Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-12-2014, 06:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Time is money so I'll give you some general advice that I have used throughout my life (and I turned out alright).

We do what we think is best at the time with the information we have at the time, you shouldn't dwell on the past and what we can't change. It's better to keep moving forward.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
07-12-2014, 06:43 PM
(07-12-2014 05:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yiiiip I remember kanji. (I took Japanese in high school).
If you know the other alphabet it's not too bad though.

Good thing that I know both hiragana and katakana

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
08-12-2014, 07:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2014 07:42 PM by Lienda Bella.)
'turns off TV channel Comedy Central'

I am living in a bubble after all. The neighbors I had in Houston while living in an apartment had to have been holograms. There's no other way I could have seen the humanoid figures I had living next door. I sure have been deceived hard!

Granted, driving on the Matrix's I-10 at 30 MPH above the imaginary speed limit sign, eating a burrito, and drinking coffee is fun, but over all this game SUCKS!

I had no idea that ten year olds were getting their hands chopped off, that mothers were living in mud huts, that there is a witch hunt upon innocent childcharacters, an area where other mothers watch their starving babies die in their arms, where female characters are stoned to death for wearing blue on the "wrong day," where locusts eat all of the crops, where girls get their chests ironed, where kids get hunted as witches, where albino characters get their faces and necks stomped on, and a necklace made of string is considered a materialistic while the character and it's peers run around naked, worm infected and on route to a painful death.... on this matrix game's continent just like that OTHER one... where I thought such features were instead.

Matrix corp. needs to fix the game pronto, because it's not as fun as I want it to be! Here's a short list of, but not limited to things I want to see GONE from it's programing and what I want them replaced with.

Here's how Matrix and corp. should stop ruining the game!

-Stoning people -> -NOT stoning people!
-cutting off body parts by law or religion -> -NO mutilation due to law or religion!
-characters starving to death -> -Everyone will now be pretty without dying and having bone count!
-Busy hospitals with hurting children. -> -From now on, the game must only have kids with skinned knees and broken pinkies. Nothing worse than this!
-Sexism -> -NO sexism!
-A class system: upper, middle, low, poverty -> -equal independence
-acid on girl's faces -> -New Rule... Acid is for villains only!
-vandalism anywhere on the grid at random. -> -I like random, but not with this particular program! Remove it, please.
-Abrahamic Gods -> -WRITE BETTER LORE!
08-12-2014, 09:34 PM
God I am super anxious.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
08-12-2014, 10:04 PM
So I was chatting with co-workers I hadn't previously associated with (my work hours have changed so now my break coincides with some of day shifts.). Talking to one about small business and his small clothing business he has on the side, and video games with another. Ya'll would be proud of my social skills yesterday. It's like I'm growing as a human being or something... it's disgusting.

[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
08-12-2014, 10:51 PM
Paraphrasing a 70 year old by memory.

"Back then, you didn't see them working where our waitresses worked. I worked at (forgot where) utility in Texas. 'uses hand to form an imaginary image of a room' The green cabinet with files were over here. Velma and Tiffany were working over here, and I was working here. One day (Can't remember name exactly, so I'll call her Budgie.) Budgie came in for her job orientation. It was very busy! The phones were ringing so often that when I would put it down, I'd have to pick it right back up again. She sat down with her back turned to us, and hours ticked by. I expected one of the other two girls to do something with her, but they didn't. After a long time, I just couldn't stand it one more minute. How do you think she felt sitting there like that? 'cries literally' How do you think it felt for her?! 'snif' I got up and took her to the ticket box, and said "this is how you.. (can't remember the rest of the orientation description.)" ..... Velma and Tiffany then took care of the phones. I waited too long but still felt like I had done the right thing. If the rights protest didn't happen, I wouldn't have met (best friend's name not shared here) either. I remember what it was like!"

You don't hear about this kind of person, do you. You might not like my opinion here, but whatever. 'ehem' Imagine two little boys gave effort for the same result in a two person group art project, a third sat in the corner, and the forth got mad and caused trouble. Mhm.

Dear number two
Clap Thumbsup
Great job contributing with number one! Your work on this project did matter and was not for nothing. Please know that I refuse to believe number four when he sais that you're another number three and that you're lazy and stupid. The group project is lovely, and you two boys did an unforgettable job! Do continue on the next one, knowing that I value your creations, and remember that I consider you both valid!

Your critic
36 year old Miss Bella!
........ ........... .............
v.v
09-12-2014, 01:28 AM
(08-12-2014 10:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I was chatting with co-workers I hadn't previously associated with (my work hours have changed so now my break coincides with some of day shifts.). Talking to one about small business and his small clothing business he has on the side, and video games with another. Ya'll would be proud of my social skills yesterday. It's like I'm growing as a human being or something... it's disgusting.

It's probably just a phase.
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
09-12-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm sure you're right Pablo.

09-12-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm so pissed off right now!
09-12-2014, 04:20 PM
(09-12-2014 12:51 PM)Lienda Bella Wrote:  I'm so pissed off right now!

That time of month?