Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-12-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Undecided

That is all.
Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-12-2014, 09:59 AM
I'm going to bed because even though I finished work at 4:15am today, I have work again at 3pm... yaaaaaaay Christmas...
23-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Here's a mini rant for you, what's with all the hyperbole in the world? Have you noticed how people so casually compare humdrum things in life to much more extreme problems or events?

Some examples I've heard from co-workers, friends, etc:

Coffee is like my liquid crack.
I'm so OCD about my fridge.
(after correcting someone's grammar) I'm such a Grammar Nazi.

If you've never robbed or fucked people to get money for coffee, it's NOT your liquid crack.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a real affliction that causes people extreme suffering, it's a lot more than just being particular about how you arrange produce.
Have you ever attempted and nearly succeeded in the systematic mass execution of people who use there, their, and they're incorrectly? Then you're not a Nazi, sorry.

Why are we so compelled to make our lives seem so much more extreme and dramatic than they really are?
[+] 2 users Like Mr. Boston's post
23-12-2014, 10:50 AM
(23-12-2014 10:07 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Here's a mini rant for you, what's with all the hyperbole in the world? Have you noticed how people so casually compare humdrum things in life to much more extreme problems or events?

Some examples I've heard from co-workers, friends, etc:

Coffee is like my liquid crack.
I'm so OCD about my fridge.
(after correcting someone's grammar) I'm such a Grammar Nazi.

If you've never robbed or fucked people to get money for coffee, it's NOT your liquid crack.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a real affliction that causes people extreme suffering, it's a lot more than just being particular about how you arrange produce.
Have you ever attempted and nearly succeeded in the systematic mass execution of people who use there, their, and they're incorrectly? Then you're not a Nazi, sorry.

Why are we so compelled to make our lives seem so much more extreme and dramatic than they really are?

Rolleyes 'Cos we wanna? Anyway who the crap are you to say my life ain't dramatic? Just now I murdered an entire bottle of orange juice. Murdered it. It wasn't pretty.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2014, 10:54 AM
(23-12-2014 10:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  Rolleyes 'Cos we wanna? Anyway who the crap are you to say my life ain't dramatic? Just now I murdered an entire bottle of orange juice. Murdered it. It wasn't pretty.

Oh Man, I bet that would've gone especially well with the EPIC bagel I obliterated on my way to work today. It was a veritable holocaust of poppy seeds in my car this morning.
[+] 6 users Like Mr. Boston's post
23-12-2014, 11:10 AM
(23-12-2014 10:54 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  Oh Man, I bet that would've gone especially well with the EPIC bagel I obliterated on my way to work today. It was a veritable holocaust of poppy seeds in my car this morning.

ROFL dude. Oh man, you slay me. Like literally. Like, with a bagel... Slain. Dead. I actually am typing these words with my dying breath...

Tongue

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2014, 12:48 PM
I guess today is "be a dick to Ferd" day.
23-12-2014, 12:56 PM
(23-12-2014 12:48 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I guess today is "be a dick to Ferd" day.

Hey you OK? No one messes with our Ferd - if anyone's gonna be a dick to him it's us, not some random loser dick.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-12-2014, 02:16 PM
(23-12-2014 12:48 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I guess today is "be a dick to Ferd" day.

Who's ass needs kicking?

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-12-2014, 04:24 PM
So I was at a funeral today to support my good friend of two years, George (His grandfather died), and at the very end of this nice mass (Funerals will probably be the only time I will fully respect and adhere to any religious courtesy),this fucking bitch leaves and as we exit I heard her talking shit about how the family wanted to remember George's granddad (They wanted people to remember him as a rough and tough father with a heart of gold).

"IF thats how they want to honor his memory, so be it, but..."

That's all I was able to hear.

Bitch, they can remember them however they damn please.

The bitch wasn't even part of the family, but a member of the choir.

Fuck her.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post