Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-01-2015, 07:07 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So.. I'm out front of my grocery store having just completed my shopping when a young chap comes racing up to me and stands right infront of my path saying that I forgot something inside. I look down at my groceries, my bicycle helmet and kindly tell him that no I didn't and he has the wrong person so I go to step around him and he says "no, you have to come inside" so I reluctantly go with him back to the self serve stations where the lady at the stations proceeds to ask me if I paid for my drinks to which I reply of course I did (of course I did). She's not convinced claiming she never saw me at the self serve check outs, (rather annoyed at this point that I am being accused of stealing from a grocery store I literally frequent on a daily bases) and asks to see my receipt. I say I don't have it, I left it at the self serve as I always do (putting emphasis on the as I always do part). She and the young chap of course don't believe a word I'm saying because I have a ripped jacket (oh yea, my jacket ripped the other day), shoddy shoes (because I'm too cheap to buy another pair) and basically look a bit like a hobo. Never mind the fact that my IQ is likely twice their combined IQ... So I'm standing there awkwardly, people are looking because they think I stole something, and the lady is waiting for the guy that is now on the self serve I was using to finish. So I speak up and proclaim that I come here every day and have so for the past year, I have a degree in commercial law (they don't need to know I was kicked out of uni and never got it, it sounds better if I do Tongue ), I have a stable job and the fact that she couldn't see me despite the fact that I am wearing a big heavy bright red plaid jacket on a hot hot summers day says more about her eye sight than it does about my character as a person. Both stood there not entirely sure what to say and so the lady says "well, you can go but please keep the receipt for next time". Rather pleased with myself that I managed to talk my way out of that I proclaim that nope, I wanna wait so she can see for herself on the self check out that I did in fact pay for my drinks. She insists that it's ok and that I can just go, thinking now that she made a mistake is my assumption so I do, I turn and leave.

Fuck that bitch. Tomorrow if she is working I am going to take my receipt and I am going to hold it up as I walk past her with the simple comment "satisfied?". Fucking accuse me of stealing... I'd never steal anything. Fucking cunts, I'm actually rather offended. Talk about leaving a sour taste in ones mouth.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
04-01-2015, 07:12 PM
Though now, as someone who works in retail and often has to cover for the security team and who has had to deal with shoplifters in past, I'm thinking that if she thought I stole those drinks, why the fuck did she let me go so easily!?

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-01-2015, 07:14 PM
Maybe they mistook you for Freethought, he was at the store today and forgot his wallet. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-01-2015, 12:34 AM
(04-01-2015 07:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Though now, as someone who works in retail and often has to cover for the security team and who has had to deal with shoplifters in past, I'm thinking that if she thought I stole those drinks, why the fuck did she let me go so easily!?

Think she judged based off your looks - saw you walking out, realised she hadn't been watching or whatever, decided you must have stolen the stuff based off your appearance and sent little random dude to haul you back. Also WTF is this business of "You left something back at the store, you have to come back"? Feckin' stupid. Unprofessional IMO. If you're gonna accuse a guy of stealing you damn well do it and don't fuck around with stupid transparent lies.

Whole damn thing was unprofessional actually. If *she* wasn't doing her job properly that she had to go on just her suspicion of you she shoulda let it slide - not good to antagonise a paying customer based on your stupid gut-feels.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-01-2015, 01:47 AM
(04-01-2015 07:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. I'm out front of my grocery store having just completed my shopping when a young chap comes racing up to me and stands right infront of my path saying that I forgot something inside. I look down at my groceries, my bicycle helmet and kindly tell him that no I didn't and he has the wrong person so I go to step around him and he says "no, you have to come inside" so I reluctantly go with him back to the self serve stations where the lady at the stations proceeds to ask me if I paid for my drinks to which I reply of course I did (of course I did). She's not convinced claiming she never saw me at the self serve check outs, (rather annoyed at this point that I am being accused of stealing from a grocery store I literally frequent on a daily bases) and asks to see my receipt. I say I don't have it, I left it at the self serve as I always do (putting emphasis on the as I always do part). She and the young chap of course don't believe a word I'm saying because I have a ripped jacket (oh yea, my jacket ripped the other day), shoddy shoes (because I'm too cheap to buy another pair) and basically look a bit like a hobo. Never mind the fact that my IQ is likely twice their combined IQ... So I'm standing there awkwardly, people are looking because they think I stole something, and the lady is waiting for the guy that is now on the self serve I was using to finish. So I speak up and proclaim that I come here every day and have so for the past year, I have a degree in commercial law (they don't need to know I was kicked out of uni and never got it, it sounds better if I do Tongue ), I have a stable job and the fact that she couldn't see me despite the fact that I am wearing a big heavy bright red plaid jacket on a hot hot summers day says more about her eye sight than it does about my character as a person. Both stood there not entirely sure what to say and so the lady says "well, you can go but please keep the receipt for next time". Rather pleased with myself that I managed to talk my way out of that I proclaim that nope, I wanna wait so she can see for herself on the self check out that I did in fact pay for my drinks. She insists that it's ok and that I can just go, thinking now that she made a mistake is my assumption so I do, I turn and leave.

Fuck that bitch. Tomorrow if she is working I am going to take my receipt and I am going to hold it up as I walk past her with the simple comment "satisfied?". Fucking accuse me of stealing... I'd never steal anything. Fucking cunts, I'm actually rather offended. Talk about leaving a sour taste in ones mouth.

Doesn't that store have EAS gates? Pretty much all the major stores (and branches of said) down here have them.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-01-2015, 06:44 AM
(05-01-2015 12:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 07:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Though now, as someone who works in retail and often has to cover for the security team and who has had to deal with shoplifters in past, I'm thinking that if she thought I stole those drinks, why the fuck did she let me go so easily!?

Think she judged based off your looks - saw you walking out, realised she hadn't been watching or whatever, decided you must have stolen the stuff based off your appearance and sent little random dude to haul you back. Also WTF is this business of "You left something back at the store, you have to come back"? Feckin' stupid. Unprofessional IMO. If you're gonna accuse a guy of stealing you damn well do it and don't fuck around with stupid transparent lies.

Whole damn thing was unprofessional actually. If *she* wasn't doing her job properly that she had to go on just her suspicion of you she shoulda let it slide - not good to antagonise a paying customer based on your stupid gut-feels.

I know right! What's even more stupid is that there are only 8 self serve checkouts... How hard is to scan 8 self serve checkouts? And I go there daily, literally fucking daily, I see that lady frequently and she sees me.
In all my experience the people that stole things were not regular customers...

She obviously hadn't been trained with what to do when you get a shoplifter. You could tell by the way she just gave up her accusation of me as soon as I questioned it. Like "you stole" "no I didn't" "oh... ok than I'm sorry". I mean I didn't have my receipt, I had no proof on me (I obviously had proof on my bank account, on the self serve checkout and on the security cameras). Yea she shouldn't have accused me and should have been doing her fucking dumbass basic job, but if she was gonna do it she could have at least have committed...

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-01-2015, 06:46 AM
My flatmates and "friends" are a bunch of fucking cunts.
That is all.

05-01-2015, 07:05 AM
(05-01-2015 06:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 12:34 AM)morondog Wrote:  Think she judged based off your looks - saw you walking out, realised she hadn't been watching or whatever, decided you must have stolen the stuff based off your appearance and sent little random dude to haul you back. Also WTF is this business of "You left something back at the store, you have to come back"? Feckin' stupid. Unprofessional IMO. If you're gonna accuse a guy of stealing you damn well do it and don't fuck around with stupid transparent lies.

I know right! What's even more stupid is that there are only 8 self serve checkouts... How hard is to scan 8 self serve checkouts? And I go there daily, literally fucking daily, I see that lady frequently and she sees me.

Interesting.... I've never seen more than eight self-serve checkouts, and never any less... Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
05-01-2015, 07:20 AM
(05-01-2015 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-01-2015 06:44 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I know right! What's even more stupid is that there are only 8 self serve checkouts... How hard is to scan 8 self serve checkouts? And I go there daily, literally fucking daily, I see that lady frequently and she sees me.

Interesting.... I've never seen more than eight self-serve checkouts, and never any less... Consider

[Image: 754162.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
05-01-2015, 07:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2015 08:06 AM by unfogged.)
(05-01-2015 07:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Interesting.... I've never seen more than eight self-serve checkouts, and never any less... Consider

There are 2 Home Depots near me that have 4 and two different markets that have 6 each. Looks like the conspiracy is more complicated than it first seemed!
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post