hallucinations, memory loss and nose bleeds...

I'd good it, but we all know it'd come up as cancer... Or maybe a stroke.

Ha! WebMD will convince anyone they've got cancer. Can't tell you how many times a patient has said "well webmd says..." Facepalm

Nose bleeds are common this time of year - although that's in the southeast US. Not sure about Ato's region. And he's probably right about it being stress.

Severe stress causing high anxiety can cause hallucinations and memory loss (psychosis). Definitely need to get that checked out. Maybe it's just generalized anxiety disorder with psychosis, maybe it's something more nefarious. If it's the anxiety - a Xanax prescription will make your world much more peaceful. I could probably use it myself....Consider

Nosebleed when you've had sinus issues the past few weeks or the air has been really dry - no big deal. Nosebleed with random bruising and/or night sweats and fevers - that needs to be checked out as soon as possible.

(24-11-2014 10:41 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  WebMD and other sites are crap for self-diagnosis. For giggles I put my migraine symptoms in. Most sites say the most likely reason is a brain tumor. And I have gotten scans and there are no tumors.

Put in a sprained ankle and it will probably say you have leprosy.

You people mean to tell me I might not be suffering kidney failure because I piss every few 10 or so minutes?!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Re: Ranting corner
Sorry, FT, but you obviously have an alien parasite.
24-11-2014, 02:19 PM
(24-11-2014 02:16 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Sorry, FT, but you obviously have an alien parasite.

That is the next best guess.

Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-11-2014, 04:06 PM
(24-11-2014 02:19 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(24-11-2014 02:16 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Sorry, FT, but you obviously have an alien parasite.

That is the next best guess.

Consider

Seems likely. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2014, 04:10 PM

Doniston should be able to help you with that.
Drinking Beverage

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
24-11-2014, 05:46 PM
I just saw someone on FB tell a mom with mastitis that she can cure it by putting cabbage leaves in her bra....

veggies in your underwear as medicine *facepalm*
24-11-2014, 11:03 PM
(24-11-2014 05:46 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just saw someone on FB tell a mom with mastitis that she can cure it by putting cabbage leaves in her bra....

veggies in your underwear as medicine *facepalm*

FB is becoming a terrifying abyss of medical misinformation... most of which can be refuted with a quick google search Facepalm Thank fuck for sites like sciencebasedmedicine.org

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
25-11-2014, 07:11 AM
(24-11-2014 11:21 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Hazel. She named the baby Hazel.

Blink

With a name like that that kid is almost guaranteed to be a nut when it grows up.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post