Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-01-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-01-2015 04:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  Spent 3 hours clearing snow this morning. Another 6" has fallen since. Censored

Official snow totals as of 4PM were 32" in Middlesex County (my front yard) and 33" in Worcester County (house and back yard).
I have 5+ foot drifts. Angry

[Image: Jan27 3PM.jpg]

That looks positively awful.

Stay safe.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2015, 04:44 PM
(26-01-2015 05:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-01-2015 04:55 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Nope, not at all.

Hated, maybe. Not hateful. Drinking Beverage

Quote:We wuvs you here.

Not including you, it would appear. Consider

<3
27-01-2015, 04:46 PM
So 28 hour paycheck for two weeks sucks giant donkey balls. I have a budget of $5 a day for food for the next 2 weeks. ><
I don't think work understands that they're now my only source of income and 4 days work (2 of which were late starts) in 2 weeks is not gonna pay the rent (well it did, barely, but I can't pay for anything else now.. Dodgy ).

[Image: oscar.png]
27-01-2015, 04:53 PM
(27-01-2015 04:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So 28 hour paycheck for two weeks sucks giant donkey balls. I have a budget of $5 a day for food for the next 2 weeks. ><
I don't think work understands that they're now my only source of income and 4 days work (2 of which were late starts) in 2 weeks is not gonna pay the rent (well it did, barely, but I can't pay for anything else now.. Dodgy ).

Want my recipes for red beans and rice?

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
27-01-2015, 05:32 PM
(27-01-2015 04:22 PM)Chas Wrote:  Spent 3 hours clearing snow this morning. Another 6" has fallen since. Censored

Official snow totals as of 4PM were 32" in Middlesex County (my front yard) and 33" in Worcester County (house and back yard).
I have 5+ foot drifts. Angry

[Image: Jan27 3PM.jpg]

Hey- my house is yellow, too. Shy

Yikes! Buncha snow there, Chas. Bummer. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
27-01-2015, 06:42 PM
(27-01-2015 04:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 04:00 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I find this incredibly hilarious.

I said he should just shit in a gallon bag, drop that off to lab.

He thought that would be hysterical.

Draw a Latin cross on top and label it "HOLY SHIT."
27-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Got stuck on the elevator at work today for about 10 minutes. That was about the limit before I would have lost my mind and tried to dismantle the damn thing with whatever I could find in my purse. Not sure how successful I would have been with a couple barrettes and pens. I may have to start wearing a tool belt.

Claustrophobia and a stuck elevator isn't a good combination. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
28-01-2015, 07:53 AM
(27-01-2015 05:32 PM)kim Wrote:  Hey- my house is yellow, too. Shy

Yikes! Buncha snow there, Chas. Bummer. Drinking Beverage

Yellow snow?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Well, I had a panic attack.

School called, one of those lovely robo calls saying my son missed his first period class this morning. I called the school, kept getting shuffled to voicemails. Grrrr

Now, my rational side kept saying its a mistake, don't freak....

The irrational mom side goes totally in the opposite direction. I dropped him off at the usual spot at the normal time, but did I see him actually go into the building?

Now, I know he's in high school and it sounds silly, but he's also in the special needs classroom a good chunk of the day.

My mind instantly goes all haywire.

I finally talk to a human, who transfers me to another human who can't tell me if he's in school or not. Censored

Finally she transfers me to his (special needs) teacher, who explains it was an error, he's got a different first period teacher now, and that teacher will fix the problem. Blah blah blah....

Yes, he's in school. All is well. He was just accidentally marked absent, it happens...

But still it freaked me out. Sadcryface

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-01-2015, 01:26 PM
So...

Wake up to one of my cats desperately scratching and meowing at my door. Damn cat wants food. I then become keenly aware of a sharp pain and tightness around my left shoulder blade. fantuckingfastic, probably got a nerve while I was sleeping.....

(28-01-2015 01:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, I had a panic attack.

School called, one of those lovely robo calls saying my son missed his first period class this morning. I called the school, kept getting shuffled to voicemails. Grrrr

Now, my rational side kept saying its a mistake, don't freak....

The irrational mom side goes totally in the opposite direction. I dropped him off at the usual spot at the normal time, but did I see him actually go into the building?

Now, I know he's in high school and it sounds silly, but he's also in the special needs classroom a good chunk of the day.

My mind instantly goes all haywire.

I finally talk to a human, who transfers me to another human who can't tell me if he's in school or not. Censored

Finally she transfers me to his (special needs) teacher, who explains it was an error, he's got a different first period teacher now, and that teacher will fix the problem. Blah blah blah....

Yes, he's in school. All is well. He was just accidentally marked absent, it happens...

But still it freaked me out. Sadcryface

More than once I got a dressing down from my parents after I got to school late or was marked absent by mistake. Always annoyed the fuck out of me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.