Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-01-2015, 01:33 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-01-2015 01:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, I had a panic attack.

School called, one of those lovely robo calls saying my son missed his first period class this morning. I called the school, kept getting shuffled to voicemails. Grrrr

Now, my rational side kept saying its a mistake, don't freak....

The irrational mom side goes totally in the opposite direction. I dropped him off at the usual spot at the normal time, but did I see him actually go into the building?

Now, I know he's in high school and it sounds silly, but he's also in the special needs classroom a good chunk of the day.

My mind instantly goes all haywire.

I finally talk to a human, who transfers me to another human who can't tell me if he's in school or not. Censored

Finally she transfers me to his (special needs) teacher, who explains it was an error, he's got a different first period teacher now, and that teacher will fix the problem. Blah blah blah....

Yes, he's in school. All is well. He was just accidentally marked absent, it happens...

But still it freaked me out. Sadcryface

Glad that turned out ok. Rational side vs Mom side. I've been there myself though not with a special needs child.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-01-2015, 01:37 PM
(28-01-2015 01:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So...

Wake up to one of my cats desperately scratching and meowing at my door. Damn cat wants food. I then become keenly aware of a sharp pain and tightness around my left shoulder blade. fantuckingfastic, probably got a nerve while I was sleeping.....

(28-01-2015 01:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, I had a panic attack.

School called, one of those lovely robo calls saying my son missed his first period class this morning. I called the school, kept getting shuffled to voicemails. Grrrr

Now, my rational side kept saying its a mistake, don't freak....

The irrational mom side goes totally in the opposite direction. I dropped him off at the usual spot at the normal time, but did I see him actually go into the building?

Now, I know he's in high school and it sounds silly, but he's also in the special needs classroom a good chunk of the day.

My mind instantly goes all haywire.

I finally talk to a human, who transfers me to another human who can't tell me if he's in school or not. Censored

Finally she transfers me to his (special needs) teacher, who explains it was an error, he's got a different first period teacher now, and that teacher will fix the problem. Blah blah blah....

Yes, he's in school. All is well. He was just accidentally marked absent, it happens...

But still it freaked me out. Sadcryface

More than once I got a dressing down from my parents after I got to school late or was marked absent by mistake. Always annoyed the fuck out of me.

Sorry about getting woke by a hungry kitty.

Yeah, the rational side kept saying 'you got calls, never during the day always at night, like this when older kid was in high school. He'd just go and fix it.' Then irrational mom side barked what if someone talked him into NOT going to school. He's also not very capable of sorting out that kind of mess...at least on his own...

And there goes irrational mom flying off...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-01-2015, 01:45 PM
(28-01-2015 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 01:26 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So...

Wake up to one of my cats desperately scratching and meowing at my door. Damn cat wants food. I then become keenly aware of a sharp pain and tightness around my left shoulder blade. fantuckingfastic, probably got a nerve while I was sleeping.....

More than once I got a dressing down from my parents after I got to school late or was marked absent by mistake. Always annoyed the fuck out of me.

Sorry about getting woke by a hungry kitty.

Yeah, the rational side kept saying 'you got calls, never during the day always at night, like this when older kid was in high school. He'd just go and fix it.' Then irrational mom side barked what if someone talked him into NOT going to school. He's also not very capable of sorting out that kind of mess...at least on his own...

"Wait... When I dropped him off, I could have sworn there was a van close-by..."

And thanks... The damn cat has plenty of dry food in his bowl. After a while of letting of him be affectionate and such and roam around my room I get up and put a little new dry food in the bowl and he is at it immediately.

The fuck is wrong with the old dry food, cat?! It's the same brand and everything! Are you blind or just trying to piss me off?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-01-2015, 01:47 PM
(28-01-2015 01:45 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 01:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Sorry about getting woke by a hungry kitty.

"Wait... When I dropped him off, I could have sworn there was a van close-by..."

And thanks... The damn cat has plenty of dry food in his bowl. After a while of letting of him be affectionate and such and roam around my room I get up and put a little new dry food in the bowl and he is at it immediately.

The fuck is wrong with the old dry food, cat?! It's the same brand and everything! Are you blind or just trying to piss me off?

Just the cat's way of showing you who's really the boss.

28-01-2015, 01:51 PM
(28-01-2015 01:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 01:45 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  "Wait... When I dropped him off, I could have sworn there was a van close-by..."

Just the cat's way of showing you who's really the boss.

Despite their posturing, I feel pretty comfortable in the position of relative command when it comes to the cats.

Sure, they don't listen to me, but they know not to incur my ire.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-01-2015, 02:01 PM
(28-01-2015 01:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 01:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Just the cat's way of showing you who's really the boss.

Despite their posturing, I feel pretty comfortable in the position of relative command when it comes to the cats.

I fell down the steps in my house a couple of days ago and twisted my ankle. While I was moaning at the bottom of the steps my cat, Figaro, came over and meowed loudly at me. Aww. He's concerned, I thought. That's so sweet. He continued to meow until my daughter helped me wrap some ice on my foot and I sat down. What a cat!

Except, now I'm hobbling around with a black and blue swollen foot and he expects me to keep his food bowl full of food and his water always fresh. What happened to the concerned kitty? Jeez. Now I know it's all about his stomach.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-01-2015, 02:03 PM
(28-01-2015 02:01 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 01:51 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Despite their posturing, I feel pretty comfortable in the position of relative command when it comes to the cats.

I fell down the steps in my house a couple of days ago and twisted my ankle. While I was moaning at the bottom of the steps my cat, Figaro, came over and meowed loudly at me. Aww. He's concerned, I thought. That's so sweet. He continued to meow until my daughter helped me wrap some ice on my foot and I sat down. What a cat!

Except, now I'm hobbling around with a black and blue swollen foot and he expects me to keep his food bowl full of food and his water always fresh. What happened to the concerned kitty? Jeez. Now I know it's all about his stomach.

I read 'black and blue' and thought 'why are you not in a hospital'...

28-01-2015, 04:16 PM
(27-01-2015 04:53 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 04:46 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So 28 hour paycheck for two weeks sucks giant donkey balls. I have a budget of $5 a day for food for the next 2 weeks. ><
I don't think work understands that they're now my only source of income and 4 days work (2 of which were late starts) in 2 weeks is not gonna pay the rent (well it did, barely, but I can't pay for anything else now.. Dodgy ).

Want my recipes for red beans and rice?

Thanks but no thanks (not a bean fan), this isn't my first rodeo honey cheeks.

[Image: oscar.png]
28-01-2015, 05:31 PM
(28-01-2015 04:16 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-01-2015 04:53 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Want my recipes for red beans and rice?

Thanks but no thanks (not a bean fan), this isn't my first rodeo honey cheeks.

Meh, been there done that, too.

[Image: 61pB%2Bds-KEL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]

I'd send my copy of this to you with a jar of Slap Ya Mama, but many of the ingredients are things you'd probably find in just the American Southeast. Tongue

As far as the red beans and rice, I don't know if you would have access to the necessary Cajun spices anyway.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
28-01-2015, 06:23 PM
I'd like a toaster that actually toasts the bread instead of simply warming it.

If I set it higher, it incinerates.

Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post