Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-01-2015, 10:52 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I'm just really tired of everyone's crap and attitude today. And I'm tired of the person who is supposedly my significant other constantly belittling me. I'm not stupid. I don't defend or argue something unless I know my shit and know I can firmly stand my ground. When the evidence that you ARE WRONG IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, JUST ADMIT YOU ARE WRONG. Instead, you get upset once I'm in a bad mood because you're a little jackass, WHEN YOU ADMIT THAT YOU PURPOSEFULLY WOUND ME UP saying "I knew you were right I'm not stupid, I was just joking" WHEN WE HAVE BEEN ARGUING ABOUT THE SAME THING FOR WEEKS AND YOU JUST WANT TO COVER UP THE FACT THAT YOU WERE WRONG BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT TO ADMIT THAT YOU ARE WRONG.

I am going to take a shit on my neighbor's doorstep I am so angry.

Also, I'm upset about something and you obtain the materials to fix the emotional atmosphere we share, yet you don't do anything about it and still wonder why I am upset. Please sit the fuck down and reevaluate your logic. You have been made aware of the issues. You have been provided SOLUTIONS TO THOSE ISSUES. WHY ARE YOU STILL CONFUSED.

I hope a bird shits on you today.

I also have to clean mine and my roommates fucking bathroom. I hate cleaning bathrooms. This fuels my anger.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2015, 10:56 AM
(07-01-2015 10:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I didn't really feel like walking to campus this morning.

The wind chill was -44.

I was going to ask, but it doesn't much matter whether that's C or F. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-01-2015, 11:31 AM
(06-01-2015 08:57 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I'm single (ish), y'all are single, let's go out.

[...] It's not even 2100. Lame. [...]

Yeah! A TTA meeting! Tongue That'd be cool lol

By the way, when I read "It's not even 2100", I was like "It's still 2015!", then a second later I understood you meant the time.

U_U

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
07-01-2015, 12:15 PM
(07-01-2015 10:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(07-01-2015 10:43 AM)cjlr Wrote:  I didn't really feel like walking to campus this morning.

The wind chill was -44.

I was going to ask, but it doesn't much matter whether that's C or F. Weeping

K

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
07-01-2015, 02:05 PM
This is kind of a delayed rant, but here's how last Monday went for me:

1. Ride my bike 14.5 miles (in sub-freezing weather) to the endodontist's office, supposedly for a root canal. I'm so cold from the bike ride that I spend the whole appointment shivering convulsively. After a half-hour of "evaluation", he shoos me out. Turns out I need another appointment to actually have the root canal done.

2. The good news: They have another opening that same day (I already have the whole day off from work, and now I won't have to take another day off. Good!). The bad news: That opening is 5 hours away, and I didn't bring anything to read. So, rather than sitting there staring at the walls for 5 hours, I opt to ride back home and come back for the second appointment.

3. About half an hour after I get home, the endodontist's office calls: "We've had a cancellation, and we can get you in earlier." D'oh! So I basically had no time to do anything at home before heading back out.

I had hoped to have the root canal done and be back home shortly after Noon, and have the rest of the day free for rest, relaxation, music, etc. Instead I ended up spending 6 hours riding my bike in freezing cold (58 miles total) and 2 hours "in the chair", and by the time I got home, I was too tired and sore to do anything but go to bed. So much for my "day off".
07-01-2015, 06:31 PM
A. Got called in, gonna have to work the entire shift tonight. This sucks hairy balls.

B. Mom drove up and met me for dinner. Once again, she insisted on public prayer before eating. And we talked about my impending divorce, and how dad wants to talk to my soon to be ex about how to treat me to keep me. How about let's let bygones be bygones. And then I get lectured on "you need to find communion with The Lord. He has your best interests at heart. Only then will you find inner peace." And then she said she'd help me with raising my son while I go back to school (soon to be ex and both my parents are encouraging med school), but gave me the ultimatum of finding what? Oh, communion with The Lord.

C. So we've been living in mom and dad's house while they've been out at the farm. And they're moving back in. Yay. Dodgy so until at least May, on my off days I'll be in the house with my ex AND my parents. Just one big, happy family.

D. It's 13F (-10C) outside (one of the coldest temps I've ever experienced in my life) and dropping and I've got a half mile walk in scrubs and shoes I can't run in without rolling my ankle. I'm used to these temps only for a few days of the year in February, so I've never bought a coat for this kind of weather. And I have to walk it in scrubs, which are like thin pajamas. Mother fuck my toes are cold and I haven't even left the car yet.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
07-01-2015, 08:34 PM
Yknow what? I don't think it'll make my situation that much better but I'm gonna bitch anyways!

It all started last Monday. Of course a Monday. Maybe Garfield was right to hate that day. Anyways, I was excited because I was supposed to get my internet hooked up. The tech guy comes and discovers that not only are my wires in my phonejack burnt but I also don't have the right circuit for the internet. Since its a prepaid service that goes through another company, I had to wait for that guy to fix the circuit and was told I would be called when it was in for another appointment. Only should take about 24 hours. Fine, I've been without internet for 3 months so what's another day or so?

I go to my first job and on the highway going to my second job near 7:30pm, my truck drops 5mph. I get it back up to 75mph and i hear a metal grinding noise. I knew I had to get off the highway and was hoping to make it to a town about 2 miles away. Nope. Dropped to nothing and I luckily get onto the shoulder. Call my friend, called in to my first job, waited, walked around my truck to try to guess what was wrong with it. My friend and her mom pick me up. It was a mostly quiet drive with my friend's mom giving me advice on getting a tow and recommended a garage. Remembering my friend shot me a text saying she was at the ER and asking if I could watch her grandma who was staying with them (I was at work and couldn't), I asked if she was okay and her mom said they rather not talk about it. Get home, give my parents a heads up, and went to bed. Didn't sleep well because I was very worried about what could and couldn't happen.

The next day I called the tow, called the garage, and called into work after napping long enough to accidently wake up by the time I should have been there. They didn't really mind since I explained what was going on but they wanted me to get a replacement. Since my first job is a small workplace, there's not that many people to call. However, no one was available. They just said they'd make it work. Spent the rest of the night feeling stupid for putting all my money into moving up here, worried if my truck would be expensive to fix. Next day, mechanic called me back and said my rear gears were completely shot. My truck is a 96 so no real surprise. Also, since its a Nissan pickup, it was no real surprise that he wasn't having any luck finding a new part in mid-MO. I call home, my dad said he'd look in the Ozarks area and asks me what the part is and I tell him to call the garage. I dont know car stuff so it would be better for the guy that knows what he's doing to tell my dad. Then I realize I should talk to my landlord. I needed to pay rent anyways. So I walk to his office and he's not there. Then I remembered it was new years eve. Damn. Though my truck was still up in the air, I had to go pay the tow and the fee for them to look at my truck. So I call my friend. I ask her for a ride to pay and before I can even explain what's going on, she say, "no I can't. Buses won't go down there so get a cab." She really sounded like crap but still made me very upset that I'd have to call a cab because my friend was either unwilling or unable to help. She's the one that was pushingly suggesting I move up there and helped me get my first job up there. She's still the only person I know up here. My coworkers are like 40 miles away and even then I'm not that great of friends with them. So I spent an extra $50 I really could have used better on a cab. Get to the garage and he explains to me what's wrong with it again. If he had the right part, it'd be $200 but if he had to custom fit another part to it, it would be $700. My parents could help with $200 but not close to $1000. If my dad couldn't find a part, which seemed very likely, I'd have to scrap my otherwise loyal truck I've had for 10 good years. Call my dad to fill him in. I say I wanna stay up here, that Im getting internet and if I do lose my truck and consequenly my two jobs out of walking distance, I'd like to try to find one close to me or that I could get to by bus. He glosses over that and says that I need to come on back home and that they'll pick me up on Saturday. I keep trying to tell him I don't want to but my dad, being the paranoid caring father that he is, doesn'. Really listen until he admits he's just worried for me. I know I'm lucky to have a good sort of dad but that really shot my confidence. I hate how he always goes dor the worst scenario and plus it felt like he didn't feel like I could do it, yknow? Part if me knew I'd probably have to pack up and go but, god, I want to try and I want to choose to leave, not be twisted into it. So next few days are me talking to family, walking around to get cigarettes and see if my landlord is in, and calling into work to explain my situation, leaving voicemails saying I wouldn't be in and asking them to call me back (first job to see if I could use a company car, second one to see if I even had a job since its seasonal), and smoked away the time in my apartment. No one called back.

On Saturday, my dad found a part near Arkansas but it wouldnt be until Monday when the scrapyard opened to see if it was good enough to use. On Monday, I call the lady that hired me into my first job because she was the head over our department and would know if I could use a car. Got her machine. Told her my situation and asked her to call me back.Before I called in, my friend asks how I am with my truck back. I tell her that I'm lucky if I don't have to scrap it and wind up moving back. That's when she's like "I'm not working anymore use my car." Now, she gets sick a lot. Like a lot a lot. I know there are sometimes she misses work for weeks at a time but she hadn't been there hardly since November. Still, I have no idea if she means shes sick or she quit or what. She picks me up, I drop her off, and she doesn't tell me anymore other than when she'll need her car in the week. Usually she tells me things that go on. It's none of my business so I just go to work. Go to my second job to realize I still had it and that night they scheduled me earlier than usual and I was late. But the rest of the two weeks, they gave me 3 hour days instead of my usual 8. I ask if they have any idea how long seasonal people had and they just said, "keep working until we tell you otherwise.

Fantastic. Well, its money. I should get job hunting but wait I don't have internet! Call the company, guy comes over and apparently, the guy put the circuit in the wrong box! My apartment looks like uilding but its really 2 with stairs in the middle. So I have to wait until he fixes his screw up.

Plus when my dad went to see the part, it was different than what the mechanic described. So waiting to see if its really right now. Luckily though at least my grandpa said he was willing to pay either way. I'd rather owe myggrandpa than a bank.

I call the lady for my first job back and updated her. She said she couldn't loan me a car anyways but if I couldn't make it to work to call another person and theyll cover for me. Thank god at least she was understanding. Then today, I took my friend around for errands. While we were in Sonic for happy hour, she said, " you should have told me last week instead of missing those days. (Our boss) let me go last week." I was so fucking mad. Dont tell me that after you fucking made me get a cab. Yea, your health is shit and yes you're upset because you cant work but don't fucking act like I didn't call you for help and you didn't say no. I really really wanted to tell her so bad but we got her food. I just dropped her off and went to work on my tv stand. Still no internet. God, I just want my truck. I don't know how put a car into overdrive when there's no clutch. I want my damn truck, I want my internet so I can play team fortress 2 and talk to whatever friends I have online, I want money so I do.t worry about next months rent, I want...I want to punch someone. That's what I wanna do.

[Image: notagain.gif]
07-01-2015, 08:55 PM
(07-01-2015 08:34 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Yknow what? I don't think it'll make my situation that much better but I'm gonna bitch anyways!

It all started last Monday. Of course a Monday. Maybe Garfield was right to hate that day. Anyways, I was excited because I was supposed to get my internet hooked up. The tech guy comes and discovers that not only are my wires in my phonejack burnt but I also don't have the right circuit for the internet. Since its a prepaid service that goes through another company, I had to wait for that guy to fix the circuit and was told I would be called when it was in for another appointment. Only should take about 24 hours. Fine, I've been without internet for 3 months so what's another day or so?

I go to my first job and on the highway going to my second job near 7:30pm, my truck drops 5mph. I get it back up to 75mph and i hear a metal grinding noise. I knew I had to get off the highway and was hoping to make it to a town about 2 miles away. Nope. Dropped to nothing and I luckily get onto the shoulder. Call my friend, called in to my first job, waited, walked around my truck to try to guess what was wrong with it. My friend and her mom pick me up. It was a mostly quiet drive with my friend's mom giving me advice on getting a tow and recommended a garage. Remembering my friend shot me a text saying she was at the ER and asking if I could watch her grandma who was staying with them (I was at work and couldn't), I asked if she was okay and her mom said they rather not talk about it. Get home, give my parents a heads up, and went to bed. Didn't sleep well because I was very worried about what could and couldn't happen.

The next day I called the tow, called the garage, and called into work after napping long enough to accidently wake up by the time I should have been there. They didn't really mind since I explained what was going on but they wanted me to get a replacement. Since my first job is a small workplace, there's not that many people to call. However, no one was available. They just said they'd make it work. Spent the rest of the night feeling stupid for putting all my money into moving up here, worried if my truck would be expensive to fix. Next day, mechanic called me back and said my rear gears were completely shot. My truck is a 96 so no real surprise. Also, since its a Nissan pickup, it was no real surprise that he wasn't having any luck finding a new part in mid-MO. I call home, my dad said he'd look in the Ozarks area and asks me what the part is and I tell him to call the garage. I dont know car stuff so it would be better for the guy that knows what he's doing to tell my dad. Then I realize I should talk to my landlord. I needed to pay rent anyways. So I walk to his office and he's not there. Then I remembered it was new years eve. Damn. Though my truck was still up in the air, I had to go pay the tow and the fee for them to look at my truck. So I call my friend. I ask her for a ride to pay and before I can even explain what's going on, she say, "no I can't. Buses won't go down there so get a cab." She really sounded like crap but still made me very upset that I'd have to call a cab because my friend was either unwilling or unable to help. She's the one that was pushingly suggesting I move up there and helped me get my first job up there. She's still the only person I know up here. My coworkers are like 40 miles away and even then I'm not that great of friends with them. So I spent an extra $50 I really could have used better on a cab. Get to the garage and he explains to me what's wrong with it again. If he had the right part, it'd be $200 but if he had to custom fit another part to it, it would be $700. My parents could help with $200 but not close to $1000. If my dad couldn't find a part, which seemed very likely, I'd have to scrap my otherwise loyal truck I've had for 10 good years. Call my dad to fill him in. I say I wanna stay up here, that Im getting internet and if I do lose my truck and consequenly my two jobs out of walking distance, I'd like to try to find one close to me or that I could get to by bus. He glosses over that and says that I need to come on back home and that they'll pick me up on Saturday. I keep trying to tell him I don't want to but my dad, being the paranoid caring father that he is, doesn'. Really listen until he admits he's just worried for me. I know I'm lucky to have a good sort of dad but that really shot my confidence. I hate how he always goes dor the worst scenario and plus it felt like he didn't feel like I could do it, yknow? Part if me knew I'd probably have to pack up and go but, god, I want to try and I want to choose to leave, not be twisted into it. So next few days are me talking to family, walking around to get cigarettes and see if my landlord is in, and calling into work to explain my situation, leaving voicemails saying I wouldn't be in and asking them to call me back (first job to see if I could use a company car, second one to see if I even had a job since its seasonal), and smoked away the time in my apartment. No one called back.

On Saturday, my dad found a part near Arkansas but it wouldnt be until Monday when the scrapyard opened to see if it was good enough to use. On Monday, I call the lady that hired me into my first job because she was the head over our department and would know if I could use a car. Got her machine. Told her my situation and asked her to call me back.Before I called in, my friend asks how I am with my truck back. I tell her that I'm lucky if I don't have to scrap it and wind up moving back. That's when she's like "I'm not working anymore use my car." Now, she gets sick a lot. Like a lot a lot. I know there are sometimes she misses work for weeks at a time but she hadn't been there hardly since November. Still, I have no idea if she means shes sick or she quit or what. She picks me up, I drop her off, and she doesn't tell me anymore other than when she'll need her car in the week. Usually she tells me things that go on. It's none of my business so I just go to work. Go to my second job to realize I still had it and that night they scheduled me earlier than usual and I was late. But the rest of the two weeks, they gave me 3 hour days instead of my usual 8. I ask if they have any idea how long seasonal people had and they just said, "keep working until we tell you otherwise.

Fantastic. Well, its money. I should get job hunting but wait I don't have internet! Call the company, guy comes over and apparently, the guy put the circuit in the wrong box! My apartment looks like uilding but its really 2 with stairs in the middle. So I have to wait until he fixes his screw up.

Plus when my dad went to see the part, it was different than what the mechanic described. So waiting to see if its really right now. Luckily though at least my grandpa said he was willing to pay either way. I'd rather owe myggrandpa than a bank.

I call the lady for my first job back and updated her. She said she couldn't loan me a car anyways but if I couldn't make it to work to call another person and theyll cover for me. Thank god at least she was understanding. Then today, I took my friend around for errands. While we were in Sonic for happy hour, she said, " you should have told me last week instead of missing those days. (Our boss) let me go last week." I was so fucking mad. Dont tell me that after you fucking made me get a cab. Yea, your health is shit and yes you're upset because you cant work but don't fucking act like I didn't call you for help and you didn't say no. I really really wanted to tell her so bad but we got her food. I just dropped her off and went to work on my tv stand. Still no internet. God, I just want my truck. I don't know how put a car into overdrive when there's no clutch. I want my damn truck, I want my internet so I can play team fortress 2 and talk to whatever friends I have online, I want money so I do.t worry about next months rent, I want...I want to punch someone. That's what I wanna do.

Being a grown up sucks HugHugHugHugHugHugHug
Sorry you're having a rough time.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
07-01-2015, 09:38 PM
Re: Ranting corner
My newest boss lost his fucking mind at work. He's been charge for only a few months. Last week (thankfully I'd left already) he starts yelling, grabbing things & shaking them, and yells at his boss with clenched fists. For two days straight.

His boss calls us. Dumbshit was told he's taking this week off with no pay. Not an option, not a suggestion.

Motherfucker gets paid more than three times as much as I do.
07-01-2015, 10:26 PM
Need $7,500 for a new motorbike.

[Image: oscar.png]