Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-12-2014, 10:38 AM
RE: Ranting corner
More shopping...more stuff to do and only 21 days left to get everything done.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2014, 10:43 AM
(04-12-2014 10:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  More shopping...more stuff to do and only 21 days left to get everything done.

I really sympathize with you, now that I am about to be 18 I am thinking about doing the adult part of christmas (buying presents, setting everything out for the kids), and it gets me stressed just thinking about it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
04-12-2014, 10:46 AM
(04-12-2014 10:38 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  More shopping...more stuff to do and only 21 days left to get everything done.

Ah shit, don't remind me.

What with my chronic procrastination throttling into high gear, this is gonna be one humbug of a shitty shit xmas. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-12-2014, 11:03 AM
(04-12-2014 10:43 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  

I really sympathize with you, now that I am about to be 18 I am thinking about doing the adult part of christmas (buying presents, setting everything out for the kids), and it gets me stressed just thinking about it.

Yeah, and not to mention all the fund-raising that goes on during the holiday season. Right now I'm up to my ass in PTA stuff that I didn't plan on participating in -- seriously I thought I'd get another year off from it all.

The parent teacher organization is a national thing -- they're all under the Not for profit umbrella. So, a PTA person (the president of our school's association) says to me they want to do a fundraiser for families (they do this every year) they were thinking of selling hotdogs and hamburgers and wanted to know where to get the best price.

They contacted local supermarkets most who offered a 10% discount.

Seriously?! What the fuck? Which part of NOT FOR PROFIT do you not understand?????

YOU CAN GET THIS SHIT FOR FREE!!! You shouldn't have to pay a dime for any of it.

It's like they always think about it, for big stuff, the door prizes and crap like that. Most don't even ask for the IRS tax form. But yanno, they can get all the hamburger meat and hotdogs (buns and all the crap that goes with it) for free too.

You just have to tell them the PTO is not for profit and supply them with the IRS form and Tax ID number which is already on the fucking form...

So the president of the PTA says to me...well, if we get it all for free we can't charge for it...

Facepalm Facepalm

YES YOU CAN! They don't care what you do with it. And then all the proceeds go straight to the charity.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-12-2014, 05:00 PM
I wonder if I should make a lasagna? Consider

Ummmm nah, cbf.
05-12-2014, 05:07 PM
(04-12-2014 11:03 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-12-2014 10:43 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I really sympathize with you, now that I am about to be 18 I am thinking about doing the adult part of christmas (buying presents, setting everything out for the kids), and it gets me stressed just thinking about it.

Yeah, and not to mention all the fund-raising that goes on during the holiday season. Right now I'm up to my ass in PTA stuff that I didn't plan on participating in -- seriously I thought I'd get another year off from it all.

The parent teacher organization is a national thing -- they're all under the Not for profit umbrella. So, a PTA person (the president of our school's association) says to me they want to do a fundraiser for families (they do this every year) they were thinking of selling hotdogs and hamburgers and wanted to know where to get the best price.

They contacted local supermarkets most who offered a 10% discount.

Seriously?! What the fuck? Which part of NOT FOR PROFIT do you not understand?????

YOU CAN GET THIS SHIT FOR FREE!!! You shouldn't have to pay a dime for any of it.

It's like they always think about it, for big stuff, the door prizes and crap like that. Most don't even ask for the IRS tax form. But yanno, they can get all the hamburger meat and hotdogs (buns and all the crap that goes with it) for free too.

You just have to tell them the PTO is not for profit and supply them with the IRS form and Tax ID number which is already on the fucking form...

So the president of the PTA says to me...well, if we get it all for free we can't charge for it...

Facepalm Facepalm

YES YOU CAN! They don't care what you do with it. And then all the proceeds go straight to the charity.

I think I see a PTO presidency in your future! Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-12-2014, 05:25 PM
Re: Ranting corner
One of the new women at work has flirted with me nearly every day. Um...
05-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Goddamn it. Today I decided was the day I got rid of my facial hair (I was sporting quite a lot of it as I had forgone shaving for nearly two months), and when I got rid of it, I noticed I had a zit, which kinda blows.

I thought I WAS done with that shit, but I guess not. thank God its the weekend where I can just forget about it for a couple of days.

Oh, and apparently I am now responsible for my brother to make sure he doesn't get in trouble.... and HE is the older one.

Fuck me.

No, seriously, I need to get laid.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
06-12-2014, 06:26 AM
(05-12-2014 10:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  No, seriously, I need to get laid.

Yep.

That'll solve everything.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
06-12-2014, 06:54 AM
(05-12-2014 10:01 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  No, seriously, I need to get laid.

Not with zits on yer face Laughat

Zits never go away kid... nevar. Just gotta learn to pop em Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post