Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-09-2012, 09:17 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-09-2012 06:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 06:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Economics test tonight.
Do I know the material? Nope.
6 weeks worth of material, prepare to be learned.

This could be in the "Stupid Teens" thread.Consider

Hardly. This particular paper is ridiculously easy.
Like for example, reading over the lecture slides and there was an entire lecture (50minutes) about adverse selection and moral hazard. It in no way takes someone standing in front of 300 people 50minutes to explain adverse selection and moral hazard.

I mean look I'll explain them now in 10seconds.
Adverse selection: The idea that those that enter into a contract value that contract the most. ie: Someone who enters in an Insurance contract is likely a high risk person. While the low risk person is less likely to enter into that contract. This is a problem because what actually occurs does not match population samples.
Moral Hazard: Where one enters into a contract (insurance contract) and that persons risk increases due to them entering the contract. ie: Without insurance I'd have smoke alarms, with insurance I wont bother. ie2: Without insurance I lock my car, with insurance I don't.

See, that doesn't take 50minutes to explain. And you people wonder why I never go to lectures...

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 09:38 PM
That awkward moment when you email your lecturer explaining that his slides are wrong, only to flip to the next slide and have what you just explained to him, explained...

25-09-2012, 10:53 PM
FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

I just had a thought. That whole mix up with the night club doorman job, I think perhaps I was suppose to phone them. I just thought now, I was doing work experience and perhaps I was suppose to phone them the following week as to if I then was interested in the job. but I was waiting for them to phone me...
OMFG!! FUCK! F.M.L! Why does this shit happen to me! Do you know how much I fucking wanted that job, FFS!!

God fucking damn it!

26-09-2012, 03:42 PM
(25-09-2012 10:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

I just had a thought. That whole mix up with the night club doorman job, I think perhaps I was suppose to phone them. I just thought now, I was doing work experience and perhaps I was suppose to phone them the following week as to if I then was interested in the job. but I was waiting for them to phone me...
OMFG!! FUCK! F.M.L! Why does this shit happen to me! Do you know how much I fucking wanted that job, FFS!!

God fucking damn it!

Ring them then.... explain the situation.... they may not have found anybody they like yet.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
26-09-2012, 06:36 PM
(26-09-2012 03:42 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  FAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR

God fucking damn it!

Ring them then.... explain the situation.... they may not have found anybody they like yet.

Nah remembered during my test yesterday, the creepy bald man specifically said "we will phone you", so it's cool, they're still the cunts.

So the more I go to my commercial law lectures and stuff and the more I learn about that law side of things the more I realize that I do want to be a lawyer. Like it's been something in the back of my head for ages but owning my own business has always trumped it, but as I learn more about law the lawyer is starting to trump business.
So I passively decided last night that once I get a few businesses up and running, I'm going to go back to university and get my criminal law degree.
I think by that time (probably late twenties, early thirties, maybe sooner maybe later) I would have the sufficient break from university and education in general, I would have got my next big project off the ground and I'd be looking for something new.
I could even do it part time (if they offer part time criminal law degrees, they may not or it may be over like 20years or something).

26-09-2012, 06:38 PM
(26-09-2012 06:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 03:42 PM)bemore Wrote:  Ring them then.... explain the situation.... they may not have found anybody they like yet.

Nah remembered during my test yesterday, the creepy bald man specifically said "we will phone you", so it's cool, they're still the cunts.

So the more I go to my commercial law lectures and stuff and the more I learn about that law side of things the more I realize that I do want to be a lawyer. Like it's been something in the back of my head for ages but owning my own business has always trumped it, but as I learn more about law the lawyer is starting to trump business.
So I passively decided last night that once I get a few businesses up and running, I'm going to go back to university and get my criminal law degree.
I think by that time (probably late twenties, early thirties, maybe sooner maybe later) I would have the sufficient break from university and education in general, I would have got my next big project off the ground and I'd be looking for something new.
I could even do it part time (if they offer part time criminal law degrees, they may not or it may be over like 20years or something).

Hows it going with starting your own business??? Any more ideas.... made any more progress anywhere???

26-09-2012, 07:01 PM
(26-09-2012 06:38 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(26-09-2012 06:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nah remembered during my test yesterday, the creepy bald man specifically said "we will phone you", so it's cool, they're still the cunts.

Hows it going with starting your own business??? Any more ideas.... made any more progress anywhere???

Nah, gonna wait till my summer break (like 5weeks away) to really hit it home.

27-09-2012, 03:38 AM
My Gwynnies is forty today. Happy birthday, Gwynnies! Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-09-2012, 05:07 AM
So I find out today that our big bosses are getting paid £200 extra a day (on top of their 50k-70k salaries) to help work out our job evaluations, that will decide if we get a pay increase or not.

So the people who are in charge of reducing costs and saving as much money as possible, are getting paid £1000 a week extra... to fucking decide if we get a pay increase???

Conflict or interests or what.... thats local goverment for you though Censored

[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
27-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Know the feeling when you've been active all day long and in the evening you feel like nothing has been done? ... *frown*

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
- Wotsefack?! -