Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-12-2014, 07:31 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-12-2014 07:38 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Far be it for me to go against her parents' wishes to have her raised as "one of their own." She wouldn't remember Russia, she was spared the luxury of knowing she came from a whole different family that didn't want her. If keeping her ignorant of that makes her feel more loved, who am I to ruin that shit for her. Just some 17 year old who SHE doesn't know and has only spoken to over the phone twice.

I know this is ranting corner and not personal support but... how about writing a letter explaining who you are, why she was adopted, and how you feel and giving it to her adoptive parents to pass along when they tell her? Or just keep it until an appropriate time. I know for me it helps sometimes just to get something that is nagging at me out on paper.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-12-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm so tired of being broke. My husband finally has a job interview on Tuesday after trying to get back into his department since early October - fuck you HR policy. Because he voluntarily quit his job for school, he doesn't qualify for unemployment despite us being sodomized by the financial aid office forcing his withdrawal.

I'm really tired of leaving my family for days at a time (today I'm leaving for five) for a job I hate so I can get a professional recommendation. It will be the holy grail of recommendations for CRNA school (only 20% of qualified applicants gain admittance), but I'm really questioning the personal sacrifice.

I wish I could go back in time and smack my old self. I changed my major from chemical engineering with a premed track to nursing because I never wanted to be an absent parent and put my future hold through what all of my friends who were doctors' kids went through - yet here I am missing holidays, birthdays, weddings, life, and for shit pay as an absent parent over 100 miles away from my family for the majority of each week.

American Dream my ass.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-12-2014, 02:08 PM
(13-12-2014 07:31 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm so tired of being broke. My husband finally has a job interview on Tuesday after trying to get back into his department since early October - fuck you HR policy. Because he voluntarily quit his job for school, he doesn't qualify for unemployment despite us being sodomized by the financial aid office forcing his withdrawal.

I'm really tired of leaving my family for days at a time (today I'm leaving for five) for a job I hate so I can get a professional recommendation. It will be the holy grail of recommendations for CRNA school (only 20% of qualified applicants gain admittance), but I'm really questioning the personal sacrifice.

I wish I could go back in time and smack my old self. I changed my major from chemical engineering with a premed track to nursing because I never wanted to be an absent parent and put my future hold through what all of my friends who were doctors' kids went through - yet here I am missing holidays, birthdays, weddings, life, and for shit pay as an absent parent over 100 miles away from my family for the majority of each week.

American Dream my ass.

Hug Sorry Nurse.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-12-2014, 02:31 PM
(13-12-2014 07:31 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm so tired of being broke. My husband finally has a job interview on Tuesday after trying to get back into his department since early October - fuck you HR policy. Because he voluntarily quit his job for school, he doesn't qualify for unemployment despite us being sodomized by the financial aid office forcing his withdrawal.

American Dream my ass.

I wish you the best がんばってね, I would hug you but I am afraid to give hugs.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Wonders of wonders husband allowed me to put up the fake tree, it already has lights on it.

The problem is I had to put it together. Also, since he refuses to have anything to do with it, he left it to me to drag the box inside.

It comes in three parts and one strand of lights seems to have issues. It's not one of the parts that plug into another. I suspect this will be the last year we'll be using it. I put an ornament in the area all the tippy top lights went out, took the ornament off and they came back on.

It looks stupid and it's making me regret complaining about watering and dropping needles.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-12-2014, 03:12 PM
(13-12-2014 03:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wonders of wonders husband allowed me to put up the fake tree, it already has lights on it.

The problem is I had to put it together. Also, since he refuses to have anything to do with it, he left it to me to drag the box inside.

It comes in three parts and one strand of lights seems to have issues. It's not one of the parts that plug into another. I suspect this will be the last year we'll be using it. I put an ornament in the area all the tippy top lights went out, took the ornament off and they came back on.

It looks stupid and it's making me regret complaining about watering and dropping needles.

Allowed?

Whut?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
13-12-2014, 04:41 PM
(13-12-2014 02:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  ---- I would hug you but I am afraid to give hugs.

Whaswrong... do you fear cooties? Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
13-12-2014, 05:00 PM

American Dream my ass.

Just sell meth.

[Image: oscar.png]
13-12-2014, 05:01 PM
(13-12-2014 04:41 PM)kim Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 02:31 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  ---- I would hug you but I am afraid to give hugs.

Whaswrong... do you fear cooties? Drinking Beverage

Nah, I just feel hugging is weird. Besides how can I fear something I have.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-12-2014, 05:07 PM
(13-12-2014 05:01 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 04:41 PM)kim Wrote:  Whaswrong... do you fear cooties? Drinking Beverage

Nah, I just feel hugging is weird. Besides how can I fear something I have.

If I had ebola I would fear ebola.

I don't have ebola, FYI.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post