Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-01-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Southern hospitality is just so weird to me. I've never gotten used to it... It makes me so uncomfortable. Like homie I am trying to buy milk so I can make soup and breakfast, I don't want to tell you about my day when I don't even know you.

Also Thursday was my first day of class, today was my second day of class. In my psychology class, I sit next to a boy I will name "semi-southern boy" for this story. Well, first day of class, we had to tell our professor our studies as she went through the roster. He's a senior and is about to graduate under what I am studying. The roster hits me, I tell my professor I'm studying programming, and semi-southern boy literally almost jumps up out of his seat and force-marries me. I was terrified. Both days he's continuously talked to me, and I mean, he's nice, but... coming off a bit to heavily. I'd like to sit through an hour and fifteen minute class period without someone constantly breathing five centimeters away from my face... How does one even boys????

Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
13-01-2015, 11:39 PM
(13-01-2015 10:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Southern hospitality is just so weird to me. I've never gotten used to it... It makes me so uncomfortable. Like homie I am trying to buy milk so I can make soup and breakfast, I don't want to tell you about my day when I don't even know you.

Also Thursday was my first day of class, today was my second day of class. In my psychology class, I sit next to a boy I will name "semi-southern boy" for this story. Well, first day of class, we had to tell our professor our studies as she went through the roster. He's a senior and is about to graduate under what I am studying. The roster hits me, I tell my professor I'm studying programming, and semi-southern boy literally almost jumps up out of his seat and force-marries me. I was terrified. Both days he's continuously talked to me, and I mean, he's nice, but... coming off a bit to heavily. I'd like to sit through an hour and fifteen minute class period without someone constantly breathing five centimeters away from my face... How does one even boys????

Sad

Urgh. How old is the tool user?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-01-2015, 01:04 AM
(13-01-2015 10:19 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Southern hospitality is just so weird to me. I've never gotten used to it... It makes me so uncomfortable. Like homie I am trying to buy milk so I can make soup and breakfast, I don't want to tell you about my day when I don't even know you.

Sad

Makes ya not wanna wear deodorant, doesn't it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
14-01-2015, 01:08 AM
(13-01-2015 10:10 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 08:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You are going to have to move. Tongue

Ordered a case on Amazon - free shipping. Big GrinBowingDroolingPopcorn

Go to a Taco Bell. They usually have 4 different flavors. Around here it is regular Mt. Dew, Code Red, Baja Blast, and Live Wire.

[Image: image_mountaindewcodered1.jpg][Image: image_mountaindewlivewireofficial1.jpg]

[Image: Mountain-Dew-Baja-Blast-can-and-bottle.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
14-01-2015, 01:18 AM
Too drunk to find my personal thread. 2 fingers of Blanton's, amaretto, and some bitters (my specialty "Bloody Atrocity) and nothing but maybe five bites of ice cream in the past 24 hours, and I'm toasty toast. The link for user cp is kinda tiny to click on. So I'll rant away here.

So tonight I suggested reconciliation. Move to an apartment together, pay off bills together, see if we can make things work with some of the stress gone, together. That's a no go. He will be moving out within a month. Mom and dad are taking us out to eat tomorrow (awkward) so they can tell us that they are moving back in to show us how a relationship should work (crazy and even more awkward). Gotta love Jesus.

I'll be paying a metric fuck ton of child support/alimony and picking up 80% of the debt, since it's my car and my school loan, despite that most of the school loan was for living expenses while we were married and Inwas pregnant. Don't even get me started on how the reason I made so much money at Huntsville was because I gave up my retirement for a larger hourly pay, and he's the only one with a decent retirement. Yay for being the major income earner all these years. So because I have career aspirations and am not a heartless bitch and am too poor to afford an attorney I get the shaft.

Divorce sucks. Can't eat cause I'm too upset. Can't run cause I can't eat. I bought him lots of nice bourbon for Father's Day a few years ago, I'm making a dent in that shit tonight.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
14-01-2015, 01:20 AM
Oh. And apparently he hates our crystal scotch glasses. So we are selling those, too, with the china and stemware. He coulda just fucking told me he didn't like the goddamn glasses.

14-01-2015, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 01:38 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(14-01-2015 01:18 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Too drunk to find my personal thread. 2 fingers of Blanton's, amaretto, and some bitters (my specialty "Bloody Atrocity) and nothing but maybe five bites of ice cream in the past 24 hours, and I'm toasty toast. The link for user cp is kinda tiny to click on. So I'll rant away here.

So tonight I suggested reconciliation. Move to an apartment together, pay off bills together, see if we can make things work with some of the stress gone, together. That's a no go. He will be moving out within a month. Mom and dad are taking us out to eat tomorrow (awkward) so they can tell us that they are moving back in to show us how a relationship should work (crazy and even more awkward). Gotta love Jesus.

I'll be paying a metric fuck ton of child support/alimony and picking up 80% of the debt, since it's my car and my school loan, despite that most of the school loan was for living expenses while we were married and Inwas pregnant. Don't even get me started on how the reason I made so much money at Huntsville was because I gave up my retirement for a larger hourly pay, and he's the only one with a decent retirement. Yay for being the major income earner all these years. So because I have career aspirations and am not a heartless bitch and am too poor to afford an attorney I get the shaft.

Divorce sucks. Can't eat cause I'm too upset. Can't run cause I can't eat. I bought him lots of nice bourbon for Father's Day a few years ago, I'm making a dent in that shit tonight.

(14-01-2015 01:20 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh. And apparently he hates our crystal scotch glasses. So we are selling those, too, with the china and stemware. He coulda just fucking told me he didn't like the goddamn glasses.

Just enjoy the scotch and be careful. Some of us here worry about you! Heart Hug

Oh, and don't forget to drink a tall glass of water or two before you go to sleep! Your head will thank you for it in the morning!

[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2015, 02:03 AM
(14-01-2015 01:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 01:18 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Too drunk to find my personal thread. 2 fingers of Blanton's, amaretto, and some bitters (my specialty "Bloody Atrocity) and nothing but maybe five bites of ice cream in the past 24 hours, and I'm toasty toast. The link for user cp is kinda tiny to click on. So I'll rant away here.

(14-01-2015 01:20 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Oh. And apparently he hates our crystal scotch glasses. So we are selling those, too, with the china and stemware. He coulda just fucking told me he didn't like the goddamn glasses.

Just enjoy the scotch and be careful. Some of us here worry about you! Heart Hug

Oh, and don't forget to drink a tall glass of water or two before you go to sleep! Your head will thank you for it in the morning!

Meh. I won't go to bed Til the morning. Plenty of time to finish my second glass in my very nice scotch glasses that I ducking adore but might possibly break and then sober up. Don't know why autocorrect capitalizes Til. But it does. Just like Siri doesn't understand southern accents. That bitch.

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
14-01-2015, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 02:59 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(14-01-2015 02:03 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 01:28 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Just enjoy the scotch and be careful. Some of us here worry about you! Heart Hug

Meh. I won't go to bed Til the morning. Plenty of time to finish my second glass in my very nice scotch glasses that I ducking adore but might possibly break and then sober up. Don't know why autocorrect capitalizes Til. But it does. Just like Siri doesn't understand southern accents. That bitch.

I never use Siri, although I must admit that the news that Microsoft was doing something similar with their Windows phone piqued my interest when they called it Cortana and revealed that it would be voice acted by Jen Taylor. Yeah, the holographic AI companion from the HALO video game series. Now instead of yelling at you to save the planet from aliens, you can ask her for driving directions. Tongue

Her voice is so sexy... Blush

[Image: 71f1cd31f90bd8b902d716c605f7daca.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2015, 02:14 AM
You would think that my phone would figure out that I mean fucking not ducking. Dodgy maybe some software developers should get on that shit. And add southern accents to the mix.