Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-02-2015, 08:12 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-02-2015 07:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So I washed and dried my bedroom slippers. I took them out and sat them beside the bed.

Then because it nearly time to pick up my kid at school I left them there.

I came home, did some stuff around the house, and was just about to start dinner....

Meanwhile I heard the dog, lick lick lick in the living room.

I walked in there, he runs passed me with something his mouth and his tail between his legs. (it's his guilty walk of shame)

I yell...."leave it."

He dropped the thing and slinked away.

He had one of my bedroom slippers.

He doesn't chew stuff up...he played with it and licked it.

It's soaking wet with dog slobber....

It smells like....him.

Meanwhile upstairs....I can hear "lick lick lick."

Goddamnit, he's got the other one. Facepalm

"But moooooom you said to drop the left one. You didn't say anything about the right one!!!" Laugh out load

Sounds like they'll need another trip thru the washer Tongue

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
06-02-2015, 06:41 AM
(05-02-2015 07:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You know what I hate?
Stupid people or people saying stupid things.

As you can imagine, such happened today. As I was preparing to leave to go to the local shopping centre to check the price of a soon-necessary new keyboard, I opened my door and my brother was standing there. He stated that he though I had already gone, I correct him and he complains about my going, because it is "hot". I fob off his insane concerns about my walking in the mild warmth and he blurts out "If you die, I'll be sad."
Fucking moron. It's 34 degrees at the moment! (For those of you who refuse to take part in modernity, that's 93 degrees.) I once again fob off the frankly moronic concern, telling him "You do realise that for the last 6 years, I've lived walking in much worse than this?" Adding "How could I die?" He claims dehydration. Who the fuck dies of dehydration on 34 degree days?! I've certainly never seen any such report! Plus it's at most a fucking hour round-trip with ample water supplies at the shops. If it was in the 40-s I might concede the vague possibility, but it's not and he should fucking know that while I am light-years away from being among the sharp tools in the shed, I'm not quite so stupid as to walk voluntarily in such temperature ranges.

It's such a stunningly retarded fucking suggestion! Of course, this isn't the first brain-numbingly stupid thing he's come up with and given gems like "If science is so great why do people die" as competition it's far from the worst, but really! What did I do to deserve such inanity!?

For those who might be curious; yes I did manage to walk to and from the shops without dying. It must surely have been a miracle!

You got the brains - did he get the looks? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Four feet of snow on the ground and it was -7°F (-21°C) this morning. Angry

Now another 12" - 18" expected over the next three days. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-02-2015, 12:05 PM
(06-02-2015 12:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Four feet of snow on the ground and it was -7°F (-21°C) this morning. Angry

Now another 12" - 18" expected over the next three days. Weeping

Facepalm

Snow like that is what made me head south back in the early 80s. We had a killer January with blizzards three weekends out of four - the last with 70 below wind chill factors...that was it for me. Having to go get diapers and formula on a snowmobile was not (and still isn't) on my list of things I want to do. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
06-02-2015, 03:46 PM
(06-02-2015 06:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 07:58 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You know what I hate?
Stupid people or people saying stupid things.

As you can imagine, such happened today. As I was preparing to leave to go to the local shopping centre to check the price of a soon-necessary new keyboard, I opened my door and my brother was standing there. He stated that he though I had already gone, I correct him and he complains about my going, because it is "hot". I fob off his insane concerns about my walking in the mild warmth and he blurts out "If you die, I'll be sad."
Fucking moron. It's 34 degrees at the moment! (For those of you who refuse to take part in modernity, that's 93 degrees.) I once again fob off the frankly moronic concern, telling him "You do realise that for the last 6 years, I've lived walking in much worse than this?" Adding "How could I die?" He claims dehydration. Who the fuck dies of dehydration on 34 degree days?! I've certainly never seen any such report! Plus it's at most a fucking hour round-trip with ample water supplies at the shops. If it was in the 40-s I might concede the vague possibility, but it's not and he should fucking know that while I am light-years away from being among the sharp tools in the shed, I'm not quite so stupid as to walk voluntarily in such temperature ranges.

It's such a stunningly retarded fucking suggestion! Of course, this isn't the first brain-numbingly stupid thing he's come up with and given gems like "If science is so great why do people die" as competition it's far from the worst, but really! What did I do to deserve such inanity!?

For those who might be curious; yes I did manage to walk to and from the shops without dying. It must surely have been a miracle!

You got the brains - did he get the looks? Consider

Nope.

But in my opinion, nobody did, so my opinion may be moot..

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-02-2015, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2015 09:10 PM by Lienda Bella.)
It's starting to annoy me how people go into many discussions about hard core Islam doing something bad to other people in general, and they always bring up Christianity to sweep it under the carpet like it's a win against all religion. "Oh! There's a cleric that raped and tortured his daughter, and he got a wrist slap sentence due to his position as a Cleric? Whatever. So about those CHRISTIANS 200 years ago..." Frusty

Excuse me. Limiting it to Christianity is not fighting all forms of religion! Hobo

"Oh, but my family member is a follower." Really? Good for them! I happen to have Christian relatives and used to be one myself. Does that give me the right to shut your mouth about other Christians doing something wrong by trying to distract to something else or out right accuse you of hate speech?

When that one Christian church let a couple of kids die away from the hospital, how exactly does it win points to post something like this. "Yeah. That sucks, but remember those Hindus over there that one time? EHEM? Look at what they did. Gee, that's a rotten religion. (and on about Hindus instead of the dead kids)"

When twelve people get murdered for a stupid drawing, where is the win in being like "That's horrible and all, but let's dwell on Salome Oregon." What the hell for? Are we to demand the witch hunting end in America or something?
Dodgy
06-02-2015, 09:20 PM
I cannot stop sneezing.

Damn sorta mild temperatures have kicked off my damn allergies. the damn grass is growing.

Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
07-02-2015, 12:22 AM
The worst part about cognitive dissonance is when it breaks.

living word
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
07-02-2015, 01:18 AM
(06-02-2015 09:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I cannot stop sneezing.

Damn sorta mild temperatures have kicked off my damn allergies. the damn grass is growing.

Weeping

Fire works well on grass.

Just sayin'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
07-02-2015, 01:46 AM
(07-02-2015 01:18 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(06-02-2015 09:20 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I cannot stop sneezing.

Weeping

Fire works well on grass.

Just sayin'.

But fire has issues with rain.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces