Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-02-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-02-2015 11:58 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Also, it's like 30 fucking degrees outside and I almost got frost bite when I got gas for my car.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I think our current temperature is 2 degrees (with wind chill of -16). We will not get above single digits until Friday, when the predicted high is a whopping 16 degrees. 30 degrees would feel like a heat wave. Of course, 30 degrees in your neck of the woods might be farther below normal than 2 degrees is for us (Wisconsin).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
18-02-2015, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2015 04:39 PM by Chas.)
(18-02-2015 11:58 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(18-02-2015 10:48 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Well, how do you write them?

Most people do 1 and then a horizontal line over 2. I write mine 1/2 because I write small. Writing them with the slash instead of the straight line is wrong in college, apparently.

:-)

Took my test, it was hella easy this time so I'm pretty confident I passed.

I start my day off with a shit ton of math work and I'm like "Oh I can just come home and relax." Not really. I have a shit ton of math homework from yesterday to do now.

Also, it's like 30 fucking degrees outside and I almost got frost bite when I got gas for my car.

Writing them with a slash is not wrong; your teacher is a dick. Drinking Beverage

An ignorant dick.

[Image: fractionline.GIF]

[Image: gamepreview33_500.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
18-02-2015, 05:03 PM
My throat is sore Sadcryface

Husband noticed he was sick on Sunday. Sure enough, three days later it's my turn. He always gets sick, and then gives it to me, no matter what I do Dodgy I wonder how often I'd even get sick of I didn't always catch shit from him.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
18-02-2015, 05:22 PM
So I'm literally earning money from my video game obs-ehh hobby right now, that's exciting.

step 1: Flat and be childhood friends with the guy that's in charge of the software department at your local electronics store
step 2: Use his staff discount to buy second-hand games for $30
step 3: Play the shit out of those games to fuel lustful desire to play video games
step 4: Once complete, sell games on NZ version of ebay for $50
step 5: ???
step 6: $20 profit and free hobby

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
19-02-2015, 08:27 AM
[Image: e2be7e30-aebf-0131-88ba-0643eb0a60bd.gif...v73KicA%3D]

My boobs are telling me it's cold as fuckin balls outside. If I wanted to deal with subzero wind chill I'd move to goddamn Wisconsin.

I'd rather have my 100F+ with 100% humidity - frozen margarita weather.
Not Day After Tomorrow don't let my tits get frostbite weather.

I'm from Alabama - I don't have the right gear for this - I don't even know how to tie a damn scarf, much less own one. And I left my gloves at home this week. Jesus fucking Christ. And I almost died yesterday while my car fishtailed and picked up speed to 40mph going down a hill of solid fucking ice with nothing but brick mailboxes and deep ditches on either side of the road. Maybe my car can make it into the neighborhood today so I don't have to hoof it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
19-02-2015, 08:33 AM
(19-02-2015 08:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: e2be7e30-aebf-0131-88ba-0643eb0a60bd.gif...v73KicA%3D]

My boobs are telling me it's cold as fuckin balls outside. If I wanted to deal with subzero wind chill I'd move to goddamn Wisconsin.

I'm from Alabama - I don't have the right gear for this - I don't even know how to tie a damn scarf, much less own one. And I left my gloves at home this week. Jesus fucking Christ. And I almost died yesterday while my car fishtailed and picked up speed to 40mph going down a hill of solid fucking ice with nothing but brick mailboxes and deep ditches on either side of the road. Maybe my car can make it into the neighborhood today so I don't have to hoof it.

I feel ya, I am in Newport news Virginia, it is -5 degree F with the wind chill, it is a 1.15 mile walk from the parking lot to the ship....my face is just now defrosting....feels like a thousand pins and needles stabbing my cheeks lol. Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
19-02-2015, 10:05 AM
(19-02-2015 08:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  [Image: e2be7e30-aebf-0131-88ba-0643eb0a60bd.gif...v73KicA%3D]

Yeah, ice sucks. Freezing rain is my all-time least favorite weather. I would much rather have what we're having now -- below zero temperatures, but at least the roads (and sidewalks) are clear and dry. When everything is coated with ice, no form of transportation is safe.
19-02-2015, 10:17 AM
(19-02-2015 08:33 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  I am in Newport news Virginia, it is -5 degree F with the wind chill...

That's not cold.

Wind chill here in the forlorn subarctic wastelands of northern Ontario this morning was -44.

Now that's cold.

... this is my signature!
19-02-2015, 10:24 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2015 10:28 AM by kim.)
Angry
What's wrong with you people!?!

COVER YOUR SKIN!!

You only have one nose and it and the fingertips can be the first to succumb to freeze damage... not to mention the lungs.

Go to the shitty Walgreens or Dollar store and pick up a muffler -long knitted scarf like material- wrap it around your face and secure it beneath your clothing before you step out into the cold.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-02-2015, 10:34 AM
(19-02-2015 10:24 AM)kim Wrote:  Angry
What's wrong with you people!?!

COVER YOUR SKIN!!

You only have one nose and it and the fingertips can be the first to succumb to freeze damage... not to mention the lungs.

Go to the shitty Walgreens or Dollar store and pick up a muffler -long knitted scarf like material- wrap it around your face and secure it beneath your clothing before you step out into the cold.

Or a ski-mask.
They're not just for robbing liquor stores anymore. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post