Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-11-2014, 04:00 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-11-2014 04:30 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  My grandmother, Reidun, died at 22:45 PM this evening. It's not done before the funeral, but I can't help but feel a bit relief in all the pain, that the 6 year long wait is over.

(Only just saw this) I am so sorry. How are arangments being made?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2014, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 30-11-2014 08:45 AM by unfogged.)
As of right now I have 666 'likes' but I just know some fool is going to come along and undo that.
Weeping

Edit: damn you SAM!!Argue
Knights who say NI!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
30-11-2014, 08:42 AM
(30-11-2014 04:00 AM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(28-11-2014 04:30 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  My grandmother, Reidun, died at 22:45 PM this evening. It's not done before the funeral, but I can't help but feel a bit relief in all the pain, that the 6 year long wait is over.

(Only just saw this) I am so sorry. How are arangments being made?

Funeral wil prolly be next weekend.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
02-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Can I PLEASE get a good night sleep?

C'mon! The last couple weeks have been dreadful for sleep! Tonight I was feeling pretty shit and took a nap to try to fix that. I was hoping to just sleep through the entire night, but nooo! I woke up around 10, still feeling like shite and very tired (why is it that naps make me tired, anyway?) and I have not been able to get back to the sleep I so strongly deserve.

I don't know if it's because of the nap, or the now-fading sick-feeling or that it's too hot in my room or whatever, but AUGH!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
02-12-2014, 11:20 AM
(02-12-2014 10:12 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Can I PLEASE get a good night sleep?

C'mon! The last couple weeks have been dreadful for sleep! Tonight I was feeling pretty shit and took a nap to try to fix that. I was hoping to just sleep through the entire night, but nooo! I woke up around 10, still feeling like shite and very tired (why is it that naps make me tired, anyway?) and I have not been able to get back to the sleep I so strongly deserve.

I don't know if it's because of the nap, or the now-fading sick-feeling or that it's too hot in my room or whatever, but AUGH!

cold air (66-68F), warm blankets is the only way I can sleep and it has to be really dark. (I turn the alarm clock around so the light doesnt shine toward me, black tape on the little lights for phone chargers, etc )

also, low iron can cause sleep disturbances, as well as too much alcohol or a snoring partner.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
02-12-2014, 02:58 PM
Woke up in the morning to the most ridiculous set of texts bashing my character. Appearently I can't live, can't adequately feel, can't love, and can't take care of my own problems.

Well, fuck you too, bitch.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
02-12-2014, 03:40 PM
Re: Ranting corner
Ok, it's fine I'm now in charge of doing paperwork for new hires. That's because no one else can do the freaking state and federal forms correctly. Seriously, how hard is an I-9?

That aside, today I realized I need a vacation before I start folding coworkers in half (hint: not forward) and tossing them into the trash. Oh, here's the catch: Literally no one in the place can do any part of my job. Like, none. Nada. Zip.

When I have to call out for something like a migraine, no accounts get processed. Meaning no money passes around for anything, anywhere.

So the earliest I can get one of my bosses ready to cover is March. There's something wrong when my bosses can't do my job. Their bosses can't, either.

Consider
02-12-2014, 03:42 PM
(02-12-2014 03:40 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Ok, it's fine I'm now in charge of doing paperwork for new hires. That's because no one else can do the freaking state and federal forms correctly. Seriously, how hard is an I-9?

That aside, today I realized I need a vacation before I start folding coworkers in half (hint: not forward) and tossing them into the trash. Oh, here's the catch: Literally no one in the place can do any part of my job. Like, none. Nada. Zip.

When I have to call out for something like a migraine, no accounts get processed. Meaning no money passes around for anything, anywhere.

So the earliest I can get one of my bosses ready to cover is March. There's something wrong when my bosses can't do my job. Their bosses can't, either.

Consider

it means you are essential and deserve a big fat raise in pay. and comp time. Thumbsup

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
03-12-2014, 02:57 PM
Re: RE: Ranting corner
(02-12-2014 03:42 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  it means you are essential and deserve a big fat raise in pay. and comp time. Thumbsup

I may deserve it, but I ain't gettin' it. Smile

Today I showed one of the bosses *one* thing. She had a hard time getting it, took 2 hours to explain what I normally do in 15 minutes. (Which is always an issue in training.) She asked how often do you do this?

Me: Every day.

How do you manage that?

Me: By not socializing and sticking to my office.

And how did you learn this stuff?

Me: *points to a bookshelf full of binders of procedures and policies.* Smile
04-12-2014, 10:17 AM
Mind = blown as to how many 'Christians' are ignorant of atheism, and what it actually means. No, all atheists aren't evil selfish little gremlins who live their lives in debauchery.

Heard the comment...''Christians who don't act like real Christians are really just atheists in disguise.''

I want to move to another planet.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post