Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-10-2012, 01:44 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Had an accounting test today.
Got half way through, knew I couldn't do it (I suck beyond belief at accounting, I just can't get the hang of it) so stopped halfway through a questions and wrote in big letters:
"Two years of this shit and I think it's obvious that I cannot do accounting. So when I open my own business I'll just hire an accountant like every other businessmen. Have a fantastic day."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
02-10-2012, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2012 04:10 AM by depat.)
WOW, I was on a thread and someone with no reasonable purpose posted something after me and to me. It was personally aimed at me and was clear off the mark of the thread topic and had nothing to do with my benign response to the thread topic. It was aimed at me in such a vehemently nasty and personal way that I found it very scarry (psycho).

This person used some information from my profile along with a remark I made about my age on the Cat thread. He negatively referenced my gender, my age and said something about masterbation and me liking it up the ass. This person said nothing else.

I am so disturbed about this that I erased all info. in my profile and made a statement about this on my bio. I feel violated, and I am seriously sorry I gave any information about my personal life anywhere in these threads. What a shame as this limits you getting to know me as well as limiting my freedom to speak.

I've posted on threads where people react with anger, sometimes with hate. This has not bothered me. This particular poster though shows a pathology that appears to require help.
[+] 1 user Likes depat's post
02-10-2012, 02:54 AM
(02-10-2012 02:17 AM)depat Wrote:  WOW, I was on a thread and someone with no reasonable purpose posted something after me and to me. It was personally aimed at me and was clear off the mark of the thread topic and had nothing to do with my benign response to the thread topic. It was aimed at me in such a vehemently nasty and personal way that I found it very scarry (psycho).

This person used some information from my profile along with a remark I made about my age on the Cat thread. He negatively referenced my gender, my age and said something about masterbation and me liking it up the ass. This person said nothing else.

I am so disturbed about this that I erased all info. in my profile and made a statement about this on my bio. I feel violated, and I am seriously sorry I gave any information about my personal life anywhere in these threads. What a shame as this limits you getting to know me as well as limiting my freedom to speak.

I've posted on threads where people react with anger, sometimes with hate. This has not bothered me. This particular poster though shows a patholoy that appears to require help.

If this incident occurred on this forum then please report the relevant post to Stark or Erxomai (use the report button next to the post). Admins or mods will get back to you.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-10-2012, 03:04 AM
morondog:

I really hate to do that as I often see some strange responses in these threads. I will certainly avoid this person and report it if it happens again. Thanks
02-10-2012, 03:18 AM
who was it? we'll sort them out [Image: bring+it+baby.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
02-10-2012, 03:24 AM
At this point, I would rather protect this person's identity. Thanks
02-10-2012, 03:27 AM
why?

if they're being a cunt then all should know.

My money's on Erx, he's a shifty bastard that one.. Dodgy
02-10-2012, 03:53 AM
It's not hard to find who it was. And they can't spell "hear" either.

"Appropriateness" is a bit tricky on a site dedicated to free-speech and maybe some get carried away and cross the line between friendly banter (sledging) and offense. It doesn't happen often.

Maybe something will appear in the Apology Thread?

02-10-2012, 04:08 AM
Yeah, DLJ you're right about appropriateness. Sometimes the banter seems to cross lines, but this is usually between those who know each other.

I simply have no idea where this came from. Thanks.
02-10-2012, 04:52 AM
Would you like me (as a non-official) to send the offender a PM or would you rather leave it?