Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-12-2014, 02:04 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Is it just me or does Hanukkah suck ass as a holiday compared to Christmas?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-12-2014, 02:27 PM
(24-12-2014 02:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is it just me or does Hanukkah suck ass as a holiday compared to Christmas?

Hanukkah just ended last night

It's a holiday centered around candles and food.

It has its good points.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Why are there fucking snakes out on Christmas Eve? Too far north for coral snakes, must have been a king snake - haven't come across one of those since I was six. I didn't stop and have a chat and figure out which color blocks were next to which. Too outta breath from making it up the mountain to have my usual slur of profanities I usually reserve from my reptilian nightmares, it was more like "bleearagghheee"

Jesus fucking baby Christ, have you no mercy?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-12-2014, 06:06 PM
(24-12-2014 02:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is it just me or does Hanukkah suck ass as a holiday compared to Christmas?

Hanukkah is a very minor holiday it only gets noticed because it falls around Christmas. Passover is much closer to Christmas in importance.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-12-2014, 06:09 PM
(24-12-2014 04:52 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Why are there fucking snakes out on Christmas Eve? Too far north for coral snakes, must have been a king snake - haven't come across one of those since I was six. I didn't stop and have a chat and figure out which color blocks were next to which. Too outta breath from making it up the mountain to have my usual slur of profanities I usually reserve from my reptilian nightmares, it was more like "bleearagghheee"

I didn't figure you as the 'scared of reptiles' type... Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
24-12-2014, 06:10 PM
(24-12-2014 04:52 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Why are there fucking snakes out on Christmas Eve? Too far north for coral snakes, must have been a king snake - haven't come across one of those since I was six. I didn't stop and have a chat and figure out which color blocks were next to which. Too outta breath from making it up the mountain to have my usual slur of profanities I usually reserve from my reptilian nightmares, it was more like "bleearagghheee"

Rat snakes look more like Coral snakes than do King snakes I think.

I wish I could have seen you have that conniption. Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Why do people fear snakes and spiders? I can understand it being dangerous, but then humans like other dangerous animals like orcas, bears, panthers, chimpanzees, and rhinos. Seriously this is not towards the nurse, but this reminded me that humans are retarded. If you are going to hate snakes and spiders, hate every animal that will kill you, hell I would rather be around a corn snake and a wolf spider than a panda, at least they would not teabag me, eat me, and use me as a toilet.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
24-12-2014, 07:23 PM
(24-12-2014 06:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

I didn't figure you as the 'scared of reptiles' type... Consider

Not really scared of all reptiles. The little blue tailed lizards, super cute. Had anoles and geckos as pets as a kid. Snakes are biting heads with no body, just a fucking tail, and they want to eat me. They are proof that gawd is fucking psycho.

Phobia = irrational fear. I can acknowledge it all day long, but every time I come across one of those fuckers my anal sphincter tone is tight enough to shit diamonds.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
24-12-2014, 07:34 PM
(24-12-2014 07:23 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(24-12-2014 06:09 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  I didn't figure you as the 'scared of reptiles' type... Consider

Not really scared of all reptiles. The little blue tailed lizards, super cute. Had anoles and geckos as pets as a kid. Snakes are biting heads with no body, just a fucking tail, and they want to eat me. They are proof that gawd is fucking psycho.

Phobia = irrational fear. I can acknowledge it all day long, but every time I come across one of those fuckers my anal sphincter tone is tight enough to shit diamonds.

I doubt that snakes want to eat humans... well the massive ones probably do... Considering the large size difference, snakes probably act purely out of defence. This doesn't bode well for us, considering that snakes defence is their offence and humans have almost less physical defensive capacity than your average sponge regarding such types of attack, but that's beside the point...

Well, snakes aren't too bad anyway so long as you are near enough to a civilisation and are not allergic to the venom. Or know to not bother the things. Far as I'm aware most snake bites down here come from relocation attempts and people trying to kill the snakes.

As a side-note: how do you feel about legless lizards?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.