Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-12-2014, 03:01 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Walk in the door after spending an extra week at my father's waiting for an order (still being processed it seems), first thing out of my mother's mouth: "You couldn't wait until tomorrow?" For context, I had texted my mother to pick me up from my father's house, but no; for whatever reason she said she couldn't get me tonight and it had to wait 'til tomorrow. (Probably because she already had a drink by the time, and/or she just can't be arsed to do it.) As such I arranged alternative transportation.

Anybody who has paid remotely the slightest attention to me knows that I rarely, if ever, actually make requests and when I do they are universally hesitant and when I do ask for something, there is usually a reason behind it. Of course, that would require my mother to have had been pay attention to me over the last couple of years, so I can understand why she hasn't quite picked up on that trend; it is a lot to ask of a person to pay attention and pick up on such obvious characteristics, is it not?

I must admit that such a greeting did take me aback somewhat. But that is of course a disgustingly selfish sort of reaction, isn't it? I mean, how dare I ever deign to even think of being in my alternative residence! And on-time with my previously laid, and agreed upon plans no less, how presumptuous of me! I should be honoured that I was noticed at all, after my ever so petulant intrusion. I should have known that my presence was unwarranted and that my organising alternate transportation more in-line with my own desires (and so as to save her the trip tomorrow) was so out of line.

Naturally, I rapidly retreated to my domicile within the house to be out of the way and unpacked as normal. I went to the toilet as to relieve my beleaguered bladder, only to be greeted by a toilet full of toilet paper, piss and shit-stains, accompanied by a seat also covered liberally in urine. As such I spent the next ten minute cleaning up. Again.

Such a wonderful first 15 minutes at "home" I've had.

You know, I've often been the butt of many jokes about my non-social nature; that I'd end up living alone as a hermit. At least were that to be the case I wouldn't have to put up with the noisy, disgusting, filthy humans that I must deal with now.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2014, 09:33 AM
Your sarcasm pleases me.
Though you could have forgone a few of the more detailed elements towards the end there...
15-12-2014, 09:34 AM
(14-12-2014 06:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-12-2014 06:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yet you like chevy cruze, possibly the ugliest car known to man?
This is why you lost the Cold War.

I just.. I just can't even right now.. I'm going to get some lunch so I don't have to listen to this blasphemy.

He lives in the freakin' north central U.S. A motorbike is transportation for maybe 6 months of the year.
Ever tried riding through several inches of snow at -20° with a 40kph wind?

Fair call.
15-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Why do so many rational people live in irrational places? Wtf? Any place that reaches -20degrees should be considered uninhabitable.

Alabama would be such a better place with some transplant Northerners and Canadians. Last winter was the first time I ever experienced single digits, I think before that I only experienced maybe 15 or 16 degrees in February.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
15-12-2014, 10:20 AM
(15-12-2014 10:14 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Why do so many rational people live in irrational places? Wtf? Any place that reaches -20degrees should be considered uninhabitable.

Alabama would be such a better place with some transplant Northerners and Canadians. Last winter was the first time I ever experienced single digits, I think before that I only experienced maybe 15 or 16 degrees in February.

Yabut, y'all get 100°+ days with high humidity. The average summer temperature there is in the freakin' 90s. I call that uninhabitable. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
15-12-2014, 02:01 PM
I just thought of something. What if there was this couple who got persecuted in the country they lived in, they went through real hell physically or otherwise, and then they come over here to Merica Hobo and then get this?

"You owe me a better flavor, you hatemonger! 'flings coffee at the employee' And who do you think you are saying it in that tone with a glare in your eyes!? You're a horrible person and a problem to this country! I'm filing a complaint!"

Not very appealing.
15-12-2014, 04:22 PM
Dear Christ Facepalm

My boss has started acting like the pointy haired boss from Dilbert Sad Mottos... Mission statements Weeping "We strive to deliver quality data". Of course we fucking do. It says so in the mission statement. What the fuck would you expect in a mission statement? "We strive to fuck you for money as hard as we possibly can"???

God. I hope he never gets his hands on a management textbook. He might try to motivate me Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
15-12-2014, 05:01 PM
(15-12-2014 04:22 PM)morondog Wrote:  Dear Christ Facepalm

My boss has started acting like the pointy haired boss from Dilbert Sad Mottos... Mission statements Weeping "We strive to deliver quality data". Of course we fucking do. It says so in the mission statement. What the fuck would you expect in a mission statement? "We strive to fuck you for money as hard as we possibly can"???

God. I hope he never gets his hands on a management textbook. He might try to motivate me Dodgy

Using Tomorrow's Technology. That is our company motto, yet we are at least 2 years behind most other firms when it comes to tech. Yes, it costs money. But if you can't keep up...

The second mouse gets the cheese.
15-12-2014, 05:02 PM
(15-12-2014 05:01 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Using Tomorrow's Technology. That is our company motto, yet we are at least 2 years behind most other firms when it comes to tech. Yes, it costs money. But if you can't keep up...

It's real future tech if in the future we get bombed back to the stone age... so there's that.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
15-12-2014, 05:06 PM
(15-12-2014 05:01 PM)The Drake Wrote:  Using Tomorrow's Technology. That is our company motto, yet we are at least 2 years behind most other firms when it comes to tech. Yes, it costs money. But if you can't keep up...

The full motto is "Using Tomorrow's Technology... Eventually", they just didn't have room on the banner for the whole thing.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post