Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-02-2015, 09:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-02-2015 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 10:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like my nature experiences restricted to television. Like a normal person.

The only reason I ever saw a cow as a kid was because they brought one to our school.

The first time living here I saw a deer with antlers I thought it was lawn jockey our freakish neighbors had -- then it moved. I screamed and ran home -- locked the door behind me.

I refused to collect the mail for a week.

You are not normal. Drinking Beverage

Or possibly you are the new normal. Weeping

Gasp

*sigh*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 03:32 PM
(04-02-2015 09:24 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 06:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  You are not normal. Drinking Beverage

Or possibly you are the new normal. Weeping

Gasp

*sigh*

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-02-2015, 03:44 PM
(03-02-2015 11:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 10:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This baffles me, you're really missing out. I'm with Zeke on this, I'm all for nature right in my face. I love animals. And what the fuck do you have against ducks?
Chickens and ducks are the best. I can get behind hating geese though, and swans, those fuckers are aggressive as hell. But ducks and chickens are so cute and adorable and can be very friendly and well tamed.
I'm sure I've told the story about the chicken I had growing up that would come inside and sit on my lap.

Animals are a pretty amazing part of our world. It's a shame you're missing out.

Trees are like evil monsters that scare the shit out of me.

Ducks are dirty filthy creatures that shit everywhere and make fuck ton of noise.

Geese are just nasty.

Chickens are fine....I really don't have a problem with them. Just don't ask me to like touch them or something.

I see all those animals each fucking day.

Woodpeckers fucking wake me up at the butt crack of dawn drilling on our rain gutters. Nevermind I'm surrounded by a fucking forest.

We've had starlings that nested in our attic...big fucking mess. Their poop is toxic...we had to send the kid up there to clear dead bird bodies after the entrance was sealed off. Legally we can shoot those birds. It's the only reason I would consider owning a gun. Unfortunately I can't shoot the woodpeckers.

robins fucked my clothes dryer because they built a nest in the dryer vent.

We've had mice that has been a constant battle..I live by the forest.

We've had beavers create a wetland behind our house...they're actually considered a nuisance and frequently relocated.

The coyotes are fucking noisy and terrifying sounding at night.

I've heard animals fucking die outside. Like screaming and screeching followed by the sound of crunching bone.

I don't have a problem with animals. I watch nature shows on tv all the time. I just never wanted to live around them.

The possums steal the fruit off our trees and the birds eat all my blue berries and cherries.

The raccoons are nasty pests.

I actually liked the *idea* of living around nature when we first talked about moving here. I never thought i'd be in a constant battle with it.

[Image: EM9rl6c.gif]

Moms, move to the city where you can avoid most of these animal encounters and enjoy bumper to bumper traffic, random violence, robbers, rudeness and exhaust fumes. To each her own I guess. Me, I like swimming with shit that can eat you.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
04-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Ranting corner
Not really a rant per se...
Remember the ex-girlfriend whose status I shared, about her saying Satan wouldn't stop her going to her class yadda yadda? And how she loves dinosaurs yet believes they weren't real?
She got a new laptop after asking me my recommendations (and took them). She asked me to meet her Saturday.

Now, here's the thing: We're still friends, but I can't help but think about her brain. She's an intelligent woman in general. When we were together we didn't discuss religion. In fact, she definitely wasn't ultra-Christian. (No, not in that way.)

I don't want to get back with her, but I can't help wonder how she reconciles intelligence and the backwards anti-dinosaur sort of thinking.
04-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Yea, I agree with FC on this, Moms.

Somehow, the wild of the city is a lot more dangerous than the wild of the wild. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
04-02-2015, 05:59 PM
We are at the outer edge of Dallas. I love that we have lots of birds around here. Everything from little finches to hawks and buzzards. I came home from work one day to find a hawk sitting on the fence eating a mouse.

The cat we got keeps the mice out of the house so that's a plus. We have squirrels and the occasional opossum in the back yard. We have loads of bunnies every spring but the damn coyotes often get to them.

I can drive just out of the subdivision and see longhorns, horses, camels, zebras, llamas, emus...never really know what I might see just a short way from the house.

I wouldn't like living where there's no wildlife. I would hate that - except for snakes - they can just go right to hell. Finding one in the pool was a heart-stopper. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-02-2015, 07:55 PM
So I washed and dried my bedroom slippers. I took them out and sat them beside the bed.

Then because it nearly time to pick up my kid at school I left them there.

I came home, did some stuff around the house, and was just about to start dinner....

Meanwhile I heard the dog, lick lick lick in the living room.

I walked in there, he runs passed me with something his mouth and his tail between his legs. (it's his guilty walk of shame)

I yell...."leave it."

He dropped the thing and slinked away.

He had one of my bedroom slippers.

He doesn't chew stuff up...he played with it and licked it.

It's soaking wet with dog slobber....

It smells like....him.

Meanwhile upstairs....I can hear "lick lick lick."

Goddamnit, he's got the other one. Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-02-2015, 07:58 PM
You know what I hate?
Stupid people or people saying stupid things.

As you can imagine, such happened today. As I was preparing to leave to go to the local shopping centre to check the price of a soon-necessary new keyboard, I opened my door and my brother was standing there. He stated that he though I had already gone, I correct him and he complains about my going, because it is "hot". I fob off his insane concerns about my walking in the mild warmth and he blurts out "If you die, I'll be sad."
Fucking moron. It's 34 degrees at the moment! (For those of you who refuse to take part in modernity, that's 93 degrees.) I once again fob off the frankly moronic concern, telling him "You do realise that for the last 6 years, I've lived walking in much worse than this?" Adding "How could I die?" He claims dehydration. Who the fuck dies of dehydration on 34 degree days?! I've certainly never seen any such report! Plus it's at most a fucking hour round-trip with ample water supplies at the shops. If it was in the 40-s I might concede the vague possibility, but it's not and he should fucking know that while I am light-years away from being among the sharp tools in the shed, I'm not quite so stupid as to walk voluntarily in such temperature ranges.

It's such a stunningly retarded fucking suggestion! Of course, this isn't the first brain-numbingly stupid thing he's come up with and given gems like "If science is so great why do people die" as competition it's far from the worst, but really! What did I do to deserve such inanity!?

For those who might be curious; yes I did manage to walk to and from the shops without dying. It must surely have been a miracle!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
05-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Will, just avoid going out during.the hottest hours, from around noon to the first hours of the afternoon.

What time did you go out?

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
05-02-2015, 08:10 PM
(05-02-2015 08:02 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Will, just avoid going out during.the hottest hours, from around noon to the first hours of the afternoon.

What time did you go out?

I left around 11 got back about 11:50.
I fail to see how it matters because 34 degrees is not murderously hot by any reasonable non-foreigner standards.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.