Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-10-2012, 11:50 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Here I go, crying in the middle of class.

FUCK!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2012, 02:03 PM
*Hugs* Smile Bein' a teenager is hard sometimes... I don't miss it.
Find all posts by this user
01-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I wish that Erx would reply to my PM.

asshole.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

01-10-2012, 08:23 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2012 08:28 PM by Atothetheist.)
That's it. It's fucking official. I am now the resident atheist in the whole school. Stopped in the hallway to be asked why hate God. Threatened with Hell, and forced to keep my (reading)glasses hidden for fear of being totally blind.( still haven't gotten an replacement.)

The worst part is, girls won't even look at me. Now, that's a shame.

I don't think I have told you guys this but ever since I realized my real parents gave me up, I have had some serious abandonment issues, and I have a eternal fear of ending up alone with no-one to love. While this may not happen in the future, this is happening now.

I am completely alone. My mom still thinks I am a failure, my friends all have cut ties with me, and I can't even land a single girl to at least be interested. I know this probably should be in the teen section, but I wanted everybody to see this, because I really need some support.

Have you ever felt alone, even when you are in a crowded area like a high school hallway? The stares that are thrown in my direction makes me feel like I am some foreign threat to the other student's existence, and it bugs me that a difference in opinion can change my life so drastically.

In short, for the first time since the orphanage, I have never felt this alone.

I certainly hope this passes and they will get over my views, but I don't see that happening when the religious teacher keeps trying to start a debate with me.

Ugh.... Now you know why I am on here constantly.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
01-10-2012, 08:24 PM
I love you Ato.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

01-10-2012, 08:28 PM
(01-10-2012 08:23 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That's it. It's fucking official. I am now the resident atheist in the whole school. Stopped in the hallway to be asked why hate God. Threatened with Hell, and forced to keep my (reading)glasses hidden for fear of being totally blind.( still haven't gotten an replacement.)

I don't think I have told you guys this but ever since I realized my real parents gave me up, I have had some serious abandonment issues, and I have a eternal fear of ending up alone with know one to love. While this may not happen in the future, this is happening now.

I am completely alone. My mom still thinks I am a failure, my friends all have cut ties with me, and I can't even land a single girl to at least be interested. I know this probably should be in the teen section, but I wanted everybody to see this, because I really need some support.

Have you ever felt alone, even when you are in a crowded area like a high school hallway? The stares that are thrown in my direction makes me feel like I am some foreign threat to the other student's existence, and it bugs me that a difference in opinion can change my life so drastically.

I certainly hope this passes and they will get over my views, but I don't see that happening when the religious teacher keeps trying to start a debate with me.

School feels like forever, believe me I know. But soon it will be a distant memory. You'll have your own life and be surround with the people you want to be around, not that you have to be around, and things will look a lot better.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
01-10-2012, 08:38 PM
(01-10-2012 08:28 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(01-10-2012 08:23 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  That's it. It's fucking official. I am now the resident atheist in the whole school. Stopped in the hallway to be asked why hate God. Threatened with Hell, and forced to keep my (reading)glasses hidden for fear of being totally blind.( still haven't gotten an replacement.)

I don't think I have told you guys this but ever since I realized my real parents gave me up, I have had some serious abandonment issues, and I have a eternal fear of ending up alone with know one to love. While this may not happen in the future, this is happening now.

School feels like forever, believe me I know. But soon it will be a distant memory. You'll have your own life and be surround with the people you want to be around, not that you have to be around, and things will look a lot better.

Grrr... Now you got me thinking about making my(fine.... our)new Doctor have to face that type of feeling. Plus, that would be a great quote for him to say Hughsie... Might just have to rip that off from ya.

01-10-2012, 09:25 PM
Ato,
I am sorry that things are so crappy for you right now...just remember that high school isn't usually terminal.

We moved to a small, mostly Catholic town just before I started 6th grade. Nearly everyone in town was from the town, as were their parents and grandparents and so on back. My mother was NOT from that town and also was a Methodist (gasp). From the beginning, I was an outsider and that never changed. Since I hadn't been with my class since we were all five years old there was never going to be a way for me to really be accepted as one of their own. I had lived in larger, college towns prior to that move and was used to much more diversity. And I came from public schools and was thrown into Catholic schools. It was and adjustment that I never really managed to pull off.

Also the outsider in the family, frequently grounded or kept at home to hide the bruises, I learned how to be alone. It's not that I wanted it to be that way, there wasn't a choice for me. This was back in the day before anything resembling the Internet. I did whatever I could do to pass the hours and not draw attention to myself.

It was hard, really fucking hard. And so damn lonely. I learned to be okay with my own company and to this day tend to stay to myself as a matter of choice.

Hang in there, study hard...read good books...research things that interest you and even things that don't...you may discover a new interest along the way.

Don't make being Atheist all that you are about.

You can either carry on and stand firm in you non-belief or to make it easier to get through the hell that is high school you can pretend you are something you are not. The thing about pretending to be something other than what you are is that most people can't keep that going. It's exhausting and frustrating. Besides that, if you have to pretend to be what you are not to get someone to like you then they really aren't a true friend.

It hurts my heart to know that you are having to deal with so much pain.

Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
(01-10-2012 09:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Ato,
I am sorry that things are so crappy for you right now...just remember that high school isn't usually terminal.

We moved to a small, mostly Catholic town just before I started 6th grade. Nearly everyone in town was from the town, as were their parents and grandparents and so on back. My mother was NOT from that town and also was a Methodist (gasp). From the beginning, I was an outsider and that never changed. Since I hadn't been with my class since we were all five years old there was never going to be a way for me to really be accepted as one of their own. I had lived in larger, college towns prior to that move and was used to much more diversity. And I came from public schools and was thrown into Catholic schools. It was and adjustment that I never really managed to pull off.

Also the outsider in the family, frequently grounded or kept at home to hide the bruises, I learned how to be alone. It's not that I wanted it to be that way, there wasn't a choice for me. This was back in the day before anything resembling the Internet. I did whatever I could do to pass the hours and not draw attention to myself.

It was hard, really fucking hard. And so damn lonely. I learned to be okay with my own company and to this day tend to stay to myself as a matter of choice.

Hang in there, study hard...read good books...research things that interest you and even things that don't...you may discover a new interest along the way.

Don't make being Atheist all that you are about.

You can either carry on and stand firm in you non-belief or to make it easier to get through the hell that is high school you can pretend you are something you are not. The thing about pretending to be something other than what you are is that most people can't keep that going. It's exhausting and frustrating. Besides that, if you have to pretend to be what you are not to get someone to like you then they really aren't a true friend.

It hurts my heart to know that you are having to deal with so much pain.

Sadcryface

It's not so much as I am letting it define me, but they are using it to define me.

No matter what I do, I seem to always be the "Godless Kid."

Thanks for sharing your story. I like Honesty, and while I may be wanting to do anything, lying about something so... Important as being an atheist is not something I like to do. I value honesty, justice, and intelligence above all things... And I will not be dishonest with my peers about this issue.

01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
It's like a blood soap opera in here all of a sudden.

As someone with SPD and perhaps NPD I really cannot relate to what you're going on about considering I spent my whole High School time trying to get away from my friends. That's why I moved 600kms away (big deal in a tiny country) to the capital city where I knew none of my friends were going to the university down here.

I don't understand why you'd want to be friends with cunts anyway. People are the most overrated thing on this planet. People are constantly looking "for that special someone" or catching up with "their friends Brad and Angelina". Just gets in the way.

Though I have been told recently I need to view shit through other people's eyes, though I really don't see why but whatever, and so for your situation I would say you're probably fucked. Probably should have just kept your mouth shut. Though that's probably not very helpful advise so I would say... nah I got nothing. Short of just going the full nine yards and getting a tshirt off the internet that says "I'm an atheist, and I'm better then you" I'd say just ignore it, carry on with life and when you finish school move as far away as humanly possible and get on with whatever it is you plan on doing in life. I'm sure then you'll then meet some girl, get married and have a million little Ato's and then you'll retire and die.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post