Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-12-2014, 05:27 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 05:53 AM by Nurse.)
RE: Ranting corner
(18-12-2014 04:57 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 04:02 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My husband is such a party pooper sometimes. My work party was last night at a swanky country club one block from the house I stay at when I'm working - and I didn't get to go. The surgeons provided an open bar and hors d'oeuvres. Is it so much to ask to be wined and dined?! I clean up really well:

[Image: image_zpsd8e3d0fd.jpg]

Jesus fucking Christ. Is it so much to ask to go out for once?! Granted, this was a work party, but come on, free booze.

I don't understand... couldn't you just leave the old stick in the mud behind?

If you don't want to go out alone, I'm sure there are plenty of others who would be willing to step up. Thumbsup

Because going alone is no fun when you're married. It'd be one thing if all my coworkers were married or gay, but with a marriage on the rocks, loads of stress, and some very attractive single male specimens, I don't need to combine alcohol with that environment - I don't want to do something I would regret.

I wanted to dress up, be told I look beautiful, and go dancing barefoot because my fabulous shoes hurt my feet too much to wear all night. But no. I drove home instead of him coming to meet me, and now I have on exercise pants and a sweatshirt while sitting in the dark and the family is sleeping. No way I'm dressing up for just myself.

Ok. I'm done whining.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
18-12-2014, 05:52 AM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 05:56 AM by Full Circle.)
(18-12-2014 05:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 04:57 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I don't understand... couldn't you just leave the old stick in the mud behind?

If you don't want to go out alone, I'm sure there are plenty of others who would be willing to step up. Thumbsup

Because going alone is no fun when you're married. It'd be one thing if all my coworkers were married or gay, but with a marriage on the rocks, loads of stress, and some very attractive single male specimens, I don't need to combine alcohol with that environment - I don't want to do something I would regret.

I wanted to dress up, be told I look beautiful, and go dancing barefoot because my fabulous shoes hurt my feet too long to wear all night. But no. I drove home instead of him coming to meet me, and now I have on exercise pants and a sweatshirt while sitting in the dark and the family is sleeping. No way I'm dressing up for just myself.

Ok. I'm done whining.

I can imagine you looking fabulous. Blush
Edit: Whoa, I missed the spoiler, I don't have to imagine anything! You do look fabulous!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
18-12-2014, 06:25 AM
(18-12-2014 05:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 04:57 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I don't understand... couldn't you just leave the old stick in the mud behind?

I wanted to dress up, be told I look beautiful, and go dancing barefoot because my fabulous shoes hurt my feet too much to wear all night. But no. I drove home instead of him coming to meet me, and now I have on exercise pants and a sweatshirt while sitting in the dark and the family is sleeping. No way I'm dressing up for just myself.

Ok. I'm done whining.

Here's the way I see it. If you gave him the option to go and he declined, then that frees you from obligation. Otherwise you're in a situation where he's not going to have fun with you and you're not allowed to have any fun your own which leaves you stuck at home in sweatpants.

If he's OK with you attending an event featuring alcohol and attractive male specimens without him, then whatever happens is on him - you're off the hook.

I don't advocate cheating, but if you have a conversation and explain the situation then it's all above board and he has the opportunity to either step up or step aside.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
18-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Snow!

18-12-2014, 02:39 PM
(18-12-2014 02:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Snow!

Angry

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
18-12-2014, 04:01 PM
(18-12-2014 02:39 PM)kim Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 02:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Snow!

Angry

No

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-12-2014, 05:12 PM
If I'm not scheduled to work, I love the snow! Probably because it's so rare. Last winter, my husband, brother and I got lit and walked to my aunt's house (same neighborhood) and used most of the snow of her front yard to make a 6 foot tall snowman. My uncle is homophobic, and we put a rainbow wig and traffic cone on his head, a purple scarf, and carrot for a dick on him and called it Pat. We didn't get enough to go sledding, though. I haven't experienced enough for sledding since I was ten.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
18-12-2014, 05:14 PM
(18-12-2014 05:12 PM)Nurse Wrote:  If I'm not scheduled to work, I love the snow! Probably because it's so rare. Last winter, my husband, brother and I got lit and walked to my aunt's house (same neighborhood) and used most of the snow of her front yard to make a 6 foot tall snowman. My uncle is homophobic, and we put a rainbow wig and traffic cone on his head, a purple scarf, and carrot for a dick on him and called it Pat. We didn't get enough to go sledding, though. I haven't experienced enough for sledding since I was ten.

Heeeere's Pat! :
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
18-12-2014, 06:47 PM
Quote:You have already given as many reputation ratings as you are allowed to for today.

when I get in the mood to give out reps, I don't like limitsAngry

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 6 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
18-12-2014, 09:06 PM
Note to self - stir soup up really well after microwaving.

First spoonful seemed perhaps a bit not warm enough. Second spoonful welded my tongue to the roof of my mouth. Sad

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post