Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-12-2014, 05:56 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-12-2014 05:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 04:45 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Update: Turns out I am not paying for it (which was not what my brother told me). So I personally don't care how shit of a car my parents decided to waste their money on!

They know I am displeased with the model in general, as I refered to it as a piece of shit. I tried to find comprehensive crash test ratings for it, my search-fu must have been low, or I dun fucked up.

The car I suggested, a 2011 Chevy Cruze (my Dad said the 540i was 7,500) was around the same price (I'm not sure if that 7,500 was after tax or anything like that). Has a good safety rating and KILLS the 540i in the MPG race.

But hey, I'm not paying for it, so I am not the one getting gyped. It still boggles the mind why they refused to even LOOK at the Cruze though.

They thought I would be happy with just Bluetooth, I guess.

So if you're not paying for it are you going to get a car of your own (because as Anj said, sharing it with your brother is a beyond stupid idea(paraphrasing a little)) because you should get a motorbike. Big Grin The MPG is fantastic, there's only 1 seat so you wont get "drive your brother too.." and your brother wont have his motorbike licence so wont be able to ride it so it will be all yours (where as if you got a car and your brothers was in the shop he'd probably want to borrow yours).
It's a win-win-win-win-win.

Ummm, no.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-12-2014, 06:01 PM
You're not gonna die...

[Image: oscar.png]
14-12-2014, 06:03 PM
(14-12-2014 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're not gonna die...

Nah bro, I just don't like motorbikes.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
14-12-2014, 06:07 PM
(14-12-2014 06:03 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 06:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You're not gonna die...

Nah bro, I just don't like motorbikes.

Yet you like chevy cruze, possibly the ugliest car known to man?
This is why you lost the Cold War.

I just.. I just can't even right now.. I'm going to get some lunch so I don't have to listen to this blasphemy.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-12-2014, 06:22 PM
(14-12-2014 06:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 06:03 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Nah bro, I just don't like motorbikes.

Yet you like chevy cruze, possibly the ugliest car known to man?
This is why you lost the Cold War.

I just.. I just can't even right now.. I'm going to get some lunch so I don't have to listen to this blasphemy.

He lives in the freakin' north central U.S. A motorbike is transportation for maybe 6 months of the year.
Ever tried riding through several inches of snow at -20° with a 40kph wind?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2014, 07:45 PM
fucking shithole school. i wanna go home. [Image: tumblr_m8uqvbqfqo1rzro4qo1_250.gif]

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
14-12-2014, 08:00 PM
A friend from college started a GoFundMe campaign today. He and his wife are both in wheel chairs, and they're raising cash for the modifications they'll need to make a new vehicle accessible for them.

The campaign has been shared 81 times.
It's received 3 donations. Dodgy

Here's a crazy idea, what if everyone who shared this on Facebook and Twitter asking others to help out their friend opened their own wallets too? It just seems a little tacky to try to get others to support a cause you won't support yourself.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 4 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
14-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Santa will be putting tampons in someone's stocking this year and it isn't me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-12-2014, 08:44 PM
(14-12-2014 04:45 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Update: Turns out I am not paying for it (which was not what my brother told me). So I personally don't care how shit of a car my parents decided to waste their money on!

They know I am displeased with the model in general, as I refered to it as a piece of shit. I tried to find comprehensive crash test ratings for it, my search-fu must have been low, or I dun fucked up.

The car I suggested, a 2011 Chevy Cruze (my Dad said the 540i was 7,500) was around the same price (I'm not sure if that 7,500 was after tax or anything like that). Has a good safety rating and KILLS the 540i in the MPG race.

But hey, I'm not paying for it, so I am not the one getting gyped. It still boggles the mind why they refused to even LOOK at the Cruze though.

They thought I would be happy with just Bluetooth, I guess.

My husband bought a Cruze a couple years ago because the gas savings were supposed to be so great - they really weren't. And that was the most uncomfortable damn car to ride in. He wasn't too upset when I told him to get rid of the damn thing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
14-12-2014, 08:48 PM
(14-12-2014 08:40 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Santa will be putting tampons in someone's stocking this year and it isn't me.

Maybe you'll get a nice remote controlled thermostat from Santa. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post