Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-01-2015, 08:11 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-01-2015 07:15 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-01-2015 11:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Yeah.
NZ$7,500 = US$5,870 = CAN$6,931

And taxes.

And with the 2015 models on the way, it's usually a good time to get an excellent deal on clearing out last year's stock, provided you have good credit and have a better than minimum down payment. If it wasn't for my student loan debt, I could probably negotiate that 6.5K bike down to 5.75K, especially if it has been sitting there all year and nobody bit on it. Which I know for a fact is the case with the one and only CB500F that's been sitting at my local Honda power sport dealership since they got it in late 2013.

I was looking at the cbr300 and the cbr500. They've changed the licencing system here since I had my last bike so I can get a 500 on my restricted (it goes learners, restricted, full, I just haven't gotten around to getting my full because the only difference between the two is that I can get any size cc bike on my full) now instead of being limited to 250cc.

The 300 is $7,500 and the 500 is $9,900.
I'd go with the 300 because I'm cheap like that and 300cc is enough for what I want it for. Anything bigger is just a waste of fuel and costs extra in rego.

I'm applying for a full time position at work so if I get that I might consider getting a new motorbike. My only concern is that I want to travel (and a motorbike = expense = no travel) and/or start my own business (which = expense + sketchy income). The advantage is though that I could get the motorbike now and pay it off, where as the other two would be save now and get later. I'm in rapid dept payment at the moment so I'm not saving anything.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 08:13 AM
(10-01-2015 07:05 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 07:00 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I wrote a note for my flatmates who ditched me today to go mountain biking after expressively saying they would take me and after I expressed my desire to wanting to do it for a rather long time now.
It reads: Fuck you. Some fucking "friend" you are."

I think it's nice. It expresses my displeasure and it hits upon the "bad friend" nerve, which they are particularly vulnerable too because they're overly social and can't stand people being mad with them. I think I hit the nail on the head with this one.

I think I'm gonna be finding new flatmates again this year... 17 in 3 years already, can I make it 20+ in 4 years?
[Image: challenge_accepted.jpg]

Pretty shitty of them to ditch you. Seeing as how they value social interaction, I'd probably just go with an in person "Dudes, not cool to leave me here. Thought I was going with... I packed and everything."

I think the letter comes across as more serious. Plus, they can read it in the morning while I'm asleep and I avoid that awkward conversation.
Easier to leave a note and cold shoulder them for a couple days.

Quote:You see, Muffs, the problem here is that you had expectations. Expectations lead to disappointment.

I actually did suspect that this would happen but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. But yes, expectations.
10-01-2015, 09:22 AM
(09-01-2015 10:32 PM)beeglez Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 08:59 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  bat shit looney inlaws again.

Just found out nephew will be attending Cedarville Uni in Ohio.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/...licts.html

Your poor nephew! I hope he wasn't forced to go there. Some of the rules at those fundie 'colleges' are ludicrous. I saw an article on the Friendly Atheist facebook page where one of them encouraged female students to take the time to dress before leaving their dorm during a fire alarm if they happened to be in the shower when it happens so as to maintain modesty. Hemant Metha wrote to an administrator of the college, and they confirmed that yes, modesty was of utmost importance and that it didn't take that long to grab a robe or dress from the closet before leaving the building. So I guess dying in a fire is ok, but being outside in a towel where they could defraud males isn't. What the hell do they think will happen? The firefighters will be so overcome by lust at the sight of women's knees and clavicles that they'll drop to the ground had immediately fornicate?

Nephew has been kept in the fundie homeschool bubble his entire life. I was hoping when he finally made it to college that he could escape some of it and maybe be around some normal people, but it doesnt look that way.

Hoping he meets some hot wild girl that was shipped there by her parents and will lead him astray into the world of 'normal'

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
10-01-2015, 12:06 PM
(09-01-2015 04:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Can we wait to see if it works before the condom advice.

That was purely for future reference. "Be prepared" is failsafe advice.

Also, it can't be helped; I was a girl scout. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
10-01-2015, 12:13 PM
(10-01-2015 12:06 PM)kim Wrote:  
(09-01-2015 04:56 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Can we wait to see if it works before the condom advice.

That was purely for future reference. "Be prepared" is failsafe advice.

Define girl scout.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
10-01-2015, 01:32 PM
(10-01-2015 12:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 12:06 PM)kim Wrote:  That was purely for future reference. "Be prepared" is failsafe advice.

Define girl scout.

One who lets you toss her cookies Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
10-01-2015, 01:41 PM
(10-01-2015 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 12:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Define girl scout.

Bad dog, bad, bad! Angry

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-01-2015, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 10-01-2015 05:40 PM by Metazoa Zeke.)
(10-01-2015 01:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-01-2015 12:13 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Define girl scout.

You are now on the my nigga list. Laugh out load

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
10-01-2015, 05:51 PM
So.. I'm suck in my room because it's too awkward as fuck. My flatmates are in the living room and I have to go through the living room to get to the garage to get to my bike so I can get something to eat.

Oh and I need to piss too, which means also walking past my flatmates.

I think I'm just gonna put my head phones in and keep walking.
10-01-2015, 05:58 PM
(10-01-2015 05:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. I'm suck in my room because it's too awkward as fuck. My flatmates are in the living room and I have to go through the living room to get to the garage to get to my bike so I can get something to eat.

Oh and I need to piss too, which means also walking past my flatmates.

I think I'm just gonna put my head phones in and keep walking.

*stuck