Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-12-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-12-2014 05:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Most people eat pie. Pie is enjoyable, pie can be a social activity and yet we do not talk about pie. Oh, and pie is food which is required to stay alive longer than 3 weeks so there's that too.

Funny you bring up pie, as food makes humans just as happy as sex does.

If that's true I'm doing something wrong.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2014, 11:23 PM
(11-12-2014 11:18 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  
(10-12-2014 05:14 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Funny you bring up pie, as food makes humans just as happy as sex does.

If that's true I'm doing something wrong.

With the food or the sex?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-12-2014, 11:24 PM
^Yes.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
[+] 1 user Likes Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue's post
11-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Best way to get pants to stretch out is to do squats in them, and kinda work your way down to a duck waddle. *You really need to be alone when you do this, it looks all kinda ridiculous.

If they're so tight you can't zip them standing up, lay back on the bed, and suck in taking a deep breath. Then progress to waddle.

This doesn't really apply to me anymore - this was more what I would do when I was a size two trying to squeeze into a zero in high school and college. Popping out a kid plus stress = nurse shouldn't be trying to squeeze into pants that tight, muffin tops are unattractive.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
11-12-2014, 11:50 PM
"Don't approach someone looking angry or intimidating, so that he reacts defensively." :/ Nice advice for the position in question, but easy for him to say. Some people can't help looking like, moving like, or sounding like someone's idea of angry.
12-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Its Christmas time, and that means another picture card from the family who adopted my sister. Another reminder that I am unable to touch or speak to those I really want to and care about.

Merry Christmas, Steven.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-12-2014, 03:56 PM
(12-12-2014 03:51 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its Christmas time, and that means another picture card from the family who adopted my sister. Another reminder that I am unable to touch or speak to those I really want to and care about.

Merry Christmas, Steven.
Hug
Is there a way you can actually go and see her? Surely the other family will be welcoming, especially this time of year.
Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
12-12-2014, 05:49 PM
(12-12-2014 03:56 PM)kim Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 03:51 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its Christmas time, and that means another picture card from the family who adopted my sister. Another reminder that I am unable to touch or speak to those I really want to and care about.

Merry Christmas, Steven.
Hug
Is there a way you can actually go and see her? Surely the other family will be welcoming, especially this time of year.
Heart
She lives in Louisiana, and even if her parents were (They are the ones that say I can't tell her I am her brother when I do get the rare chance to talk to her on the phone, just a "family friend."), my parents certainly wouldn't.

Just another thing to pursue when I am older.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Why do people insist on signing my name to Christmas cards without my permission?
12-12-2014, 07:02 PM
(12-12-2014 05:49 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(12-12-2014 03:56 PM)kim Wrote:  Hug
Heart
She lives in Louisiana, and even if her parents were (They are the ones that say I can't tell her I am her brother when I do get the rare chance to talk to her on the phone, just a "family friend."), my parents certainly wouldn't.

Just another thing to pursue when I am older.

Just tell her. How old is she anyway?
If you're her brother than she deserves to know.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post