Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-12-2014, 02:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-12-2014 01:49 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 01:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love it, it's really pretty. But it's fussy to me (nothing can go into the dishwasher), every time I've said I'm going to use it, I've chickened out.

But you have a point.

[Image: DSC06129E.jpg]

Life's too short for dishes that can't go in the dishwasher.

Smile

I know right? At the time, when we got married, I really didn't think much about it -- we didn't have a dishwasher in our apartment. Lol.

But I also didn't have a place for the china either.

The one time husband used the good crystal I just about died.

[Image: powerscourt.jpg]

I think it's time I use it or seriously consider selling it all.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2014, 02:32 PM
(26-12-2014 02:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 01:49 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Life's too short for dishes that can't go in the dishwasher.

Smile

I know right? At the time, when we got married, I really didn't think much about it -- we didn't have a dishwasher in our apartment. Lol.

But I also didn't have a place for the china either.

The one time husband used the good crystal I just about died.

[Image: powerscourt.jpg]

I think it's time I use it or seriously consider selling it all.

I'm not saying everyday but do you really want to never use it? If it was me I would use it once a month just cause. Pick a sunday everyone will be there and use the good china. Hand washing dishes once a month is not a huge ordeal.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
26-12-2014, 03:20 PM
Nothing makes Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew special quite like the good china and crystal. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
26-12-2014, 03:31 PM
(26-12-2014 03:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Nothing makes Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew special quite like the good china and crystal. Tongue

Taco Bell on the wedding dishes. Life. Is. Good.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
26-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Ok..you are all right. They deserve to be used. Blush

It shouldn't matter what's put on them...

Really Blink

(ok maybe not hot pockets, but good pizza might be ok Tongue )

26-12-2014, 04:10 PM
(26-12-2014 03:31 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 03:20 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Nothing makes Hot Pockets and Mountain Dew special quite like the good china and crystal. Tongue

Taco Bell on the wedding dishes. Life. Is. Good.

[Image: taco-bell-live-mas.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-12-2014, 04:15 PM
(26-12-2014 01:49 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 01:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love it, it's really pretty. But it's fussy to me (nothing can go into the dishwasher), every time I've said I'm going to use it, I've chickened out.

But you have a point.

[Image: DSC06129E.jpg]

Life's too short for dishes that can't go in the dishwasher.

Smile

You know, my apartment has a dishwasher, and I've never used it (I've been living here for over 9 years now). It's just simpler to do the dishes by hand -- and they get cleaner. Call me a luddite, I guess.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
26-12-2014, 04:21 PM
(26-12-2014 04:15 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 01:49 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Life's too short for dishes that can't go in the dishwasher.

Smile

You know, my apartment has a dishwasher, and I've never used it (I've been living here for over 9 years now). It's just simpler to do the dishes by hand -- and they get cleaner. Call me a luddite, I guess.

If I lived alone it wouldn't be an issue.

But.....damn kids use around 10 glasses a day, three coffee mugs and 5 small plates oh and maybe bowls.

That's just the kids. My mother in law runs her dishwasher once a month if she's lucky.

We run ours sometimes twice a day. Consider

26-12-2014, 06:49 PM
(26-12-2014 04:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 04:15 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You know, my apartment has a dishwasher, and I've never used it (I've been living here for over 9 years now). It's just simpler to do the dishes by hand -- and they get cleaner. Call me a luddite, I guess.

But.....damn kids use around 10 glasses a day, three coffee mugs and 5 small plates oh and maybe bowls.

That's just the kids. My mother in law runs her dishwasher once a month if she's lucky.

Ya, for a single guy with simple (some would say boring) eating habits, keeping up with the dishes ain't that hard.
26-12-2014, 07:16 PM
(26-12-2014 04:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-12-2014 04:15 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You know, my apartment has a dishwasher, and I've never used it (I've been living here for over 9 years now). It's just simpler to do the dishes by hand -- and they get cleaner. Call me a luddite, I guess.

You'd love me, then.

I've been known to take a single plate, knife and fork and use only those for days at a time, and I drink almost exclusively from plastic bottles, which I reuse constantly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.