Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-02-2015, 10:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-02-2015 10:19 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 09:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I don't know what the fuck to do with my life.

And this, folks... Is what it's all about, isn't it?

Quiet, you. It's a serious problem.

Should I apply for a PhD program? If so, where? Here? It's not the only one I've been in touch with, though I'm certainly partial to my current apartment and karate dojo.

I mean, I get the impression that my the ripe young age of 24 I ought to have at least some idea of what the next 40 hold, but... No, I can't quite muster it.

Any advice?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2015, 10:59 PM
(21-02-2015 10:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 10:19 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  And this, folks... Is what it's all about, isn't it?

Quiet, you. It's a serious problem.

Should I apply for a PhD program? If so, where? Here? It's not the only one I've been in touch with, though I'm certainly partial to my current apartment and karate dojo.

I mean, I get the impression that my the ripe young age of 24 I ought to have at least some idea of what the next 40 hold, but... No, I can't quite muster it.

Any advice?

Go for the PhD.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2015, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 21-02-2015 11:07 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Btw I'm coming down with a fucking cold. But the house is clean, brother in law arrived...he brought salami and sourdough.

Heart

I'm going to bed.

Yes, I'm fully aware it's only 9:30.

21-02-2015, 11:06 PM
(21-02-2015 10:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 10:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Quiet, you. It's a serious problem.

Any advice?

Go for the PhD.

Yabut, where?

Here? Ottawa? Kingston? Waterloo? Halifax? Hamilton? Calgary? America? Overseas?

I JUST DON'T KNOW, moms. I've spent the last few weeks pretending I don't have a decision to make.

21-02-2015, 11:10 PM
(21-02-2015 11:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 10:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Go for the PhD.

Yabut, where?

Here? Ottawa? Kingston? Waterloo? Halifax? Hamilton? Calgary? America? Overseas?

I JUST DON'T KNOW, moms. I've spent the last few weeks pretending I don't have a decision to make.

Apply to all of them. G'damn it...do I have to do all the thinking? Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2015, 11:26 PM
(21-02-2015 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 11:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yabut, where?

Apply to all of them.

Hey; that ain't free, you know.

(21-02-2015 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  G'damn it...do I have to do all the thinking? Wink

Obviously, when I'm drunk.

22-02-2015, 12:32 AM
(21-02-2015 11:26 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Apply to all of them.

Hey; that ain't free, you know.

(21-02-2015 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  G'damn it...do I have to do all the thinking? Wink

Obviously, when I'm drunk.

Then pick three of them and apply. Then decide.

Don't drink anything until you decide.

22-02-2015, 12:40 AM
I don't understand people. Not one iota.
I've spent my entire life watching people from the sidelines and I have yet to come to any sort of functional understanding.

Take this incident for instance: My father and his defacto just returned home from a caravan and camping show and declared that they had spent $10000 on a thing which "isn't quite a camper trailer. but works on a similar principle".

This announcement was from a man who for the past few years, including this one, routinely complained that he didn't have enough money to pay his multitude of bills and akin debts. Did they decide they needed more debt? And yes, before anybody jumps on me, I know it's their money and they can do with it what they please. I simply cannot wrap my head around the decision. When questioned, they explained that "(they) work five days a week and need to get away occasionally", but they already do that! And by my father's admission, it wouldn't be much different to what they do now as '(they'd) still be in a tent'.
To add to that, it seems to me the whole 'working' argument is voided by the decision, I mean doesn't it mean that they now need to work for a longer time over-all in order to pay for the newly incurred financial burden?

By the gods, why?!

Surely my thinking must be off here.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
22-02-2015, 12:44 AM
Quote:I mean, I get the impression that my the ripe young age of 24 I ought to have at least some idea of what the next 40 hold, but... No, I can't quite muster it.

Best to decide before the time to decide runs out, I was 24 24 years ago, doesn't feel like it.
There's also no guarantee you'll get the next 40 either.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-02-2015, 12:51 AM
(22-02-2015 12:40 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I don't understand people. Not one iota.
I've spent my entire life watching people from the sidelines and I have yet to come to any sort of functional understanding.

Take this incident for instance: My father and his defacto just returned home from a caravan and camping show and declared that they had spent $10000 on a thing which "isn't quite a camper trailer. but works on a similar principle".

This announcement was from a man who for the past few years, including this one, routinely complained that he didn't have enough money to pay his multitude of bills and akin debts. Did they decide they needed more debt? And yes, before anybody jumps on me, I know it's their money and they can do with it what they please. I simply cannot wrap my head around the decision. When questioned, they explained that "(they) work five days a week and need to get away occasionally", but they already do that! And by my father's admission, it wouldn't be much different to what they do now as '(they'd) still be in a tent'.
To add to that, it seems to me the whole 'working' argument is voided by the decision, I mean doesn't it mean that they now need to work for a longer time over-all in order to pay for the newly incurred financial burden?

By the gods, why?!

Surely my thinking must be off here.

Something to think about their work claim. They may have been working for longer than you've been alive. Down time takes on new meaning when you've spent years without much of it.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post