Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-12-2014, 05:40 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I hate the USPS.

I bought a Christmas present for my wife; a used laptop so she wouldn't keep stealing mine. It was supposed to deliver a week ago but they didn't. According to the tracking info there was "no safe location" which I took to mean "it was raining and I didn't want to get out of my truck". I was home all day, nobody knocked on my door. They were supposed to leave instructions my mail box telling me what to do next...no surprise they didn't do that either. I try to schedule a redelivery on the USPS website, but like most .gov website, it's fucking useless. I managed to get a redelivery for the next day, only it was two day later now, and it didn't seem possible to schedule it for any other day. For whatever reason USPS has given upon delivering my package and they seem to be waiting for me to make the next move.

Fine. So today I go to the head post office for my city to pick up my package. I talk to a lady who takes my information, comes back, no package. She checks the tracking information and tells me what I already know; no safe location, see attached instructions, blah blah. So she can't tell me where my package is, and she can't tell me what to do next either because that was supposed to be left as instructions in my mail box. Great. She takes my name and phone number and tells me I will get a call "at some point". Whenever that is... who knows.

I have been living at my current address for about six months and this is the third time I have had problems with USPS. One time they delivered a package to my neighbors house about a quarter mile down the road. They were kind enough to bring it to our door.Another time they delivered very expensive cat food to someone on a completely different street. We had to file a complain, they launched an investigation, gave us a very stern warning about defrauding the government (wtf you fucked up?), and now we have to sign for every package for the next two years; punishment for using their service and having the ordacity to complain about it.

I am going to give them two days to give me a phone call, and then I am going to go back to the post office and raise hell. I don't think it will do any good, government service and all, but it might make me feel better. I learned my lesson though. My wife and my room mate have their packages delivered to their parents house. I am thinking I should start doing the same - and while I am at, go libertarian. Why the hell is the government trying to play at running a delivery service anyway!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2014, 06:14 PM
(17-12-2014 05:40 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I hate the USPS.

I bought a Christmas present for my wife; a used laptop so she wouldn't keep stealing mine. It was supposed to deliver a week ago but they didn't. According to the tracking info there was "no safe location" which I took to mean "it was raining and I didn't want to get out of my truck". I was home all day, nobody knocked on my door. They were supposed to leave instructions my mail box telling me what to do next...no surprise they didn't do that either. I try to schedule a redelivery on the USPS website, but like most .gov website, it's fucking useless. I managed to get a redelivery for the next day, only it was two day later now, and it didn't seem possible to schedule it for any other day. For whatever reason USPS has given upon delivering my package and they seem to be waiting for me to make the next move.

Fine. So today I go to the head post office for my city to pick up my package. I talk to a lady who takes my information, comes back, no package. She checks the tracking information and tells me what I already know; no safe location, see attached instructions, blah blah. So she can't tell me where my package is, and she can't tell me what to do next either because that was supposed to be left as instructions in my mail box. Great. She takes my name and phone number and tells me I will get a call "at some point". Whenever that is... who knows.

I have been living at my current address for about six months and this is the third time I have had problems with USPS. One time they delivered a package to my neighbors house about a quarter mile down the road. They were kind enough to bring it to our door.Another time they delivered very expensive cat food to someone on a completely different street. We had to file a complain, they launched an investigation, gave us a very stern warning about defrauding the government (wtf you fucked up?), and now we have to sign for every package for the next two years; punishment for using their service and having the ordacity to complain about it.

I am going to give them two days to give me a phone call, and then I am going to go back to the post office and raise hell. I don't think it will do any good, government service and all, but it might make me feel better. I learned my lesson though. My wife and my room mate have their packages delivered to their parents house. I am thinking I should start doing the same - and while I am at, go libertarian. Why the hell is the government trying to play at running a delivery service anyway!

Omg that's stupid that you have to jump through so many hoops.

And that whole signing for each package, oh I'd be livid.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-12-2014, 06:37 PM
(17-12-2014 11:21 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Okay, so, after a long week of dramatic events, my life has begun to calm down. But obviously, I can't even go a little period of time without something stressful coming up.

1.) I failed my driving test. :-)

However, I know exactly what I did wrong and it's easily fixable. As I was pulling out of my parking spot to being the test, there was a car behind me. He was a good distance behind me, so even if he would've continued to drive straight, I would've been able to pull out of my space and he would have enough time to yield and all that jazz. He actually had his blinker on, so I assumed he was turning and pulled out anyways, and my instructor failed me for that. But my instructor told me many people fail their first try because they don't know what to expect, and that it's a one shot per day thing, so I'm just going to go back today and hope I don't screw up again. I don't handle disappointment very well.

2.) Lately, my dad has been feeling restless because he pays child support to my mom for both my sister and I. The child support for me stops when I have my birthday in a couple of months though. My dad doesn't like the fact that he's paying money that should be for me, and I don't even live with my mom so it isn't benefiting me in any manner. I told my dad that my mom kind of depends on that money but he didn't really care. It just didn't sit well with him, so my dad called my mom and said "Look, you can either willing give ___ this amount of money per month or I can take you to court." My mom was hesitant and angry, and she complied, but not without spouting all sorts of shit like I pop pills and sleep with old dudes for money.

Like? What the fuck? Blink

1 - You'll get it. It was probably nerves more than anything. My son pulled out of the parking lot at the DMV and drove through the first stop sign; right on the corner. Instant fail. But he passed the next day.

2 - I am so happy to hear that your dad is more involved with your life. It's still not your job to try to take care of your mother - let him help you and let him help stop her from using you for income. As for her nasty comments - move toward people that are trying to help you. Your mom isn't your responsibility and now that your dad is seeing more of how she behaves he may be able to intervene for the good of your sister.

You are going to be fine Ferdi - keep moving your mind out of that place where you were trapped and used for so long. Heart

Our little Ferdi is growing up! Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-12-2014, 06:45 PM
(17-12-2014 05:40 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  I hate the USPS.

An alternate delivery place is the perfect way to go. I send packages to my daughter and her kids in SC to the kids' babysitter's house. She is always home. For anything that I want to really track for myself, I have it sent to my work address.

About a year ago my husband was waiting on a rather large check for short-term after a back injury...it went to a neighbor...thankfully an honest one. And we got our next door neighbor's new debit cards. We have been in this house eight years - the neighbors had been in their houses about 5 and 3 years. The one was a lady who lives alone - obviously a 'Michael'. Dodgy

Of course the stellar service means that stamp prices will continue go up - I would say like the price of gasoline but that price actually goes down now and then.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
17-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Took my medication for a migraine and curled up and went to sleep on the couch. Woke up at 6:30 and couldn't tell if it was am or pm thanks to the time of year and it being dark. I was totally scrambled for a bit trying to figure out if I needed to get ready for work or if the evening was just beginning. I'm still a bit confused.

UGH!

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
17-12-2014, 07:39 PM
We're on the road and stopped for the night. Went across the street to get Chinese food. We were both commenting how good it tasted when all of a sudden my wife runs into the bathroom and throws it all up! Violent heaving. She seems OK now but fuck that was worrisome.

Called the restaurant to tell them and they could only repeat how that had never happened before. I told them they needed to check their kitchen and left it at that. The only other thing I can think that may have caused it was an allergic reaction to I don't know what. I had a different dish and no ill effects so far.

Traveling has really lost its luster.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-12-2014, 04:02 AM
My husband is such a party pooper sometimes. My work party was last night at a swanky country club one block from the house I stay at when I'm working - and I didn't get to go. The surgeons provided an open bar and hors d'oeuvres. Is it so much to ask to be wined and dined?! I clean up really well:

[Image: image_zpsd8e3d0fd.jpg]

Jesus fucking Christ. Is it so much to ask to go out for once?! Granted, this was a work party, but come on, free booze.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 10 users Like Nurse's post
18-12-2014, 04:41 AM
(18-12-2014 04:02 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My husband is such a party pooper sometimes. My work party was last night at a swanky country club one block from the house I stay at when I'm working - and I didn't get to go. The surgeons provided an open bar and hors d'oeuvres. Is it so much to ask to be wined and dined?! I clean up really well:

Jesus fucking Christ. Is it so much to ask to go out for once?! Granted, this was a work party, but come on, free booze.

[Image: MoreBloom.png]

... I had to.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-12-2014, 04:54 AM
(18-12-2014 04:41 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 04:02 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My husband is such a party pooper sometimes. My work party was last night at a swanky country club one block from the house I stay at when I'm working - and I didn't get to go. The surgeons provided an open bar and hors d'oeuvres. Is it so much to ask to be wined and dined?! I clean up really well:

[Image: MoreBloom.png]

... I had to.

Blush When you are as fair complected as I am with dark hair and wearing black - ya gotta tinker with the pictures to adjust the wash out. I get red eyes in like 95% of my pics. Solid white with red eyes makes me look like a vampire. Sad

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
18-12-2014, 04:57 AM

I don't understand... couldn't you just leave the old stick in the mud behind?

If you don't want to go out alone, I'm sure there are plenty of others who would be willing to step up. Thumbsup

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson