Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-01-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(28-01-2015 06:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'd like a toaster that actually toasts the bread instead of simply warming it.

If I set it higher, it incinerates.

Facepalm

The last time I allowed my niece to use my toaster she put whatever she was trying to toast on a paper plate, in it, and set the whole thing on fire! Undecided
Gawdam white fire-extinguisher shit gets E'ERwhere! Angry

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-01-2015, 06:46 PM
(28-01-2015 06:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 06:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'd like a toaster that actually toasts the bread instead of simply warming it.

Facepalm

The last time I allowed my niece to use my toaster she put whatever she was trying to toast on a paper plate, in it, and set the whole thing on fire! Undecided

Oh wow. That shit is a bitch to clean up too.

I'm particular about toasters. It should accommodate four regular slices of bread or two loaf sized pieces. It should also be wide enough to handle bagels.

It's a tall order.

But above all else, it should fucking toast the bread.

I just made "toast" and had it put it down a second time, because the first time just warmed it.

The second time set off the smoke alarm.

Kids, dog all come running into the kitchen.

Seriously what the hell was I thinking?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-01-2015, 06:48 PM
Ordered some things at work that were delivered a couple weeks ago. I didn't receive an invoice and called to follow up since I was told that they now charge late fees. I asked for a copy of the invoice and for it to be noted that I didn't receive the invoice until nearly three weeks after the fact. I was sent the invoice and I responded with a thank you.

This is the response I received - please tell me how you can stay employed when your communication skills are as follows:

You welcome. I made not that I sent the invoice late so. I you recieve anything about charges shot me an email.

Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-01-2015, 06:53 PM
(28-01-2015 06:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 06:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  The last time I allowed my niece to use my toaster she put whatever she was trying to toast on a paper plate, in it, and set the whole thing on fire! Undecided

Oh wow. That shit is a bitch to clean up too.

I'm particular about toasters. It should accommodate four regular slices of bread or two loaf sized pieces. It should also be wide enough to handle bagels.

It's a tall order.

But above all else, it should fucking toast the bread.

I just made "toast" and had it put it down a second time, because the first time just warmed it.

The second time set off the smoke alarm.

Kids, dog all come running into the kitchen.

Seriously what the hell was I thinking?

My new one has a timer, and a temp guage! The top setting just says "toast"! Laugh out load
Easy peasy! Shy Can only fit 2 peices of bread at a time, tho! Sad

28-01-2015, 06:58 PM
I've never really had much trouble with toast.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
28-01-2015, 07:00 PM
(28-01-2015 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ordered some things at work that were delivered a couple weeks ago. I didn't receive an invoice and called to follow up since I was told that they now charge late fees. I asked for a copy of the invoice and for it to be noted that I didn't receive the invoice until nearly three weeks after the fact. I was sent the invoice and I responded with a thank you.

This is the response I received - please tell me how you can stay employed when your communication skills are as follows:

You welcome. I made not that I sent the invoice late so. I you recieve anything about charges shot me an email.

Facepalm

Wft? I hope at least they were drunk or something.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-01-2015, 07:00 PM
(28-01-2015 06:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  

Facepalm

Wait... what?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
28-01-2015, 07:02 PM
(28-01-2015 07:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 06:48 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ordered some things at work that were delivered a couple weeks ago. I didn't receive an invoice and called to follow up since I was told that they now charge late fees. I asked for a copy of the invoice and for it to be noted that I didn't receive the invoice until nearly three weeks after the fact. I was sent the invoice and I responded with a thank you.

Facepalm

Wft? I hope at least they were drunk or something.

I had just spoken with her on the phone minutes before. Didn't sound drunk and I didn't detect an accent. It seemed to me that English is her first language, it just didn't translate well into the written word. Thankfully, I knew what she was trying to say.

But still - Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-01-2015, 07:04 PM

Facepalm

Husband likes toast that looks (and tastes) like charcoal. I inevitably forget that and end up with charred bread on the first attempt at making toast for myself.

28-01-2015, 07:05 PM
(28-01-2015 07:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(28-01-2015 06:30 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  The last time I allowed my niece to use my toaster she put whatever she was trying to toast on a paper plate, in it, and set the whole thing on fire! Undecided

Wait... what?

I don't know exactly what she did, but there was a semi-incinerated piece of food, and the tiny remains of a paper plate, when the cloud of white dissipated! All that got burned outside the toaster itself was just a little blackened area on the counter, and the wall behind it, but I don't fuck around with fire.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post