Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-02-2015, 05:24 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Oh come on, we all know every Hobbit likes to smoke. Tongue

[Image: tumblr_m7mn4hFDL01rxr5e4o1_500.gif]

On a serious note, I hope Little Hobbit feels better now. Smile

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
15-02-2015, 05:56 AM
(14-02-2015 07:54 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 07:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's freakin' snowing. Again. Another foot or more. Angry

Could be worse.

It could be snowing entire torsos. And that would be terrible.

[Image: two_feet_of_snow.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
15-02-2015, 07:06 AM
(15-02-2015 12:40 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I can't stand it when people put random LOL's in text messages...or posts.

"Happy V Day lol" "Hope you're having a great day at work lol" "Grammy died lol"

Ok. So the last one is not a quote from the last two days. But still. It makes you sound daft. Dumb is a total mood killer. Lol is for when you're actually laughing out loud. It's really irritating.

It's also irritating being called pet names by someone I don't or barely know. I'm not your baby. Don't call me sweetie.

There will be no round two. Let me think you're quiet instead of stupid. Sheesh. He asked me what my type was and I said smart. "No, physically." Umm, tall, thin, wouldn't look out of place in a kilt. So now he goes and ruins it with the brains. And won't stop texting. What part of "I don't want to date, let's just figure out a time when we're both free to hook up sometime" is so hard to understand? If you're going to text me, be ready to fucking banter. I can't stand constant small talk.

My thoughts are a bit disordered. I'm irritated (third time this post). And I've had 6 cups of coffee.

You know when dynamite gets old and sweats nitroglycerin? That's what you remind me of. Heart

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
15-02-2015, 08:39 AM
(15-02-2015 07:06 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(15-02-2015 12:40 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I can't stand it when people put random LOL's in text messages...or posts.

"Happy V Day lol" "Hope you're having a great day at work lol" "Grammy died lol"

Ok. So the last one is not a quote from the last two days. But still. It makes you sound daft. Dumb is a total mood killer. Lol is for when you're actually laughing out loud. It's really irritating.

It's also irritating being called pet names by someone I don't or barely know. I'm not your baby. Don't call me sweetie.

There will be no round two. Let me think you're quiet instead of stupid. Sheesh. He asked me what my type was and I said smart. "No, physically." Umm, tall, thin, wouldn't look out of place in a kilt. So now he goes and ruins it with the brains. And won't stop texting. What part of "I don't want to date, let's just figure out a time when we're both free to hook up sometime" is so hard to understand? If you're going to text me, be ready to fucking banter. I can't stand constant small talk.

My thoughts are a bit disordered. I'm irritated (third time this post). And I've had 6 cups of coffee.

You know when dynamite gets old and sweats nitroglycerin? That's what you remind me of. Heart

BOOM! HoC gets it!

If a dude I was into texted me something like that - it'd get a response like "Soothe those chest pains and lick me til I detonate" Angel or something else medical and/or nerdy laced with innuendo

Instead of "hope your day goes good my day was so hungover lol" Facepalm

You'd think a guy that speaks four languages and went to one of the best schools in the country could bring more to the table. It's disappointing.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
15-02-2015, 08:46 AM
I read GWG's responses to theist arguments and have only a "like" button and not a "wow, that was just fucking amazing" button to click.

Bowing

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-02-2015, 09:24 AM
(15-02-2015 08:46 AM)unfogged Wrote:  I read GWG's responses to theist arguments and have only a "like" button and not a "wow, that was just fucking amazing" button to click.

Bowing

Clearly we just need to implement a sort of 'best post of the (X period of time here)'.

Only downside is that 9 times out of ten, it'd probably be GWG's posts.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-02-2015, 10:05 AM
I just want to point out the hypocrisy of people who say "Don't download pirated media. It's bad, mmmkay," but then they have no problem going on Youtube and finding full movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and "lyric videos" uploaded by random users.

"Oh, but it's fair use," they might say
I hate to break it to you, but it's probably not fair use, regardless of what the uploader puts in the description box.

"Oh, but it's not really the same as 'downloading,' since it's only stored in my computer's RAM, Page File, AppData\Local\Temp directory, etc."
.......uh huhhhh....sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
15-02-2015, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 15-02-2015 01:37 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Damn damn damn.

Dog woke us up early this morning doing the head shake thing. Constant head shake.

Grrrrrr

Had to take him to the emergency vet.

Wait wait wait...

He's got an fungal infection in his ears.

Which I told them it probably was. They recommend that we clean his ears each week...

Why didn't the regular vet tell us to do that??

Oh and they gave him different meds.

Did I mention I did all this without coffee?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-02-2015, 04:22 PM
Guess who found a job he can apply for? Big Grin
Inbound calls for an insurance agency and they require "several" applicants.

Sitting on my ass all day answering phones? Ahhh yes please!
Beats the shit out carrying around heavy boxes and putting hot wheels cars onto sales pegs (just don't even as, don't even go there because I don't wanna talk about it) and it pays more and it's hours, unlike my current job.

Hmmmm how to write a CV...

[Image: oscar.png]
15-02-2015, 05:00 PM
(15-02-2015 04:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Guess who found a job he can apply for? Big Grin
Inbound calls for an insurance agency and they require "several" applicants.

Sitting on my ass all day answering phones? Ahhh yes please!
Beats the shit out carrying around heavy boxes and putting hot wheels cars onto sales pegs (just don't even as, don't even go there because I don't wanna talk about it) and it pays more and it's hours, unlike my current job.

Hmmmm how to write a CV...

Inbound calls to an insurance company? Like taking customer calls? Heads up, 99% of the people calling will be confused and angry... And you'll have to kiss their ass AND do your job at the same time...

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post