Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-01-2015, 08:59 AM
RE: Ranting corner
bat shit looney inlaws again.

Just found out nephew will be attending Cedarville Uni in Ohio.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/...licts.html

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 10:27 AM
(09-01-2015 08:59 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  bat shit looney inlaws again.

Laugh out load How are these places called universities? ... They're fucken troglodytes.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-01-2015, 10:31 AM

Is that even legal? Pretty sure they just took a giant shit on the first amendment.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
09-01-2015, 10:56 AM
(09-01-2015 05:41 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I woke up afraid of all these answers. Well if that is the case I better do it when the time is right.

Excellent decision.

I will speak to you now in parables ...
You are a scientist who is in the process of discovering something new and exciting. You are going to another scientist for opinion, advice, and a possible first stab at peer review... (THE major published discovery is a noble goal). If initial observations seem discouraging, it's no reason to stop being a scientist. AmIright?

Be the honest man that you are. Honesty can not be stressed enough.

Also... Durex -non latex- (purple box) is good. In Walgreens or CVS, it's in the same isle with the tampons ... you don't want to have to hang around & read for very long in that isle ... just grab & go.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
09-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Goddammit. Just realized I'm gonna have to use condoms when I start having sex again.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 7 users Like Nurse's post
09-01-2015, 04:56 PM
(09-01-2015 10:56 AM)kim Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 05:41 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  I woke up afraid of all these answers. Well if that is the case I better do it when the time is right.

Excellent decision.

I will speak to you now in parables ...
You are a scientist who is in the process of discovering something new and exciting. You are going to another scientist for opinion, advice, and a possible first stab at peer review... (THE major published discovery is a noble goal). If initial observations seem discouraging, it's no reason to stop being a scientist. AmIright?

Be the honest man that you are. Honesty can not be stressed enough.

Also... Durex -non latex- (purple box) is good. In Walgreens or CVS, it's in the same isle with the tampons ... you don't want to have to hang around & read for very long in that isle ... just grab & go.

Can we wait to see if it works before the condom advice.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
09-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Er....I think I'm in the wrong thread...

[Image: smiley-gen032.gif]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
09-01-2015, 05:57 PM
My 'friends' went mountain biking without me. Even after my expressed strong desire to go and long time dream of giving it a go and the fact I have my own bike and the fact that I don't have work till the 16th and the fact that there was plenty of room on the bike rack and the fact that I am very comfortable on a bike and have been biking every day for the past year, where all three of them haven't sat on a bike in over 2 years...

This. This is why I went 500km to Wellington where I knew absolutely nobody.

[Image: oscar.png]
09-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Masochism - watching The Ugly Truth with your soon to be ex.

Romantic comedy probably wasn't the best choice. Shoulda picked Die Hard.

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
09-01-2015, 10:32 PM

Your poor nephew! I hope he wasn't forced to go there. Some of the rules at those fundie 'colleges' are ludicrous. I saw an article on the Friendly Atheist facebook page where one of them encouraged female students to take the time to dress before leaving their dorm during a fire alarm if they happened to be in the shower when it happens so as to maintain modesty. Hemant Metha wrote to an administrator of the college, and they confirmed that yes, modesty was of utmost importance and that it didn't take that long to grab a robe or dress from the closet before leaving the building. So I guess dying in a fire is ok, but being outside in a towel where they could defraud males isn't. What the hell do they think will happen? The firefighters will be so overcome by lust at the sight of women's knees and clavicles that they'll drop to the ground had immediately fornicate?
[+] 3 users Like beeglez's post