Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-12-2014, 07:40 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-12-2014 07:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Why yes! What a great plan. Decide to change payroll processing companies and all benefits but don't talk to HR/payroll/accounting department about any of it. Then fly off to get on a cruise ship for ten fucking days as we dance around trying to figure out answers to questions we didn't even know were coming. And please make sure that no one can sign bank documents for this change and plan for it to take effect immediately with no training for us, the employees, or managers.

When Christmas Eve rolls around and no one gets paid I hope you plan to provide us with body armor. 'Cause there's gonna be some pissed off people.

Hope you are on a boat where everyone gets a bad stomach virus. Dodgy

That's my life as a low-level manager for The Man. Death cannot come soon enough.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2014, 07:43 PM
(09-12-2014 07:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 07:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Why yes! What a great plan. Decide to change payroll processing companies and all benefits but don't talk to HR/payroll/accounting department about any of it. Then fly off to get on a cruise ship for ten fucking days as we dance around trying to figure out answers to questions we didn't even know were coming. And please make sure that no one can sign bank documents for this change and plan for it to take effect immediately with no training for us, the employees, or managers.

When Christmas Eve rolls around and no one gets paid I hope you plan to provide us with body armor. 'Cause there's gonna be some pissed off people.

Hope you are on a boat where everyone gets a bad stomach virus. Dodgy

That's my life as a low-level manager for The Man. Death cannot come soon enough.

I get an email tonight from the inept VP - We need a check first thing in the morning but I don't know the amount...and I need these papers signed...

Well, you sign the fuckers, I don't have the authority.

Thanks for that...I'll get right on it - I'll pick a number and print a check. Dolt. Dodgy

Some days I just hate people.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-12-2014, 08:21 PM
(09-12-2014 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 07:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's my life as a low-level manager for The Man. Death cannot come soon enough.

I get an email tonight from the inept VP - We need a check first thing in the morning but I don't know the amount...and I need these papers signed...

Thanks for that...I'll get right on it - I'll pick a number and print a check. Dolt. Dodgy

What really pisses me off is when some goober who ain't even a scientist sends me a tasker due at COB and when I look through the email chain dingleberry known about it for a month. Yeah, fuck your tasker. You ain't in my rating chain.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-12-2014, 08:33 PM
I have figured out the reason for being less 'Muffsy' lately.
It's work and stress. Oxytocin is a hormone in the brain that helps with social behavior. It makes more you empathetic and crave social interaction. The issue is that this hormone (yes, I really am giving a scientific explanation for my recent behavior) is produced during stress (among other things such as hugging people). So with my new job I am experiencing excess stress levels (I'm normally a very relaxed not giving a shit kinda guy) because they give us 2hours to do a 32page mailer ticket up and so my brain is producing this social hormone making me more social and carrying.

I think the obvious solution is simply just to have the gland that produces this hormones removed from my brain.
Problem solved.
09-12-2014, 08:42 PM
(09-12-2014 08:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-12-2014 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I get an email tonight from the inept VP - We need a check first thing in the morning but I don't know the amount...and I need these papers signed...

What really pisses me off is when some goober who ain't even a scientist sends me a tasker due at COB and when I look through the email chain dingleberry known about it for a month. Yeah, fuck your tasker. You ain't in my rating chain.

And since it's Christmas - why don't you learn a new payroll system, input all the payroll information, and train 230 people in the next week - oh, and do open enrollment too. Just the two of you.

It's a good thing I really like Sasha and can depend on her to pull her weight. She is also handy to have around for a major bitch session.

I gotta find her a nice gift. I don't think taking her out to lunch today was enough. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
09-12-2014, 08:53 PM
(09-12-2014 08:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think the obvious solution is simply just to have the gland that produces this hormones removed from my brain.
Problem solved.

I have a drill and a Dremel. Those might help.
09-12-2014, 09:17 PM
It's cool, I got a wire cloths hanger. I'll just go up through the nose.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
09-12-2014, 09:22 PM
So ahh... don't know if I start at 6 or 8 today.. that's exciting.
09-12-2014, 09:28 PM
(09-12-2014 08:33 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have figured out the reason for being less 'Muffsy' lately.
It's work and stress. Oxytocin is a hormone in the brain that helps with social behavior. It makes more you empathetic and crave social interaction. The issue is that this hormone (yes, I really am giving a scientific explanation for my recent behavior) is produced during stress (among other things such as hugging people). So with my new job I am experiencing excess stress levels (I'm normally a very relaxed not giving a shit kinda guy) because they give us 2hours to do a 32page mailer ticket up and so my brain is producing this social hormone making me more social and carrying.

I think the obvious solution is simply just to have the gland that produces this hormones removed from my brain.
Problem solved.

So what you're saying is that you ain't been bedded in a while and your balls are turning blue?

#sigh
09-12-2014, 09:30 PM
It's always about sex with you people...
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post