Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-02-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Ranting corner
So all the way from the shopping mall, I got behind someone who drove painfully slow. The whole way, under the speed limit -- they'd stop randomly to let another car go...Yeah I'm inside my car fumbling with the radio for classical music to calm my ass down to keep from just getting out of my car and screaming at them. It's like how fucking hard is it to just follow the rules of the road. There's NO REASON to go under the speed limit. The weather is fine, roads are dry without any icy spots. Not cold enough for those troubles.

Most people who drive the roads each day know them pretty damn well.

I kept hoping they'd turn off somewhere. There aren't any passing lanes. At one left, they waited for a car to pass that so far down the road three cars could have turned before the car got close enough. Meanwhile, cars are lined up behind me.

As I got closer to home, I stopped bothering to turn on my blinker...No one else was around, just me following the painfully slow car.

Still I kept waiting for them to turn somewhere that I wasn't going. Turned out they LIVE ON OUR STREET. Facepalm When they turned onto our street, and I followed, because I live there too...they started driving super slow....looking in the rear view mirror...Eventually they pulled into their driveway and I just cruised by and pulled into mine a few houses away.

What should have taken me 10 minutes actually took 30. I could have pulled off at the Starbucks, walked in and got a coffee and still would have caught up to them before I got home.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-02-2015, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 19-02-2015 11:38 AM by The Polyglot Atheist.)
(19-02-2015 10:58 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So all the way from the shopping mall, I got behind someone who drove painfully slow. The whole way, under the speed limit -- they'd stop randomly to let another car go...Yeah I'm inside my car fumbling with the radio for classical music to calm my ass down to keep from just getting out of my car and screaming at them. It's like how fucking hard is it to just follow the rules of the road. There's NO REASON to go under the speed limit. The weather is fine, roads are dry without any icy spots. Not cold enough for those troubles.

Most people who drive the roads each day know them pretty damn well.

I kept hoping they'd turn off somewhere. There aren't any passing lanes. At one left, they waited for a car to pass that so far down the road three cars could have turned before the car got close enough. Meanwhile, cars are lined up behind me.

As I got closer to home, I stopped bothering to turn on my blinker...No one else was around, just me following the painfully slow car.

Still I kept waiting for them to turn somewhere that I wasn't going. Turned out they LIVE ON OUR STREET. Facepalm When they turned onto our street, and I followed, because I live there too...they started driving super slow....looking in the rear view mirror...Eventually they pulled into their driveway and I just cruised by and pulled into mine a few houses away.

What should have taken me 10 minutes actually took 30. I could have pulled off at the Starbucks, walked in and got a coffee and still would have caught up to them before I got home.

That is the best part. Big Grin Sorry, but even though it bothered you, I found it to be a funny story. Tongue

However, it's not funny how I always find people with thin skin. ¬_¬

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
19-02-2015, 05:37 PM
So, as expected we didn't move yesterday or today...looking more like a Saturday work day for me. One of the sucky things about being salaried instead of hourly. BLAH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
19-02-2015, 06:19 PM
So turns out I'm pretty decent at darts.
The guys cracked out the ol' dart board at work and brought some darts.
I've beaten a couple guys so far. I just got to beat the grocery lady and than I can face one of the supervisors who currently holds the "championship title".

Not bad for someone who'd never thrown a dart in his life.
19-02-2015, 06:44 PM
(19-02-2015 06:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So turns out I'm pretty decent at darts.
I've beaten a couple guys so far. I just got to beat the grocery lady and than I can face one of the supervisors who currently holds the "championship title".

This could be your path to world domination. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-02-2015, 06:57 PM
(19-02-2015 06:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-02-2015 06:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So turns out I'm pretty decent at darts.

This could be your path to world domination. Consider

Indeed. Consider
19-02-2015, 07:07 PM
Yeah, and you could call yourself Dart Vader. Consider

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 4 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
19-02-2015, 07:12 PM
[Image: Darth_Stewie_by_Creator8979_zpsjhedy3oz.jpg]
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
19-02-2015, 07:44 PM
So, here's my day thus far:
Barely got and sleep; two hours at most. Then the day went pretty normally, until tragedy struck...

As I was going out to check some things in the backyard, I notice my brother sitting on the bathroom floor. He'd thrown up in the hall. I carefully avoid that, notify my mother's defacto as seemed the right thing to do and began cleaning it up; about an hour of towel-wiping, glove changing and steam-cleaning I finished that job, then I had to clean my cats' trays, immediately after which Garfield decided the lower floor needed to be re-stank and used the fresh trays immediately.

I am really hoping that my brother isn't down with anything like gastro... Partly because having gastro fucking sucks and, because I don't want to get sick since I need to be at uni for the next few days for orientation.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
19-02-2015, 07:51 PM
(19-02-2015 07:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, here's my day thus far:
Barely got and sleep; two hours at most. Then the day went pretty normally, until tragedy struck...

As I was going out to check some things in the backyard, I notice my brother sitting on the bathroom floor. He'd thrown up in the hall. I carefully avoid that, notify my mother's defacto as seemed the right thing to do and began cleaning it up; about an hour of towel-wiping, glove changing and steam-cleaning I finished that job, then I had to clean my cats' trays, immediately after which Garfield decided the lower floor needed to be re-stank and used the fresh trays immediately.

I am really hoping that my brother isn't down with anything like gastro... Partly because having gastro fucking sucks and, because I don't want to get sick since I need to be at uni for the next few days for orientation.

I hope whatever it is passes quickly.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces