Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-12-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-12-2014 01:08 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
(13-12-2014 05:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He hates the artificial tree and really prefers a live one.

He rules the roost -- so pretty much what he says goes.

That surprises me. You seem a strong woman who'd not be "ruled".

(Hug)

Oh no hugs needed. He's a good guy (basically) he likes things the way he likes them.

What can I say? It takes a very strong person to submit/surrender to another. Not to mention its kinda intoxicating.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-12-2014, 01:24 PM
(21-12-2014 01:05 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(21-12-2014 12:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why does everything come down to the last three days?

Oh yeah, it's because there's soooo much that has to be put off until the last minute.

Like the cleaning...

Crap....the guestroom bed is covered in crap.

It's like we share a life. I don't know if I'll get everything done. Guest room included... Sadcryface

Thanks and yeah, I know my kids are older, but they're boys. Smile

If I took the time to thoroughly scrub their bathroom (yes, I know they are old enough to do it themselves but they do a shit job) it will just look like it wasn't cleaned and I'd have to do it all again (and totally bitching up a storm).

The guest room bed has become a landing spot for wayward laundry, household odds and ends....Also, it needs a good airing out and dusting.

It's the oddest thing. Yanno, how in science they say matter attracts matter (or something like that). Well throw a towel on an empty bed or chair, within a few days it will be covered in crap.

Today, I'm washing all the guest room bedding (along with the dusting, vacuuming), right after I run to the expensive market (just because it's easiest) for the few things we need to survive until Wednesday.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-12-2014, 08:33 PM
(19-12-2014 04:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(18-12-2014 02:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Snow!

Sudbury, Ontario has new snowfall on, at an average, 75 days per year.

I remember reading that Interstate Highway 80 in Wyoming has been closed by snow in every month of the year -- yes, that includes June, July, and August.
21-12-2014, 08:55 PM
(17-12-2014 11:21 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  1.) I failed my driving test. :-)

However, I know exactly what I did wrong and it's easily fixable. As I was pulling out of my parking spot to being the test, there was a car behind me. He was a good distance behind me, so even if he would've continued to drive straight, I would've been able to pull out of my space and he would have enough time to yield and all that jazz. He actually had his blinker on, so I assumed he was turning and pulled out anyways, and my instructor failed me for that. But my instructor told me many people fail their first try because they don't know what to expect, and that it's a one shot per day thing, so I'm just going to go back today and hope I don't screw up again. I don't handle disappointment very well.

When I took my driving test (long long ago, in a galaxy far far away), the first thing I did was make a right turn out of the parking lot, and then continue turning right until I ran into the curb. Believe it or not, I passed the test! I must have done everything else right. It's the only time in my life I've ever parallel-parked without making a major production out of it.

What was worse was my first time driving in "driver's ed". I told the instructor (truthfully) that I had some experience driving (with my mother). But my driving was so bad he didn't believe me, and said so. He actually suggested that some people were better off not getting driver's licenses, and that I might be one of those people. I was crushed.

But here I am, 40 years or so later (with a driver's license), so it wasn't the end of the world. Seemed like it at the time, though.
21-12-2014, 11:59 PM
(21-12-2014 08:55 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(17-12-2014 11:21 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  1.) I failed my driving test. :-)

However, I know exactly what I did wrong and it's easily fixable. As I was pulling out of my parking spot to being the test, there was a car behind me. He was a good distance behind me, so even if he would've continued to drive straight, I would've been able to pull out of my space and he would have enough time to yield and all that jazz. He actually had his blinker on, so I assumed he was turning and pulled out anyways, and my instructor failed me for that. But my instructor told me many people fail their first try because they don't know what to expect, and that it's a one shot per day thing, so I'm just going to go back today and hope I don't screw up again. I don't handle disappointment very well.

When I took my driving test (long long ago, in a galaxy far far away), the first thing I did was make a right turn out of the parking lot, and then continue turning right until I ran into the curb. Believe it or not, I passed the test! I must have done everything else right. It's the only time in my life I've ever parallel-parked without making a major production out of it.

What was worse was my first time driving in "driver's ed". I told the instructor (truthfully) that I had some experience driving (with my mother). But my driving was so bad he didn't believe me, and said so. He actually suggested that some people were better off not getting driver's licenses, and that I might be one of those people. I was crushed.

But here I am, 40 years or so later (with a driver's license), so it wasn't the end of the world. Seemed like it at the time, though.

My drivers ed teacher used to play Staying Alive by the Bee Gees during our sessions. Pretty sure he also drank beforehand. He and the wrestling coach were known to be doing MMF with the accounting teacher. Good times.
22-12-2014, 12:07 AM
So I'm really hating work. I would rather be unemployed and will have to consider accepting a full time contract when it's offered next month.

So I've been spending a lot of time at alternatives to this god awful job and ways that I could get my business that I wanna do off the ground. The issue is that while I have thought smaller (to start with) with aiming to get a trailer (which has morphed into a small modified Isuzu truck because it includes the ability to drive it place to place which is kinda handy...) the cost of starting a food truck is still out of my reach.
The truck itself would be about 8-10K and than I have to get the box lowered and modified (have a big hole cut in the side so I can serve customers) and than a drinks fridge, a ingredients fridge, benches, a sink and an oven all put in. Oh and I need to get it painted and labeled and registered. So while yea, I'm thinking smaller, smaller is still grossly out of my reach. The bank would never lend me the money because I'd need like $30K and they wont even give me $3K... And it's not exactly good business to start a risky start-up business on borrowed money anyway. So ideally I would get some investors but than I have to give up a portion of my business, and it would be a large portion given the required amount of money and risk associated with it and that's providing I could get investors which I couldn't.

So I thought I would start even smaller, at the absolute smallest humanly possible I can take this without selling pizza's out of kitchen... There's a farmers market each week down the road. I could build a pizza oven, I have the material and know how to do so and than it would just be a matter of getting a table or two (like $50), napkins, maybe paper plates and ingredients (which I could get at the farmers market...) and prep the dough the night before. Than just wheel it down the road come Sunday morning, set up shop and away I go. It's fucking perfect right? Starting ridiculously small but in an environment that would allow for trial and error and give me good experience and feedback. Plus it's an ideal market because it's early morning, people are hungry and maybe cold and it's people that would buy wood fire cooked pizza. I could maybe even get investors that would help me make that next step (or even skip a step??). It's so fucking perfect I want to squeeze something until it pops.

So.. I go onto the google and search for the market. I find the website, good news, it's the only farmers market in the city. I look around a bit oh but wait what's this...? FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It moved across town to a bigger space. I've only got a push bike... How the fuck am I suppose to get a fucking pizza oven, a couple tables, ingredients, signage etc.. across town on a motherfucking pushbike?! And why the fuck didn't I think of this earlier this year!?

The world hates me. Like it actually hates the fucking shit out of me.
It wants to reach into my non-existent soul and rip out all my hopes and dre- wait... Consider If I get my drivers licence (I only have my motorbike licence), even just my learners, I could borrow my flatmates car...

I gotta think on this, this could be salvageable yet.
The bonus thing about the market moving I guess is a bigger location and they now have it twice a week, once early morning Sunday and once on Wednesday night. If my job contract is up for negotiating soon I could get Wednesday as one of my days off. It doesn't matter about Sunday because I work nights.
I'm on to something here people, I think I have finally, after many years, just got my stone ball over the crest of the hill.
22-12-2014, 12:18 AM
OMFG! I was just thinking I would need a van or ute as a car probably wouldn't fair too well for what I would need to transport. My parents just sold my dads ute to their neighbor because they didn't want/need it anymore.
THE WORLD HATES ME SO FUCKING MUCH!!
My dad used it for all his tools and stuff, it had plenty of space in the back and was enclosed. ARGGGG! FUCK YOU JEBUS! YOU'RE A FUCKING CUNT!
22-12-2014, 02:28 PM
I don't call day walkers at 0158 unless it's an emergency - like, OMG cousin's in a car wreck. I don't even call over someone old dying until it's a more appropriate hour - what difference does it make between 0200 and 0400 that granny is dead. Don't call me at 1358. Ever. You fucking know I work night shift cause you tinker with my schedule and rearrange all the days I sign up for. I'm gonna be fucking asleep, it's my 2 am. That's what on call nurses, float pool, and lateral transfers are for. Four hour post op hearts - pair the patients - happens to night shift, day shift can put on their big girl/big boy panties and suck it up. SICU should be able to handle hearts after POD 1, and MICU should be able to handle STEMIs. It's not like every pt on the unit has a VAD or IABP right now. Move 'em out, and don't fucking call me on my last off day before working through the Christmas holidays after making me work Thanksgiving. I'm not gonna be cool with it.

And no. I'm not coming in tonight. And I can't go back to sleep now. Assholes. Angry

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
23-12-2014, 12:04 AM
OH, so I was going to work yesterday after my rant and I was passing through the place where they had the farmers market and there was a big sign out front "Farmers Market returning Jan 18".

So, 2015 is going to be an interesting year for me I suspect.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-12-2014, 12:50 AM
My house is a disaster, but my gifts are wrapped.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post