Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-02-2015, 09:09 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(15-02-2015 04:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Guess who found a job he can apply for? Big Grin
Inbound calls for an insurance agency and they require "several" applicants.

Sitting on my ass all day answering phones? Ahhh yes please!
Beats the shit out carrying around heavy boxes and putting hot wheels cars onto sales pegs (just don't even as, don't even go there because I don't wanna talk about it) and it pays more and it's hours, unlike my current job.

Hmmmm how to write a CV...

Oh noes not insurance!!! You will join ranks with me then, Muffsy. Evil_monster Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
16-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Woke up feeling a bit off this morning. Got ready for work anyway. Drove in - it's cold today (not Chas neck of the woods cold but wind chill of 18) dreary and just yuck. Got in the building and pushed the elevator button - legs shaking, stomach swirling. YUCK!

Back home now, migraine meds taken. Got a quilt and dogs who love to nap. Damn, I hate to wake up with a migraine - nasty way to start the day and the week. Angry

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
16-02-2015, 10:30 AM
(16-02-2015 08:53 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-02-2015 08:30 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Here's hoping I make it home without wrecking

Here's hoping the same thing Shy

Just made it in 15 minutes ago. Slid most of the way. Tried going up the mountain - aaaand I started sliding in reverse. So I got out my suitcase and started trying to walk it in my clogs Hobo

A very kind neighbor came outside in his pajama pants and boots, took my suitcase from me, made me coffee to drink in the kitchen with his wife while he got out the 4 - wheeler and then gave me a ride. And he owns a business in my field - one of the offices is in my hometown, another with my former hospital. And he's looking to hire more cardiology nurses. 8-5 sounds pretty sweet. He gave me his business card and told me to send some nurses his way. Big Grin

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
16-02-2015, 11:13 AM
From my bedroom window

Yesterday:
[Image: A83327D4-21C4-48F7-8E9D-B55AD9F7126E_zpsjuf9yzzz.jpg]

Today (NONE of this is snow in the pic):
[Image: C1E4C18A-2620-4918-AA8B-3CB2E8747288_zpsewjriej3.jpg]

See, nothing but ice
[Image: F0034D14-E6D7-4185-BACC-35356D2A19EE_zpsgpotrgzd.jpg]

[Image: 596B5597-5933-47AA-9603-3B187477FE97_zpssdvkscae.jpg]

Should snow tonight which will make it easier to drive to work tomorrow night

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
16-02-2015, 12:01 PM
I hate it when people cause UNNECESSARY drama in friend's lives. Go away bitch. You're not wanted!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-02-2015, 02:01 PM
THE FACT THAT WEBSITES PUT LIMITS ON HOW MANY COUPONS AND OFFER CODES I CAN USE ENRAGES ME

Censored
16-02-2015, 02:04 PM
Apparently I needed to wake up from my medicine induced nap because of a nightmare. Since I seldom remember dreams I assume the migraine meds caused it.

Yeesh.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
16-02-2015, 02:39 PM
So... Yesterday my internet decided to disappear into the ether. This was rather annoying.

What was worse was that due to this sudden failure, I was unable to distract myself from my own little brand of insanity yesterday and whether I like it or not, I have to face it today.

Today I have to go up to my university for what is really the first time, on my own, to attend an 'information session' about my course. For totally irrational reasons, I don't like this: I know I should be getting used to being thrust into situations regarding which I have insufficient information on, it's part of life. But from the very core of my brain, I feel irrationally terrified for reasons I cannot explain.

Now, I had best get to getting ready... Hopefully I can calm my ass down during.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-02-2015, 08:07 AM
I was hella mad yesterday evening.

I had some training Wednesday, my first day of work Friday and I worked noon till close Saturday. I got a majority of register training done, and the assistant manager showed me how to view my time card and stuff in case there's a mess up when I'm clocking in and out. However, both of my managers failed to show me where I could find the work schedule, and me being a noob it completely slipped my mind.

So yesterday I'm driving and I get a text message at 5:11 pm from my manager saying "I have you down working 5 to 8:30, can you make it?" and I'm like "Really nigga" (not verbatim) because you would think that showing your new employee the schedule is one of the first things you do once you give them a job and they are almost fully trained. So she asks if it's convenient for me to come in and, like, I'm driving in sweatpants and a backtrack hoody... But in the end she's like "It's totally fine, I figured ___ forgot to show you how to access the schedule. I've got you covered. etc. etc."

Still, I'm pretty bothered about it because even if it is only a couple of hours, I still could've worked more and gotten more training in; once I'm completely trained I can work more/longer shifts, too.

Dodgy
17-02-2015, 08:15 AM
Nice to see things are on track though Smile Only a minor thing, no worries Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.