Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-12-2014, 11:03 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-12-2014 10:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nobody at work ate my brownies. Didn't even take the cling wrap off the dish. I even asked everyone if they would please try them so I could get some feed back but nope. I actually tried this time. I went out, I spent $20 (a decent amount of money for me) on ingredients (because they don't sell "1 cup of flour"), I brought it all back, found a recipe and actually baked something for the first time in my life specifically for these people and they wouldn't even take the cling wrap off... I don't care if they were horrible, I just wanted people to try them ya know. I don't fit in there, I guess I thought I might be able to bridge the gap via god awful brownies.

This is basically the saddest thing I have ever read. Like, I'm actually really depressed. I would've tried your god awful brownies, muffs, poisoned or not.

Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
17-12-2014, 11:21 AM
Okay, so, after a long week of dramatic events, my life has begun to calm down. But obviously, I can't even go a little period of time without something stressful coming up.

1.) I failed my driving test. :-)

However, I know exactly what I did wrong and it's easily fixable. As I was pulling out of my parking spot to being the test, there was a car behind me. He was a good distance behind me, so even if he would've continued to drive straight, I would've been able to pull out of my space and he would have enough time to yield and all that jazz. He actually had his blinker on, so I assumed he was turning and pulled out anyways, and my instructor failed me for that. But my instructor told me many people fail their first try because they don't know what to expect, and that it's a one shot per day thing, so I'm just going to go back today and hope I don't screw up again. I don't handle disappointment very well.

2.) Lately, my dad has been feeling restless because he pays child support to my mom for both my sister and I. The child support for me stops when I have my birthday in a couple of months though. My dad doesn't like the fact that he's paying money that should be for me, and I don't even live with my mom so it isn't benefiting me in any manner. I told my dad that my mom kind of depends on that money but he didn't really care. It just didn't sit well with him, so my dad called my mom and said "Look, you can either willing give ___ this amount of money per month or I can take you to court." My mom was hesitant and angry, and she complied, but not without spouting all sorts of shit like I pop pills and sleep with old dudes for money.

Like? What the fuck? Blink
17-12-2014, 11:24 AM
(17-12-2014 10:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nobody at work ate my brownies. Didn't even take the cling wrap off the dish. I even asked everyone if they would please try them so I could get some feed back but nope. I actually tried this time. I went out, I spent $20 (a decent amount of money for me) on ingredients (because they don't sell "1 cup of flour"), I brought it all back, found a recipe and actually baked something for the first time in my life specifically for these people and they wouldn't even take the cling wrap off... I don't care if they were horrible, I just wanted people to try them ya know. I don't fit in there, I guess I thought I might be able to bridge the gap via god awful brownies.

Oh I'm sorry. That's just wrong.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-12-2014, 11:27 AM
I'm 48, I've yet to eat a horrible brownie.
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
17-12-2014, 11:38 AM
(17-12-2014 11:21 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Okay, so, after a long week of dramatic events, my life has begun to calm down. But obviously, I can't even go a little period of time without something stressful coming up.

1.) I failed my driving test. :-)

However, I know exactly what I did wrong and it's easily fixable. As I was pulling out of my parking spot to being the test, there was a car behind me. He was a good distance behind me, so even if he would've continued to drive straight, I would've been able to pull out of my space and he would have enough time to yield and all that jazz. He actually had his blinker on, so I assumed he was turning and pulled out anyways, and my instructor failed me for that. But my instructor told me many people fail their first try because they don't know what to expect, and that it's a one shot per day thing, so I'm just going to go back today and hope I don't screw up again. I don't handle disappointment very well.

2.) Lately, my dad has been feeling restless because he pays child support to my mom for both my sister and I. The child support for me stops when I have my birthday in a couple of months though. My dad doesn't like the fact that he's paying money that should be for me, and I don't even live with my mom so it isn't benefiting me in any manner. I told my dad that my mom kind of depends on that money but he didn't really care. It just didn't sit well with him, so my dad called my mom and said "Look, you can either willing give ___ this amount of money per month or I can take you to court." My mom was hesitant and angry, and she complied, but not without spouting all sorts of shit like I pop pills and sleep with old dudes for money.

Good luck next time. Smile

As far as the child support issue, you're (thankfully) out of the house. Don't blame your dad at all, but it really doesn't have anything to do with you anymore.

Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-12-2014, 12:58 PM

Awwwww I'm sorry, muffs.... I woulda eaten your brownies Sadcryface

I know that feels though. I once made a delicious Heath fudge for my coworkers. I was near the break room, and heard someone say "ewww who the fuck made this? Looks disgusting!" They hadn't even tried it, just didn't like the way it looked. Seriously it was chocolate, butterscotch, Heath chips, and sweet and condensed milk. Nothing gross looking about it at all Undecided

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
17-12-2014, 03:08 PM
(17-12-2014 11:21 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  1.) I failed my driving test. :-)

Hah. I pranged the car in the parking lot doing a reverse for my test Tongue So ja, a lot of people fail their first time Big Grin

Quote:2.) Lately, my dad has been feeling restless because he pays child support to my mom for both my sister and I. The child support for me stops when I have my birthday in a couple of months though. My dad doesn't like the fact that he's paying money that should be for me, and I don't even live with my mom so it isn't benefiting me in any manner. I told my dad that my mom kind of depends on that money but he didn't really care. It just didn't sit well with him, so my dad called my mom and said "Look, you can either willing give ___ this amount of money per month or I can take you to court." My mom was hesitant and angry, and she complied, but not without spouting all sorts of shit like I pop pills and sleep with old dudes for money.

Eish Undecided Sorry Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-12-2014, 04:19 PM
(17-12-2014 11:21 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  2.) Lately, my dad has been feeling restless because he pays child support to my mom for both my sister and I. The child support for me stops when I have my birthday in a couple of months though. My dad doesn't like the fact that he's paying money that should be for me, and I don't even live with my mom so it isn't benefiting me in any manner. I told my dad that my mom kind of depends on that money but he didn't really care. It just didn't sit well with him, so my dad called my mom and said "Look, you can either willing give ___ this amount of money per month or I can take you to court." My mom was hesitant and angry, and she complied, but not without spouting all sorts of shit like I pop pills and sleep with old dudes for money.

I question why such a person is not tied up and under psychological observation...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
17-12-2014, 05:08 PM
Re: Ranting corner
The fuck is wrong with people? I feel for earmuffs; he made an effort and they were mean. Smercury44 got that comment when she made an effort.

That saddens me. Seriously.
[+] 4 users Like Clockwork's post
17-12-2014, 05:22 PM
(17-12-2014 12:58 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  

Awwwww I'm sorry, muffs.... I woulda eaten your brownies Sadcryface

I know that feels though. I once made a delicious Heath fudge for my coworkers. I was near the break room, and heard someone say "ewww who the fuck made this? Looks disgusting!" They hadn't even tried it, just didn't like the way it looked. Seriously it was chocolate, butterscotch, Heath chips, and sweet and condensed milk. Nothing gross looking about it at all Undecided

Blink What the hell?