Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-01-2015, 07:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-01-2015 07:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 07:32 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Went in my closet super excited to put on a pair of heels after a long pregnancy of flat shoes to discover every single pair of shoes I own (plus a bunch of other stuff) destroyed by mildew. Had to throw them ALL away. Got the apartment treated for mildew. I guess the unusually warm winter has its downsides *sigh*

"excited to put on a pair of heels".

A statement I cannot comprehend no matter how hard I try. Those thing look so incredibly poor in terms of shoe choice.

They are really fun. They just take a bit of practice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2015, 07:40 AM
(14-01-2015 07:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 07:32 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Went in my closet super excited to put on a pair of heels after a long pregnancy of flat shoes to discover every single pair of shoes I own (plus a bunch of other stuff) destroyed by mildew. Had to throw them ALL away. Got the apartment treated for mildew. I guess the unusually warm winter has its downsides *sigh*

"excited to put on a pair of heels".

A statement I cannot comprehend no matter how hard I try. Those thing look so incredibly poor in terms of shoe choice.

You have no future as a transvestite - cross that off your to do list. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2015, 07:43 AM

That must be some aggressive mildew. Ohmy

I've successfully cleaned up mildewed leather products with a little dilute bleach, then applied leather conditioner.

I especially have to keep an eye on the whips and restraints in the basement - very damp there.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-01-2015, 07:46 AM
(14-01-2015 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 07:38 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  "excited to put on a pair of heels".

You have no future as a transvestite - cross that off your to do list. Drinking Beverage

Great! Now I have to put "Be a transvestite" on my list so I can actually take it off my list! Thanks Chas! Angry

(14-01-2015 07:40 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  

They are really fun. They just take a bit of practice.

There is no sanity in this world...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-01-2015, 07:48 AM
(14-01-2015 07:43 AM)Chas Wrote:  

That must be some aggressive mildew. Ohmy

I've successfully cleaned up mildewed leather products with a little dilute bleach, then applied leather conditioner.

I especially have to keep an eye on the whips and restraints in the basement - very damp there.
It was pretty gross. Mentally I'd never get past it lol
14-01-2015, 08:05 AM
has the source of the water been found and fixed?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
14-01-2015, 08:11 AM
(14-01-2015 08:05 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  has the source of the water been found and fixed?

All he could find was that the bathroom vent was plugged. I don't think there is much else they can do. (Closet is against outside wall in an older apartment) I may go try to find a dehumidifier when I have some spare cash.
14-01-2015, 08:02 PM
Boss decides that after a month of back and forth regarding using a different payroll company that perhaps he should get some input from the two of us who do payroll. Guess what - it's a huge disaster waiting to happen. Course that didn't bother him on the ten-day cruise he took last month.

So today, after half the staff threatened to quit, he realized that something was wrong - hmmmmmm, I think Sasha and I mentioned that a time or twelve.

Late day meeting having to drive 15 miles in the opposite direction of home for him to find out that what we knew and had been trying to tell him for the last month.

Everything has to be ready by Monday - yeah, don't see that happening. Dodgy

So glad the boss decided that the VP (who doesn't know squat about payroll) could handle this - she can't, couldn't, and didn't. Now Sash and I have to fix her fuckups for half the pay.

Happy fucking new year to us.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
14-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Re: RE: Ranting corner
(14-01-2015 07:40 AM)Chas Wrote:  

I once taught a woman how to walk in heels. Blush

My rant: What the fuck is it lately with whackjobs coming in talking about collapsing wave function and quantum entanglement?

Sock puppets or we being pranked?
15-01-2015, 05:00 AM
Wanna see a special crazy christian? Go look up Anne Lamott on facebook. See her writing on god and your "thinky thoughts"

*dies a little on the inside*