Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-01-2015, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 22-01-2015 08:53 AM by Full Circle.)
RE: Ranting corner
(22-01-2015 01:21 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Sorry I missed this thread. I had the same issue and found that a blowtorch and a putty knife worked a dream removing old plastic nuts. Possibly a little safer? Smile

Your tardiness may have helped avoid this...

[Image: hair-on-fire.jpg]

Moms Halloween costume for this year
[Image: 1466847756_349a169ca2_b.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-01-2015, 02:31 PM
(22-01-2015 07:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't fucking sleep! Again! I'm gawddamne tired, but sleep is not in the cards, apparently!

ARGH! Why can't I sleep?!?!

Nursey's advice looks sound, but if it is thoughts or worries (or those damn voices....the voices....why do they come to me to die?), you may need a distraction.

A movie you know well but don't mind watching again does the trick for some people. Works for me when I'm worried about stuff.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
22-01-2015, 03:47 PM
(22-01-2015 07:49 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(22-01-2015 07:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I can't fucking sleep! Again! I'm gawddamne tired, but sleep is not in the cards, apparently!

Because you're sitting at the computer.
Turn it off and go to bed. Tongue

Clever...

(22-01-2015 08:13 AM)Nurse Wrote:  

Cover up any electronics with blue lights. If melatonin is over the counter down under, 3-6 mg should help get ya sleepy without you waking up with a medicine hangover. While you wait for the pill to kick in, some ahem stress relief. And then you should be able to sleep for a while. Big Grin

I just wait too long before taking something, and then I don't have enough time for the effects of the pill to wear off before I have to wake up for work.

I do cover up my laptop (which I use at night to drown out the omnipresent ear-screeching) as much as possible already, while still allowing some light through, which 'helps' because my brain apparently hates sleep as it loves to show me shit when I close my eyes in the dark...
There's not much I can do about the street-light outside my window though...

A few years back, I did suggest sleeping pills to a parent for my sleep problems, but he refused to allow me any; dangerous and habit-forming he said. There are plenty of such pills at the local supermarket but I've never seen things like melatonin before, maybe I'll have a look for some.

(22-01-2015 02:31 PM)gofish! Wrote:  

Nursey's advice looks sound, but if it is thoughts or worries (or those damn voices....the voices....why do they come to me to die?), you may need a distraction.

A movie you know well but don't mind watching again does the trick for some people. Works for me when I'm worried about stuff.

You say that as if I think thoughts... Consider

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
22-01-2015, 06:45 PM
I'm convinced they don't deliver our mail daily.

I think the mail person skips our area at their whim. At least once a week I've got no mail, sometimes two days in a row. Then the next day the box is full.

I'm expecting movies from Netflix today...plus bills that arrive like clockwork -- tax crap, not a day goes by without junk mail.

Today, the box is empty.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Newman!
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
22-01-2015, 07:01 PM
(22-01-2015 06:58 PM)pablo Wrote:  Newman!

I had that thought.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-01-2015, 07:55 PM
I have to go check on my mother in law who refuses to answer a phone.

I think her boyfriend is still there. Not sure tho.

She left a message on husband's voice mail saying she got news from the doctor she didn't expect.

Nothing else. Facepalm

22-01-2015, 07:56 PM
(22-01-2015 06:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm convinced they don't deliver our mail daily.

I think the mail person skips our area at their whim. At least once a week I've got no mail, sometimes two days in a row. Then the next day the box is full.

I'm expecting movies from Netflix today...plus bills that arrive like clockwork -- tax crap, not a day goes by without junk mail.

Today, the box is empty.

They do that at my house too! Really pisses me off.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-01-2015, 08:27 PM
(22-01-2015 06:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm convinced they don't deliver our mail daily.

Today, the box is empty.

Yeah, I hate that when it happens!

The postman misses delivery on two specific days literally every week!

Oh wait... Weekends don't count, do they? Blush

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-01-2015, 10:35 PM
(22-01-2015 08:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Today, the box is empty.

Yeah, I hate that when it happens!

The postman misses delivery on two specific days literally every week!

Oh wait... Weekends don't count, do they? Blush

We get mail on Saturdays. Angel