Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-02-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-02-2015 10:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 10:19 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  And this, folks... Is what it's all about, isn't it?

Quiet, you. It's a serious problem.

Should I apply for a PhD program? If so, where? Here? It's not the only one I've been in touch with, though I'm certainly partial to my current apartment and karate dojo.

I mean, I get the impression that my the ripe young age of 24 I ought to have at least some idea of what the next 40 hold, but... No, I can't quite muster it.

Any advice?

Give it two years and you can come work for me if you want.
You'll have to start as a lowly pleb but if you try really hard after a few years who knows, I might bump you up from janitor to entrant internshipee.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2015, 04:17 AM
So about an hour ago some bitch crashed outside my house. Took the corner WAY too fast, spun out and plowed into our fence/brickwall.

I just found out about 2minutes ago, apparently it was loud as fuck yet I heard nothing.
She's ok but now we got a wrecked car outside our place. My flatmates didn't call the cops (or my neighbors for that matter) because they're all a bunch of stupid cunts. Fuck that bitch she must have been going ridiculously fast to spin out on that corner and so she should be arrested. Fucking put my life in danger and shit, don't need cunts like that on the road.

22-02-2015, 08:01 AM
(21-02-2015 09:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I don't know what the fuck to do with my life.

Become a Moonie. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2015, 08:08 AM
(21-02-2015 11:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(21-02-2015 10:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Go for the PhD.

Yabut, where?

Here? Ottawa? Kingston? Waterloo? Halifax? Hamilton? Calgary? America? Overseas?

I JUST DON'T KNOW, moms. I've spent the last few weeks pretending I don't have a decision to make.

How good are your grades and recommendations? How respected/prestigious are your degrees? This will put a realistic bound to the possible schools.

I would worry less about where in the world to go than about the quality of the program and school. Your mileage may vary.

That said, Boston/Cambridge is an awesome place for being a student. Smartass

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2015, 09:50 AM
(22-02-2015 04:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So about an hour ago some bitch crashed outside my house. Took the corner WAY too fast, spun out and plowed into our fence/brickwall.

I just found out about 2minutes ago, apparently it was loud as fuck yet I heard nothing.
She's ok but now we got a wrecked car outside our place. My flatmates didn't call the cops (or my neighbors for that matter) because they're all a bunch of stupid cunts. Fuck that bitch she must have been going ridiculously fast to spin out on that corner and so she should be arrested. Fucking put my life in danger and shit, don't need cunts like that on the road.

Probably a Mississippi bus driver on vacation. Wink
[+] 9 users Like pablo's post
22-02-2015, 10:36 AM
(21-02-2015 10:35 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Any advice?

Get a Government job.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-02-2015, 11:03 AM
(21-02-2015 11:06 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Yabut, where?

Here? Ottawa? Kingston? Waterloo? Halifax? Hamilton? Calgary? America? Overseas?

I'm partial to Halifax. But then again, I'm a Clare boy.
22-02-2015, 01:03 PM
(21-02-2015 09:14 PM)cjlr Wrote:  I don't know what the fuck to do with my life.

Fuck consenting adults, experience happiness. 24 you're a lightie Tongue You can take a year out and go smoke weed in Mozambique and grow dreads and drink cheap shitty beer and basically live in flip-flops on the beach and it's fucken *fine* Smile Plenty of time to go get Phds. One thing I realised at uni is everyone's so gosh-darned focused on moving up that academic ladder. They sit in their academic office cages and every day you hear the manic squeaking of their academic hamster wheel. And sure, they find out some cool shit and it's a cut-throat world and if you *don't* put your all into making that wheel spin you'll be left behind and all... but... you know... there's a lot of life out there to be lived Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-02-2015, 04:37 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

That is all nothing to see.

Move along folks just moms head exploding.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-02-2015, 05:01 PM
(22-02-2015 04:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

That is all nothing to see.

Move along folks just moms head exploding.

Try not to leave brain matter all over my thread thank you very much.