Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-01-2015, 11:55 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Trying to watch an episode of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix, and the sound is waaaaay off. I'm talking like a person says three sentences, and a couple of seconds after they're done the mouth moves. Dodgy I've restarted it, fast forwarded, rewound, even watched an episode of Sherlock (which was fine). Came back, the sound is still off. Damnit! Angry

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2015, 11:59 PM
(09-01-2015 11:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Trying to watch an episode of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix, and the sound is waaaaay off. I'm talking like a person says three sentences, and a couple of seconds after they're done the mouth moves. Dodgy I've restarted it, fast forwarded, rewound, even watched an episode of Sherlock (which was fine). Came back, the sound is still off. Damnit! Angry

Is your furnace running? Tongue
10-01-2015, 12:02 AM
(09-01-2015 11:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 11:55 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Trying to watch an episode of Sons of Anarchy on Netflix, and the sound is waaaaay off. I'm talking like a person says three sentences, and a couple of seconds after they're done the mouth moves. Dodgy I've restarted it, fast forwarded, rewound, even watched an episode of Sherlock (which was fine). Came back, the sound is still off. Damnit! Angry

Is your furnace running? Tongue

You fuckin smart ass.... Dodgy

Yeah it's running? Why???????? Sadcryface

Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
10-01-2015, 12:04 AM
(10-01-2015 12:02 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 11:59 PM)pablo Wrote:  Is your furnace running? Tongue

You fuckin smart ass.... Dodgy

Yeah it's running? Why???????? Sadcryface

Tongue

No reason. Smartass
10-01-2015, 12:06 AM

DVD's came in the mail, or went over the net straight to some device?

10-01-2015, 12:08 AM
(10-01-2015 12:06 AM)TheGulegon Wrote:  

DVD's came in the mail, or went over the net straight to some device?

Streaming on the TV. If it was an Internet issue we would have had problems when we switched to Sherlock. Undecided

10-01-2015, 07:00 AM
So I wrote a note for my flatmates who ditched me today to go mountain biking after expressively saying they would take me and after I expressed my desire to wanting to do it for a rather long time now.
It reads: Fuck you. Some fucking "friend" you are."

I think it's nice. It expresses my displeasure and it hits upon the "bad friend" nerve, which they are particularly vulnerable too because they're overly social and can't stand people being mad with them. I think I hit the nail on the head with this one.

I think I'm gonna be finding new flatmates again this year... 17 in 3 years already, can I make it 20+ in 4 years?
[Image: challenge_accepted.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
10-01-2015, 07:05 AM
(10-01-2015 07:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I wrote a note for my flatmates who ditched me today to go mountain biking after expressively saying they would take me and after I expressed my desire to wanting to do it for a rather long time now.

I think it's nice. It expresses my displeasure and it hits upon the "bad friend" nerve, which they are particularly vulnerable too because they're overly social and can't stand people being mad with them. I think I hit the nail on the head with this one.

I think I'm gonna be finding new flatmates again this year... 17 in 3 years already, can I make it 20+ in 4 years?

Pretty shitty of them to ditch you. Seeing as how they value social interaction, I'd probably just go with an in person "Dudes, not cool to leave me here. Thought I was going with... I packed and everything."

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
10-01-2015, 07:15 AM
(08-01-2015 11:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:10 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Don't forget those are New Zealand dollars, EK.

Yeah.
NZ$7,500 = US$5,870 = CAN$6,931

And taxes.

And with the 2015 models on the way, it's usually a good time to get an excellent deal on clearing out last year's stock, provided you have good credit and have a better than minimum down payment. If it wasn't for my student loan debt, I could probably negotiate that 6.5K bike down to 5.75K, especially if it has been sitting there all year and nobody bit on it. Which I know for a fact is the case with the one and only CB500F that's been sitting at my local Honda power sport dealership since they got it in late 2013.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
10-01-2015, 07:45 AM
(10-01-2015 07:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I wrote a note for my flatmates who ditched me today to go mountain biking after expressively saying they would take me and after I expressed my desire to wanting to do it for a rather long time now.

You see, Muffs, the problem here is that you had expectations. Expectations lead to disappointment.

And now my own annoyance:

The damned young-folk are at it again.

They've invited a friend over yet again and are busying themselves with the task of shouting and screaming excitedly like a bunch of stereotypically excited brainless frat boys. Now, I might not be so bothered by this were it not such a common occurrence; it seems that almost every week this particular friend is invited over to be ever so obnoxiously rambunctious.
Of course, even when they don't have friends over, the two youngsters are overly noisy.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.