Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-01-2015, 01:26 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 03:59 AM by gofish!.)
RE: Ranting corner
(18-01-2015 04:03 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Pt down the hall self extubated a little while ago. So at least there was a little excitement. But it wasn't my patient, so I only got to help initially. I heard the vent alarming, the patient was hanging out with the tube in his mouth with lots of yummy secretions, and his body half out of the bed. So I grabbed the bag valve mask... Which was missing the mask on the bag... Don't know who the fuck misplaced the mask, but that shit ain't cool.

Somebody code already. I'm soooo bored. Ok. I don't want patients to code. But if they're going to, it would be nice to do that now. Before I have to get my ass up and do work at 5.

And I'm on cup #6.

Had a girlfriend once who was a cardio thoracic scrub nurse (heart transplants, valves, aortic aneurysms, major trauma). She used to come home with some stories that would have my jaw permanently on the floor.

Like the time she held onto some young guy's aorta to stop him bleeding out. Left me with the deepest respect for what you guys do, but with a twist...she taught me an unexpected lesson (well, I was young and idiotic then).

In the midst of my usual "you guys are (metaphorical) angels" speech, she reminded me that at midnight, when she needed to get her money out of a wall, she was grateful to all those people who were computer programmers. And shop assistants...and teachers...and train drivers....

Some of her stories were hilarious though, like the time some guy came in for heart surgery who had a tattoo of Christ on the cross emblazoned on his chest.

After they sewed him back up, all that remained were the two arms, seemingly one coming out of the other...

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like gofish!'s post
19-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Ranting corner
Go into work. Boss asks, "How was your weekend, Clockwork?"

"Pretty damn good. "

" Aha. You got lucky, huh?"

Really, slapnuts? Frigging idjit.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
19-01-2015, 05:37 PM
New boss at work - are you stupid?

If you ask me why an entry was made the way it was and I say that I don't know because it was made by someone else nearly six months before I started working there - the answer isn't going to come to me in a vision during your nice, long lunch break.

And don't get all pissy with me about it either.

BTW - I got your bigoted remark about the 'Asian' auditor the first time you said it. I didn't need to hear it again today.

FUCK! I hate people.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
19-01-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 07:32 PM by Lienda Bella.)
(19-01-2015 05:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  New boss at work - are you stupid?

If you ask me why an entry was made the way it was and I say that I don't know because it was made by someone else nearly six months before I started working there - the answer isn't going to come to me in a vision during your nice, long lunch break.

And don't get all pissy with me about it either.

BTW - I got your bigoted remark about the 'Asian' auditor the first time you said it. I didn't need to hear it again today.

FUCK! I hate people.

Dodgy Eew. I would be mad at them to. How rude.
21-01-2015, 06:56 AM
Can't make this shit up - There is a FaceBook page that I have in my feed that is a garage sale type page. People post things to sell, messages go back and forth...well there was a woman that made a post warning people about a certain person who said they wanted something and then rescheduled several times. When the seller said they had to let it go to the next person the 'buyer' started sending nasty messages.

Here's a response from another follower of the page:

The devil is getting to way to many people. We just need alot more prayers that more ppl seek God l, so we get rid of evil slowly..
5 hrs ยท

And another by the same person:

I would have texted her saying sorry thats how u feel about me and everything ill be praying for u. Dont let other get to you.. I'm trying not to..I'll be praying

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Deer. Why are there so fucking many of them? Saw a couple up close last night as I was driving. Not a fun experience. Had to pull over and give myself a moment, I was so freaked out... No
21-01-2015, 08:54 AM
(21-01-2015 08:51 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Deer. Why are there so fucking many of them? Saw a couple up close last night as I was driving. Not a fun experience. Had to pull over and give myself a moment, I was so freaked out... No

They are damned frustrating.

I can't find any good deer jerky. No one at work makes it. Lots of people made it at Huntsville.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
21-01-2015, 04:23 PM
(21-01-2015 08:51 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Deer. Why are there so fucking many of them? Saw a couple up close last night as I was driving. Not a fun experience. Had to pull over and give myself a moment, I was so freaked out... No

They're gathering their forces.

[Image: enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
21-01-2015, 04:44 PM

[Image: YoungBuckHuh.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
21-01-2015, 05:06 PM
I'm just gonna leave this here to stew and marinate.

I wouldn't read tooooo much into it, though what assumptions you arrive at due to me posting this picture is entirely up to you.

[Image: 14_Honda_CBR300R_1.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]