Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-12-2014, 08:27 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-12-2014 08:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 07:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My big gift this year...

A toaster. A fucking toaster no one even bothered to wrap.

Weeping

That said I do kinda like it. I refused to get rid of our older one, even though it really only made warm bread and took a few tries to toast/incinerate the bread.

Does it make jeebus faces?

Right now it doesn't do anything but gently warm the bread.

I need to adjust it I guess or maybe read the instructions...
Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-12-2014, 08:58 PM
I bought Dark Souls 2 for the PC today.

Game: "PRESS START BUTTON"
Me: I'm on PC. I don't have a Start Button...
Game: *in game tutorial* Press these buttons on your xbox controller to accomplish these actions...
Me: What the hell? *attempts to fix atrocious default keyboard/mouse button mapping and figure out how it corresponds to the xbox controller buttons in the instructions*
Game: Press A to Confirm, B to go back...
Me: I'M PLAYING ON A PC. STOP TELLING ME TO PRESS BUTTONS ON A FUCKING XBOX CONTROLLER THAT I DON'T HAVE!!!! IF I WANTED TO USE AN XBOX CONTROLLER I WOULD BUY AN XBOX AND THEN BUY THE GAME FOR THE XBOX.
Game: *nothing because I uninstalled it*
Me: *boots up Skyrim* Smile

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
25-12-2014, 09:11 PM
(25-12-2014 08:58 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I bought Dark Souls 2 for the PC today.

Game: *in game tutorial* Press these buttons on your xbox controller to accomplish these actions...
Me: What the hell? *attempts to fix atrocious default keyboard/mouse button mapping and figure out how it corresponds to the xbox controller buttons in the instructions*
Me: I'M PLAYING ON A PC. STOP TELLING ME TO PRESS BUTTONS ON A FUCKING XBOX CONTROLLER THAT I DON'T HAVE!!!! IF I WANTED TO USE AN XBOX CONTROLLER I WOULD BUY AN XBOX AND THEN BUY THE GAME FOR THE XBOX.

... Good thing I brought a controller and adapter just to play Dark Souls then...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-12-2014, 09:12 PM
(25-12-2014 08:58 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I bought Dark Souls 2 for the PC today.

That is because, like every smart person, no one plays Dark souls with mouse and keyboard, NO ONE! In fact some many people play it with controller that it has gone to that point.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-12-2014, 09:38 PM
(25-12-2014 09:11 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... Good thing I brought a controller and adapter just to play Dark Souls then...

I'm considering that, but it looks like the controller might cost more than the game. Dodgy

I really want to like Dark Souls 2, but is it worth it?

(25-12-2014 09:12 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  That is because, like every smart person, no one plays Dark souls with mouse and keyboard, NO ONE! In fact some many people play it with controller that it has gone to that point.

I agree, no smart person plays Dark Souls 2 with a mouse and keyboard because From Software totally screwed up the port and made it completely unplayable with a mouse and keyboard. Facepalm

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
25-12-2014, 09:45 PM
(25-12-2014 09:38 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(25-12-2014 09:11 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... Good thing I brought a controller and adapter just to play Dark Souls then...

I'm considering that, but it looks like the controller might cost more than the game. Dodgy

I really want to like Dark Souls 2, but is it worth it?

I can't speak to PC, as I played on the 360 and am holding out downloading DS until I manage to build my computer...

360 version I say was wonderful; good solid game and it worked very well with the controller. Though it did not look the best and stuttered occasionally (but I was playing it on a TV so old it can only accept one set of audio and video inputs and can't use HD and a 360 can only do so much...)

I'm sure it'll be better on PC than console; which is why I brought it. Controller issue aside, that is.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-12-2014, 09:48 PM
(25-12-2014 07:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My big gift this year...

A toaster. A fucking toaster no one even bothered to wrap.

Weeping

That said I do kinda like it. I refused to get rid of our older one, even though it really only made warm bread and took a few tries to toast/incinerate the bread.

That is definitely one of those just kill me now moments. Unless it was from a child younger than 10 I really think you just needed to be honest and reply 'what, you got me a fucking toaster, and you didn't even wrap the fucking thing'?

Hey one time I was at the mall on Christmas eve and ran out of time and grabbed one of those fucking statues of the thinker for my mom. I still cringe when I think of her opening it. I know she was thinking, you got me the fucking thinker? Facepalm
25-12-2014, 09:53 PM
I pressed this link without turning the audio down first http://dagobah.net/flash/Hedberg.swf I am now deaf...

Still. Could be worse... http://dagobah.net/flash/sanic.swf

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
25-12-2014, 10:59 PM
You know what I hate when your playing mount and blade warband and you think you do ok of for your entire army to get curbed stopped my some pansy lord from another nation (Yeah Im looking at you King harlus) and then you don't have enough money to but more soldiers to you gotta grind in the arena. Only for your new army to be curbed stomped again. also kingdom of swadia can go fuck it self nord alll the way.
26-12-2014, 05:26 AM
(25-12-2014 09:38 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  I agree, no smart person plays Dark Souls 2 with a mouse and keyboard because From Software totally screwed up the port and made it completely unplayable with a mouse and keyboard. Facepalm

Well if you want to play it yes. However there is a reason I only play games like that on xbox. If a game on PC says controller only I buy it on xbox. The games I buy on PC are old games that no one plays on xbox 360 anymore.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube